Crime Who is Ray Epps? Jan. 6 Plotter Ignored by DoJ and Democrats? Why?

I remember when Lefties blamed the entire BLM riots in Minnesota on some guy wearing black holding an umbrella because he smashed the windows out of an Autozone. First they claimed that he was a St. Paul police officer, and when they theory fell apart, they then claimed that he was a member of the Hell's Angles. :rolleyes:

Even the Lefty media outlets don't want to talk about him. Why is that?

Meanwhile Fox is all over him wanting to know why the Left doesn't care.

YOU , the Left. Your kind always dismisses what he did as nothing.
I honestly couldn't care less if you personally stripped him to his skivvies and pistol whipped him at dawn in front of the Lincoln Memorial for his crime. You're hilarious.

I don't think you have any evidence for this assertion. I'd really like it if you were to prove me wrong because I don't want to think you're the type to buy into that kind of thing without it.

These guys got doxxed by 4chan during the 2016 election but nothing happened to them

People fighting against the MAGA people only to pose as nazis later on

This guy got caught with a shield with a nazi symbol. He has it hidden in a trash bag earlier while he was fighting against trump supporters

W3JPHsX.jpg

ray epps DID commit a crime. he openly incited others to commit a crime (going into the capitol) or "insurrection" as the left calls it, on "The Day of Rage!" and he gets sucked off by the media and gets no jail time. all signs point to ray epps being an asset. what is the conspiracy angle here? what's the crazy part of this?

Ray Epps, Target of Jan. 6 Conspiracy Theory, Is Sentenced to Probation​

mainstream media: day of rage, worse than 9/11, end of america, give them life in prison.

also mainstream media: poor wittle ray epps.

Cant watch your link atm.... but I'm going to assume that there is NOT any actual video/audio of Mr. Ray Epps saying anything.... if you can confirm that, I won't bother......

The Link you provided to the NYT site says in the headline... "Ray Epps: Subject of many CT's..." so....

The NYT article you link to negates your assertion btw:

Ray Epps, Target of Jan. 6 Conspiracy Theory, Is Sentenced to Probation

The onetime Trump supporter was driven into hiding after Fox News and prominent Republicans spread a false narrative that he was a government agent who helped instigate the attack on the Capitol.

• Share full article

Ray Epps and his wife, Robyn, standing in front of an RV. Mr. Epps is wearing a white shirt and bluejeans. Ms. Epps is wearing an orange shirt with a flower illustration and bluejeans.

Ray Epps and his wife, Robyn, faced death threats and ultimately had to go into hiding after the conspiracy theory spread.Credit...Alan Feuer/The New York Times

Ray Epps and his wife, Robyn, standing in front of an RV. Mr. Epps is wearing a white shirt and bluejeans. Ms. Epps is wearing an orange shirt with a flower illustration and bluejeans.

Zach MontagueAlan Feuer
By Zach Montague and Alan Feuer
Zach Montague reported from Washington, and Alan Feuer from New York.
Jan. 9, 2024Updated 3:32 p.m. ET
Sign up for Your Places: Extreme Weather. Get notified about extreme weather before it happens with custom alerts for places in the U.S. you choose. Get it sent to your inbox.

Ray Epps, the former Trump supporter who became a target of a conspiracy theory that he was an undercover government agent who helped to instigate the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, was sentenced on Tuesday to a year of probation for his own small role in the riot instead of the six months in prison that prosecutors had requested.
The probation sentence, imposed after Mr. Epps had pleaded guilty last year to a single count of disorderly conduct stemming from his presence in the pro-Trump mob near the Capitol, brought his prosecution to a close. But it was unlikely to end the persistent false narrative that he was a provocateur out to entrap his fellow conservatives on Jan. 6 even though he, his lawyer, the prosecutor and even the judge overseeing the case all asserted in open court that the tale was preposterous.
“Trust in elected officials and Fox News led to my gullibility in believing the election was stolen,” Mr. Epps told Judge James E. Boasberg in Federal District Court in Washington. “What I witnessed was rage and vulgarity on a level I’ve never seen before, and it was generated by people like me, not the F.B.I. or antifa.”
Speaking in the same courthouse where former President Donald J. Trump was attending a federal appeals court hearing related to his prosecution on charges of trying to overturn the 2020 election, Judge Boasberg told Mr. Epps, “While many defendants have been vilified in a way unique to Jan. 6, you seem to be the first to have suffered for what you didn’t do.”
ADVERTISEMENT
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

The F.B.I. began looking into Mr. Epps, a former rancher and Marine from Arizona, almost immediately after Jan. 6 as investigators came into possession of video of him on the streets of Washington on Jan. 5 telling a group of Trump supporters to “go into the Capitol” the next day.
Even though Mr. Epps cautioned that the group should do so peacefully, several people in the crowd appeared to suspect him of being a government plant and hounded him with jeers of “fed!”

Other videos from Jan. 6 itself showed Mr. Epps leaning toward a fellow rioter at a barricade outside the Capitol, seeming to whisper something in his ear. That man — a Pennsylvania barber named Ryan Samsel — confronted officers within minutes, leading to the first breach of police lines at the building.
Our politics reporters. Times journalists are not allowed to endorse or campaign for candidates or political causes. That includes participating in rallies and donating money to a candidate or cause.
Learn more about our process.
Within two days of the Capitol being stormed, Mr. Epps saw his photo in an F.B.I. alert and immediately contacted the bureau, telling agents a story that never changed over subsequent interviews with both criminal and congressional investigators. Mr. Epps said that he had indeed encouraged the crowd to go to the Capitol to protest Mr. Trump’s loss in the election but that once he saw the mounting anger in the mob, he quickly sought to de-escalate the crowd, beginning with the man he spoke to at the barricades.
The F.B.I. apparently believed Mr. Epps and in May 2021 declined to prosecute him, ultimately noting that the investigation “did not reveal sufficient evidence” that he had entered the Capitol, engaged in violence or “committed any other criminal violations,” according to newly released records that his lawyer included this month in sentencing papers.

Last edited:
self quote..... I'm pretty pleased with myself in general...but not that much.

These guys got doxxed by 4chan during the 2016 election but nothing happened to them

People fighting against the MAGA people only to pose as nazis later on

This guy got caught with a shield with a nazi symbol. He has it hidden in a trash bag earlier while he was fighting against trump supporters

W3JPHsX.jpg
You KNOW if it was on 4Chan it's legit....???

OK, where's the proof that these folks are Antifa?
Where's the evidence that they were "fighting with Maga"... the one fucktard is wearing the MAGA colored hat ffs.

Cant watch your link atm.... but I'm going to assume that there is NOT any actual video/audio of Mr. Ray Epps saying anything.... if you can confirm that, I won't bother......

The Link you provided to the NYT site says in the headline... "Ray Epps: Subject of many CT's..." so....

nytimes:

"we'll track the key instigators in the mob taking advantage of weaknesses in the capitol's defense to ignite a wave of violence that engulfed the building. we'll show for the first time the many simultaneous points of attack and the eight breaches of what appeared to be an impenetrable institution of government. we'll show how the delay to secure congress cost likely cost a rioter her life, and how for some, storming the capitol was part of the plan all along..."

and immediately cuts to ray epps saying what he says in the screenshot.

epps-Copy.png

"conspiracy theory".....right.

FXm7p4yXkAMZipD

F499xAnXEAARJZQ

Reactions: N13
So Ray Epps was the one that convinced all the MAGA idiots to finger paint the walls of the Capitol with their own shit. Is he Professor Xavier type of mutant?

Ah so the CT nuts are going with the Hunter Biden playbook.

"Look Ray Epps isn't being prosecuted! That's proof he was a fed plant!"

*Epps is charged and pleads guilty

"Look Ray Epps was prosecuted! He was sentenced to a sweetheart deal! That's proof he was a fed plant!"

You idiots are so predictable.

nytimes:

"we'll track the key instigators in the mob taking advantage of weaknesses in the capitol's defense to ignite a wave of violence that engulfed the building. we'll show for the first time the many simultaneous points of attack and the eight breaches of what appeared to be an impenetrable institution of government. we'll show how the delay to secure congress cost likely cost a rioter her life, and how for some, storming the capitol was part of the plan all along..."

and immediately cuts to ray epps saying what he says in the screenshot.

epps-Copy.png

"conspiracy theory".....right.

FXm7p4yXkAMZipD

Firstly, thank you for the link...even though I found it quite disturbing to watch such a large swath of people loose their grasp on humanity (Outside of a Raiders game)

That documentary (?) portrays one of the sickest moments in the history of America. (Post reformation). Absolutely disgusting, truly.

The law enforcement people on the scene showed remarkable restraint IMO. In many parts of the world there would have been massive casualties. I am very proud of the work they did on Jan 6th, despite essentially being sabotaged at every turn.

Now you can watch that 40 minute video and somehow conclude that Ray Epps was a central figure?

He was tried, convicted (pled out) and got probation for his role. Given his past protecting the nation, and his limited role in the insurrection, and zero participation in the violence, I'm not sure that probation is out of line.

There is certainly no proof that he is working with the Federal government, though.

Allegedly he didn't even go beyond the barricades.

Back