Who is the best british boxer ever

I would of said lewis but I don't think lewis ever trained in Britain...but i guess he is British so that might do.

Hopkins was twice the fighter Tszyu was, so don't even try.

Some good posts here thx guys but to make this complete i need king kabuki to post to make this thread complete.

My Favourite is Nigel Benn but the most talented fighter we have produced was probably Prince Naz. Its a shame he was lazy and his training was erratic to say the least because he had the potential to be an all time great if he had dedication.

Who did Barry McGuigan beat?

One thing I've noticed with these British fighters...their career best win is ALWAYs a has-been, HOF'er.

I recall Don Curry being hailed the best p4p fighter on the planet when Lloyd Honeyghan beat him!

Why?

Unified titles, fought and beat every big name of the generation when there were actually big names at HW.

A case can be made for Lewis.

I wouldn't argue that Lewis wasn't a great fighter, but he blossomed late and when he was at his best, the majority of the "big names at HW" were past their prime. I would love to see Lewis at his best fight Tyson, Holyfield (I thought Holyfield clearly lost the first fight and won the second), Moorer, Bowe, Tucker, etc. when they were at their best.

Lennox Lewis by a solid length. But I also have to say he was a former Canadian.

he may not be the most successful british boxer, but my nod has to go to good o'l Henry Cooper, after all he did drop Ali.

_42451513_ali4.jpg

Back