Who is the greatest Wrestler of all time in the UFC?

i don't even like Conor but people talk about this fight like Conor had nothing for Khabib. when watching it live i was shocked at how well Conor was doing in the grappling.

Other than Tibau, Conor performed as good or better than anyone who ever faced Khabib. And he did it as someone who's style was a great matchup for Khabib to beat, too.

If we're talking straight mma
Gsp
Dc
Henry
Khabib
Jones
Hughes

But really it's gsp all alone at the top
Watching him rise up and reign over his division almost effortlessly was probably one of the greatest mma feats any of us are ever going to see. His competition was so much stiffer than Anderson's, Jones, Aldo's, khabibs ect. Truly the GOAT.

i don't even like Conor but people talk about this fight like Conor had nothing for Khabib. when watching it live i was shocked at how well Conor was doing in the grappling.
McGregor was legitimately special and in with the greats.
Unfortunately, he's Conor McGregor, so nobody will actually admit that.
His fw run ending with a 13 second destruction of arguably one of the greatest fighters ever is legendary
As well as his complete masterclass on Eddie
Dude definitely doesn't get his props from fans because of his antics outside the cage
Realistically, he was beating Dustin the second time, then ended up losing. No shame. Dustin is great.
The third fight was a fluke leg break that he was admittedly losing but not getting annihilated or anything. People just like to hate. Dudes definitely seen better days but I'm sure he could hang with and beat similar veterans

Do you mean taller?
DC Rashad Shogun were heavier.
Bonnar, Bader, Vera and Gus were easier fights.

Either way, never heard of advantageous lankiness regarding wrestling.
In straight wrestling being lanky is bad sure,but in MMA where you stand up right and have different stance/guard creates distance that works for lankier guys,shooting a double leg is way different like that then in wrestling alone where guys are basically sometimes touching with their heads

GSP or Khabib perhaps. Romero rarely used his wrestling and when he did, it wasn't impressive. Cormier had very good wrestling, but got outwrestled by Jones.

Proof of how much people hate Cejudo. He was an Olympic Champion. Won it all then won two belts in the UFC. I don't like him, but as a pure wrestler. No one has accomplished anything close to what he has.

Defensively Izzy and Aldo
izzy got taken down by jan and perreira that is awfull. izzy is good at staying out of range but cant do it if his opponent is of equal reach and he is good at getting back up while giving his back it worked out so far cause he never face anyone who goes for submission. overall izzy takedown defense is pretty bad

MMA wrestling, its Khabib unquestionably.

Nobody has had close to his level of dominance and control

Proof of how much people hate Cejudo. He was an Olympic Champion. Won it all then won two belts in the UFC. I don't like him, but as a pure wrestler. No one has accomplished anything close to what he has.
We talking about mma wrestling not pure wrestling.

Do you mean taller?
DC Rashad Shogun were heavier.
Bonnar, Bader, Vera and Gus were easier fights.

Either way, never heard of advantageous lankiness regarding wrestling.
Frame was Jones is way bigger than they are, 6'3" with an 84 inch reach. Chael said it was like wrestling a bear.

And lol, if you're never heard of tall lanky guys having and advantage in wrestling, then you have definitely never wrestled. That shit is a meme in the wrestling community, everyone hates wrestling lanky guys.

RE: the thread title---

A GOAT wrestler doesnt go 0 for 13 on TD attempts against a career journeyman.

DC, Askren, Cejudo, Highes etc have no such performances.

RE: Your comment about Tibaus juicing---

He had already lost Melvin, Pellegrino, Joe Daddt, etc. Never special, roids or not

We good?
I'm good, I just think you have autism. Have a good one though

76z8yk.jpg
Ya I'd go with the guy who was the best in the world

1. GSP/Jones- they out wrestled great wrestlers, losing very few grappling exchanges

2. Khabib- dominant but against lesser grapplers than GSP/Jones

3. Jose Aldo- best defensive wrestler in MMA history, offensively outgrappled guys like MTB and Urijah

McGregor was legitimately special and in with the greats.
Unfortunately, he's Conor McGregor, so nobody will actually admit that.
His fw run ending with a 13 second destruction of arguably one of the greatest fighters ever is legendary
As well as his complete masterclass on Eddie
Dude definitely doesn't get his props from fans because of his antics outside the cage
Realistically, he was beating Dustin the second time, then ended up losing. No shame. Dustin is great.
The third fight was a fluke leg break that he was admittedly losing but not getting annihilated or anything. People just like to hate. Dudes definitely seen better days but I'm sure he could hang with and beat similar veterans

Conor is sub-.500 when fighting guys his size.

GSP followed by Khabib but it’s extremely close call it’s a toss up between those two imo.

Khabib was literally shutout by Tibau.

You'll find 0 fights in Georges' career that went 15+ minutes and he got 0 takedowns, if he made an attempt

It’s been a long time, but how many true takedowns did he hit on Hendricks? That’s not a knock by any means given that Hendricks won two national titles at Oklahoma State with possibly the greatest American amateur of all time as his coach.

Back