Who is the Michael Jordan of MMA?

Jon Jones doesnt have that competitive spirit that Jordan had. If he did he would have fought at HW and he wouldn't have have denied Cheal the first fight. Jon takes calculated risks.
You have a point.

Wrong on both part ? Man outside of north America and maybe Russia, noone care about Hockey.
I wouldn't say all of NA, just Canada.

The U.S. cares significantly less about Hockey. Like Hockey is seen as some C grade sport where fights happen during the game.

lol there is none. it took 60 years of basketball to even get a michael jordan.

I wouldn't say all of NA, just Canada.

The U.S. cares significantly less about Hockey. Like Hockey is seen as some C grade sport where fights happen during the game.
i live in the northeast and hockey is at worst a B level sport out here. hockey is big anywhere that it snows.

Do you realize how absurd this argument is?

Please provide some objective proof that basketball, in the 1990's, was a sport with more talent than hockey. What metric are you using?

Please provide some objective proof that Michael Jordan is considered the greatest of all time across all sports.

And what about all the other sports not popular in America but popular around the world?

dude you are really trying to argue this? Now? In the middle of The Last Dance? It’s a foolish battle you’re fighting here.

I do think he was the 100% greatest athlete of my lifetime and the world overwhelmingly agrees.

The only person in a major sport that has EVER been as dominant as him is Babe Ruth.

LMFAO imagine thinking any hockey player can come close to the athletes that play soccer, basketball, or box. Seriously a fucking stupid opinion.

Jon Jones is the closest. But the sport hasn't been around and developed enough just yet. You think how perfect basketball players are suited their sport. Then compare it to mma which still has a very rag tag vibe when it comes to talent.

Martial Arts don't lend themselves to having an overall GOAT because it is too nuanced and varied to be pinned down by an overall talent. I played basketball on my varsity team in highschool and I started training in MMA when I was in college, and I can tell you from first hand experience in both that just pure boxing alone is more complex than the entire sport of basketball, let alone the entirety of MMA.

LMFAO imagine thinking any hockey player can come close to the athletes that play soccer, basketball, or box. Seriously a fucking stupid opinion.

this is a super ignorant comment. Hockey is one of the toughest sports out there that require as much skill and physical prowess as the other sports you just mentioned. Oh and it’s all done on ice btw.

Martial Arts don't lend themselves to having an overall GOAT because it is too nuanced and varied to be pinned down by an overall talent. I played basketball on my varsity team in highschool and I started training in MMA when I was in college, and I can tell you from first hand experience in both that just pure boxing alone is more complex than the entire sport of basketball, let alone the entirety of MMA.

god damn another ignorant comment. Whoa.

should have been jon jones if he wasns't a complete fuck face
the guy had his own shoe and was sponsored by bud light and i actually saw people wearing his shoe
he was the right talent at the right time but lacked the maturity to take his brand and sport to the next level
he should been on the wheaties box, not anthony lettuce

this is a super ignorant comment. Hockey is one of the toughest sports out there that require as much skill and physical prowess as the other sports you just mentioned. Oh and it’s all done on ice btw.
It's talent pool is significantly smaller and the athletes are less impressive.

god damn another ignorant comment. Whoa.
It is a correct comment based on experience playing them both. Martial Arts is probably the most complex sport that exists in the world right now.

Back