Who is the most famous MMA figure?

Aegon Spengler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So the most famous person to ever be involved with MMA is either Conor McGregor or Joe Rogan.

Who is more famous between those two?

Also, who is more embarrassing for MMA to be associated with?

Rogan is super famous but perhaps not in Europe where McGregor seems to be in the news a fair bit for throwing people off his yacht or whatever.

Rogan mostly gets in the news for denying the moon landing or propping up the conspiracy theory of the week

Who is bigger and why?

So the most famous person to ever be involved with MMA is either Conor McGregor or Joe Rogan.

Who is more famous between those two?

Also, who is more embarrassing for MMA to be associated with?

Rogan is super famous but perhaps not in Europe where McGregor seems to be in the news a fair bit for throwing people off his yacht or whatever.

Rogan mostly gets in the news for denying the moon landing or propping up the conspiracy theory of the week

Who is bigger and why?
Most famous and most embarrassing both go to Conor McGregor

tumblr-o3j4v08ab-W1qdqyxho3-500-gifv.gif

conor-mcgregor-punching.gif

Last edited:
Idk, Ken Shamrock had a level of crossover success and was pretty well known during that peak.

Gracie family, Royce in particular, were big back in the day too, but them and Ken were both long before social media.

You'd almost have to compare those kinds to current with some sort of adjustment for social media inflation, imo. That totally changed the fame game.

Last edited:
IDK, would be interesting to poll random people and see who is recognized the most. Rogan was on a lot of mainstream TV shows and has maybe the most listen podcast. Rogan might be more recognized by average people than Connor is.

Conor is more famous, they are both extremely embarrassing to be associated with, but no one really ever assumes you're a fan of either just knowing you follow MMA.

On top of that, be more confident brother, even if you're a fan of some shitty guy just own it, it's not like you murdered anyone.

Conor probably. I think in North America it's probably neck and neck between him and Rogan, but when you factor in other parts of the world then Conor becomes more well known.

Conor probably. I think in North America it's probably neck and neck between him and Rogan, but when you factor in other parts of the world then Conor becomes more well known.

Rogan is way more known that you might think in Europe; at least in my circles (sub-30 academics mostly) he's infamous for being a fascist (I know he isn't, I know he's just an idiot, don't shoot the messenger) and for the memes. I know a couple of fans of the podcast but all stopped listening around covid, I assume because he was saying wild shit about it.

None of them sorry

More Famous: Johnny Walker

Most Promisung: That kid Eric Silva

Probably Rogan. Dude is linked to basically any subject on earth because of his famous guests from so many different walks of life and professions.

From famous scientists, to famous musicians, to famous movie stars, to famous politicians, to famous comedians, to famous athletes, etc

Then you have Fear Factor, which was also pretty big internally I think, and of course UFC. News radio was never on TV here in the Netherlands, for as far as I know, so I'm assuming it's more a Murican thing.

Last edited:
Back