Who is the Most Unfairly Maligned Fighter on Sherdog?

The same Leonard Garcia who 4 months prior had been robbed against Max Holloway, and six months later KO'ed now surging contender Kevin Aguilar.

giphy.gif

Garcia put a hurting on the air in that fight, but didn't do shit to Holloway.

asdf.gif

She had better than solid grappling, which is the biggest reason all of her wins were finishes. For example, her grappling vs Zingano was superb. As far as WMMA being new and weak, there's no doubt you are right.
Rondas biggest moment in her career will always be the Cat finish. The time is amazing, but from a grappling standpoint, the hammerlock is a fucking spectacular move. Most BJJ or judo instructors wont teach it because it is such a high risk sub. If you dont lock it correctly you give up your back, and usually end up in a worse predicament than the opponent. But she was able to immediately turn an opponent on the feet firing off strikes, into a grappling situation, create a scramble, and lock up the hammerlock in less than 15 seconds. Incredible stuff by Ronda. She never impressed me beating up cans, but the Cat finish is truly outstanding

With all due respect... Every once in a while you just lose your fucking mind.

And there it is.

Why would you lie though? Im literally insulted that you would pull out that cherry picking lie when we all know that GSP tried to come back well before Dana allowed it.

Unsavoury, and of the outmost poor form at it’s most basic level. I’m quite literally shocked you would resort to this. And that you are actually such a low person.
Everything Inga said is the truth and you're a troll.

Maybe Jon Fitch? He was #2 WW forever but because hes a blanket he was treated as a smoke break by many
He's worse than the shittiest wmma fight

Fact

Does Schaub count as a fighter still? oh wait you said 'unfairly', nevermind then.

Dillashaw. He’s a snake for changing camps (which essentially all fighters do). And he’s cheating scum for PED use (which essentially all fighters do). I’m not white knighting the guy, but compared to his peers, what’s so bad?

This. Nothing whatsoever to support the idea that his competition was any lesser than that of the other champs. They were less well known because of the smaller weight class, but not less skilled.

Some of Ronda's technique was laughably bad, some was amazingly good. I don't think she's unfairly maligned in terms of personality or any of that, but as a fighter she is often treated as if she were a lot worse than she was.

I mean you pretty much summed it up about her technique. She was amazingly good on the ground with her transitions and submission game, and terribly bad with her striking and defense.

Do people really treat her as if she is a lot worse than she was? I'd say a lot fans believe Ronda wouldn't be able to beat Nunes or Holms in a rematch or Cyborg if they ever fought. I think that's a fair assessment.

Some of Ronda's technique was laughably bad, some was amazingly good. I don't think she's unfairly maligned in terms of personality or any of that, but as a fighter she is often treated as if she were a lot worse than she was.
Do you think she could have beaten Cain?

Brock Lesnar. A guy who won the title while an MMA novice, great chin (didn't like getting hit correct), always in exciting fights and never ducked anyone.

BJ Penn. He just can't stop.

Mike Russow gets a lot of shit on here for his vicious assault on a clearly KO'd Todd Duffee, but I say you go until the ref drags you away
That was attempted murder with that weapon of mass destruction. Can't believe Duffee survived tbh.

Rondas biggest moment in her career will always be the Cat finish. The time is amazing, but from a grappling standpoint, the hammerlock is a fucking spectacular move. Most BJJ or judo instructors wont teach it because it is such a high risk sub. If you dont lock it correctly you give up your back, and usually end up in a worse predicament than the opponent. But she was able to immediately turn an opponent on the feet firing off strikes, into a grappling situation, create a scramble, and lock up the hammerlock in less than 15 seconds. Incredible stuff by Ronda. She never impressed me beating up cans, but the Cat finish is truly outstanding

Yes and if Ronda never trained standup and instead focused on cardio, and ground and pound, she would have retired undefeated!
She eventually judotrip-to-armbars a patient Holly Holm, or gets the decision.

She definitely finishes an over-aggressive Cyborg who would have cut the weight to make the superfight.

Who knows if Ronda hangs around to fight Nunes, if so, she probably gets the armbar from the bottom.

As soon as I get posting privileges, Im creating this thread. I mean, I dont see how Ronda ever loses if she never trains boxing in her MMA career.

Also,
Which UFC/MMA characters should receive *more* malignment?
1. Edmond HeadMooment Targareyan
2. Bas Rutten (dude was very drunk one time i met him, he dropped his beer on the floor at an IFL event... not a big indicment of character, but yea I can see him knowingly taking payment to endorse fights featuring fighters who wont get paid..)
3. Jon Jones, truest example of psycopath, only time he is ever sad or remorseful is about getting caught, also best mma fighter of all time, but just so phony. If the dude went nWo Hollywood Hogan and totally embraced being the bad guy, Id actually really be a superfan lol)
4. Romero - honestly one of the more dirty fighters in the game.
5. Romeros manager

Back