who is the most wasted talent in mma history?

meh, his short career gives critics less space to poke holes at
The most intimidating fighter othercthsn Fedor "maybe" . Fought once a year as champion, didn't fight much more before, retired with 3 years of prime skills left in tank.

Whats more waste of tslent thsn that?

Conor wasting his prime

He's being smart, imo. He's already the richest MMA fighter ever. He got in and got out. Why risk more brain damage and ruin his long-term health and viability when he's already got more than enough money to have an amazing life for the rest of his life? It's the same thing with Mayweather, imo. Stop fighting for heck's sake!!! There's nothing to be gained practically ($750M -> $780M) and a LOT to be lost (your whole life and existence as you knew it).

The ones that scream at me are Alex emelianeko, dude was fedor but bigger. legit had goat potential but chose to pursue the art of being human filth...

BJ Penn is another one, don't get me wrong, he achieved a fuck ton but I feel like he got cucked out of that GSP first fight which would have maybe catalyzed him to remain more motivated and not just fight for the quick buck.

Cain Velasquez, Nick Diaz, and Tony...All of them were held back from different variables but nonetheless none of them were able to reach the heights of mma that they were capable of.
The ones that scream at me are Alex emelianeko, dude was fedor but bigger. legit had goat potential but chose to pursue the art of being human filth...

BJ Penn is another one, don't get me wrong, he achieved a fuck ton but I feel like he got cucked out of that GSP first fight which would have maybe catalyzed him to remain more motivated and not just fight for the quick buck.

Cain Velasquez, Nick Diaz, and Tony...All of them were held back from different variables but nonetheless none of them were able to reach the heights of mma that they were capable of.
Tj Grant

Nick Diaz for me and by significant margin. And not just because of fighting talent. He really had potential to be one of the biggest draws as well.

Mark Kerr I would say is up there. Total wrecking machine but got addicted to opiates and had a steep decline.
Here's a wild one. I think Herschel Walker would have been a great MMA fighter if he started a little earlier.

Now he's just a meme that only @PhitePhan would vote for.

Doo Ho Choi

If only he had the proper support and coaching smh

and BJ for being a lazy entitled fuk

Gregor Gillespie comes to mind. I loved watching him fight. He recently retired. He just never really seemingly cared about MMA all that much -- good for him though; now he can focus on fishing and stuff.
didn't know he retired.

Damn shame.
He was really good.

He's being smart, imo. He's already the richest MMA fighter ever. He got in and got out. Why risk more brain damage and ruin his long-term health and viability when he's already got more than enough money to have an amazing life for the rest of his life? It's the same thing with Mayweather, imo. Stop fighting for heck's sake!!! There's nothing to be gained practically ($750M -> $780M) and a LOT to be lost (your whole life and existence as you knew it).
unlike, say khabib, you can tell from conor drunkposting on instagram/twitter that he is deeply insecure about his legacy and his extended leave wasn't planned or desired

Goran Reljic. He was the next CroCop.

I’d say Aleksander Emelianenko. When he was on he looked so good. Even Fedor said he was more naturally gifted. He was big, tall, strong, fast hands and light on his feet. Had everything. Just couldn’t stay out of trouble or off the booze I guess.

A.J mckee seems like he could do more with his talent if he joined a better mma team.

Back