Who should Bo Nickal fight next?

Kevin Holland, the gatekeeper gift that keeps on giving (wins to his opponents, that is).

I think we're talking about him because he's been hyped up for a couple years, and he's basically delivered as advertised as far as inside the octagon goes. But the other side of being a star is personality, charisma, likability, je ne seis quoi and what have you. In that department I don't see much there. I think the main reason Dana is holding back on guys like Nickal, Rosas and whoever young crop is because many of the roster's biggest stars are going to be aging out of the sport in the next 3-5 years and the UFC doesn't want to risk killing any young fighters hype and profile when they're going to need these new guys to take that mantle as the next generation. I don't think it's so much that they're "not ready" for the step up, I think it's more risk management from the company.

In any event, this kid's going to be around and be a player but as far as star potential I just see him as more of a Cory Sandhagen than OMalley. The antidote to that is exciting fights and finishes and he's definitely promising there.

I think he has far more potential than Cory Sandhagen. No one was talking about Sandhagen when he was this far into his career. In fact no one has ever talked Sandhagen this much.

anthony hernandez is way to game for nickal at this point. he would be much too risky .

im thinking that mezhercnhimtmt guy or whatever that chimaev koed in 3 seconds.
So another bum? That guy is like .500 in the UFC, Nickal is probably the hardest job for the matchmakers right now, too much hype, not that polished, very little experience, giving him a ranked guy would be too much, even unranked guys might be too much, but at the same time, feels like he should be fighting much better competition.

I hope he gets a step up in competition. Hopefully a ranked opponent. He has already crushed 6 bums, we don't need to see a 7th bum get crushed

At 28 years old he's just developing bro.

The new fountain of youth Bo Nickal needs 20 unranked amateur opponents to build up bro

Nickal called out Anthony Hernandez after UFC 300. Should the UFC make this fight? I think Hernandez should be fighting up not down but I also think it's too soon for Nickal to fight a guy of that caliber. I'd like to see him against one more fighter outside the top 15, a significant step up from Brundage. Maybe Rodolfo Vieira?

Okay that is a good fight and if Bo wins that he is worthy of respect, but i wanted him to fight Ikram since he wants that USA vs Russia thing.

There's rumors of him fighting Malkoun and if that's the case that's a perfect fight for Bo. Malkoun is a really solid/savvy grappler who's fought some good people. He took Allen to a splitty recently.

Nick Diaz wants a fight. Let's see what happens.

Back