Who thought Conor would rule the LW division?

Homervanderjaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
With Khabib gone I thought it would be Conor who would reign supreme over the division.

Not a Conor fan by any means but he has proven in the past he had elite skills and determination.

I honestly thought he was going to smoke Dustin and fight either Justin or Oliveira next for the title.

Couldn’t have been more wrong... am glad for Dustin as I really like the guy as a fighter and have followed his career from the early days.

What were your thoughts going into this fight?

Unless Conor changes teams or brings in some legit sparring partners, you are going to see him get KO’d several more times before he fully retires

Conor needs to completely rid himself of the yes men he surrounds himself with and be around quality fighters and coaches

who.gif

Division is too stacked

if Khabib is done the belt will get passed around a lot. Hell Conor could even still win it

2016 account gonna 2016 account.

I never thought he'd rule it, but I did think he'd beat Dustin again. LW is much too stacked. Such an insane division.

Conor was landing good shots on Dustin, but Dustin had the perfect game plan last night to beat Conor. Crazy just how fast Dustin was able to hobble Conor's leg. Conor didn't adjust in the second round and it cost him.

Credit to Mike Brown. Put some respect on his name.

Unless Conor changes teams or brings in some legit sparring partners, you are going to see him get KO’d several more times before he fully retires

Conor needs to completely rid himself of the yes men he surrounds himself with and be around quality fighters and coaches
Legit sparring partners? You mean like Artem Lobov? Well he's in Russia I think.

Like Khabib would say... he has to humble himself.

Also, like @Hitto said above, he needs to train with better coaches and partners.

He’s surrounded by an average team who rides his coattails. He can’t fuck with the elite in this game.

It was inevitable too, Daddy Dana couldn’t protect him forever. This is the fight game after all, cherry picking only works for so long.

Not me.

I've never though he was an elite figure.

A good fighter, sure. But A+ level like Jones or Silva or GSP? No fucking way.

Back