Who Was Anderson’s Best Win In Your Opinion?

I'm thinking maybe Henderson -- he beat someone that was a tough stylistic match up and finished him in that fight.

Probably Belfort. He'd ko'd Lindland, who was the top ranked MW in the world and then Franklin, who was the former UFC champ and Vitor was looking shit hot

He didn't lose again at MW until he fought Weidman for the title

I think form wise yeah Vitor might have a case, arguably he hadnt hit the peak he did under Hooft in 2013 but still undefeated for 5 years prior with wins over Franklin, Lindland, AJ and Sexah either side of the loss to Silva.

Dan Henderson

i still think it’s clearly the highest level MW fight to date, and there’s been some good ones.

I'd say Franklin... complete domination of a reigning champ.

Hendo was his biggest accomplishment, although Hendo seemed to be a bigger accomplishment at different times in his career. He would look bad and lose to lesser fighters, then look great against the best. Roids were always a big question with TRT Dan.

Franklin, Sonnen, Vitor, and Forrest were his others, although Forrest made a paltry effort and looked like a clown.

MW wasn't overall very good during this time; not nearly as good as the fighters GSP had to contend with at WW.
BS WW at the time had nothing but one dimensional wrestlers

Anderson's (long, very long in fact) reign of terror was something else.
These newbie MMA fans calling a guy with 3 title defs the GOAT really pisses me off.

Who's with me?

We've never had an MMA fighter with his aura, not in his prime.
Panic wrestlers aren't eligible imho; only KOs or TKOs count -- sorry.

Anderson's (long, very long in fact) reign of terror was something else.
These newbie MMA fans calling a guy with 3 title defs the GOAT really pisses me off.

Who's with me?

We've never had an MMA fighter with his aura, not in his prime.
Panic wrestlers aren't eligible imho; only KOs or TKOs count -- sorry.

Yep. Not only did Silva have the aura of invincibility, he was also wildly entertaining with his willingness to attempt attempt new techniques in each of his fights.

In the span of 6 years and 16 fights, we got highlight reel finishes with knees, elbows, front kicks, and many trips into the matrix. And to add a cherry on top, we also witnessed the most improbable comeback of all time with the 5th round hail mary triangle.

Based on resume, Hendo.

Based on merit, his destruction of Forrest.

Based on overcoming the odds, Sonnen 1.

My personal favorite will always be the Belfort KO.

I would largely agree with this breakdown with a few modifications.

In terms of resume his win over Sakurai would be up there with Hendo.

Based on merit: certainly the Griffin win, and you can put Franklin 1 and 2 there as Franklin was a (seemingly) dominant champion at the time.

I’d also add (just for fun): His most Epic win may be over Lee Murray, given everything that happened after. Everyone who trained with Lee (including Pat Militich) believed that the sky was the limit for this dude. Lightning hand speed and decent ground game (he subbed Jorge Riveira in his UFC debut). Add to that being part of the most expensive bank heist in history and you’ve got all the elements of an epic story. Anderson was the last man to defeat Murray, and very few people obviously hold that accomplishment. That win is more so an interesting factoid in MMA history rather than some objective accomplishment, but it’s still cool nonetheless.

Henderson, and it's not even really close. Easily his best win, and his best opponent.

His best performance I would say was the Griffin fight. Between these two fights, Hendo in 08 and Griffin in 09, I would argue was when Anderson was in his absolute prime.

It's crazy he was able to hold the title for 3-4 more years after that. Most other fighters are on their way out on losing streaks at that age.

Good list, i would put hendo probably at 2 and also have Vítor Belfort in there.
came to say this ^
you could feel the bad blood
giphy.gif

and the kick was just perfect..
anderson-silva-front-kick-vitor-belfort1.gif

Hendo.

And Leben being one of his most underrated wins

I'm watching the Chael fights again and they are just so exhilarating. Maybe two of the most exhilarting fights in UFC history and one of the greatest rivalries.

going with hendo, along with the others. still pisses me off he never took a ufc strap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwaszak
Back