Who will be the next Gracie Uniform Pin recipient?!?!

GJJ in the 90s: Martial arts are all watered down with so many belts!

GJJ in the 2020s: Sign up here to take our safety de-escalation course. Don't worry about the cost, because the information is priceless.

GJJ in the 2020s: Sign up here to take our safety de-escalation course. Don't worry about the cost, because the information is priceless.
you should see the way the marketing machines go after kids program. There was a gym in town that had a, “black belt club” for the kids program where for an extra 30 bucks a month your kid got special stars to sew onto their lapel and got preferential treatment on drills, games, etc.

Personally, I don't care about this shit. The core belts, and especially black, should always be meaningful and represent a requisite level of skill but if they want to give out badges, camo belts, smiley face stickers, et cetera I couldn't give a shit. It's meaningless. I care far more about the trend of poor grapplers getting belts for just turning up twice a week.

I believe the pin idea came from the Chief of police in a California department, can't remember the name, as a way to encourage officers to train jiu jitsu and to continue training. Something like every 100 classes would get a uniform pin ... something like that

you should see the way the marketing machines go after kids program. There was a gym in town that had a, “black belt club” for the kids program where for an extra 30 bucks a month your kid got special stars to sew onto their lapel and got preferential treatment on drills, games, etc.

That's gross on multiple levels...what a terrible idea.

That's not only ridiculous it s sad and reprehensible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back