Who will be the next Lawler/RDA/Bisping?

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
After Bisping got KTFO by Belfort, he said in the post fight interview: "I'm not going to fucking quit, I'll be a UFC champion one day!"
I myself felt kinda sorry for him, I thought it's brain damage speaking.

RDA simply MEANT TO BE just one of these fighters in the deepest 155 division, going up and down, winning and losing.
When he became a challenger for Pettis' belt, the slogan of the event was "Welcome to the Show". It was all about Showtime. RDA was brought to be one of Pettis' defenses.

When Lawler was transferred from dead SF back to UFC, everyone thought he should just retire.
He came back to UFC with bunch of losses. Got outwrestled, outstruck.
Then the matchup came up and everyone was like : "Ooooooh noooo, they feed him to Koscheck"

Who else can do what these 3 guys did?
Overcome all odds, all doubts, exploit the opportunity and become the champion?
Do we have them now?
Maybe it's Mark Hunt? Or Oleinik?
Maybe it's Thiago Santos?
Maybe it's Gunnar Nelson?
Or, maybe, Felice Herrig?
Black Beast?!

Who do you think can do this? Seriously
I'm sure it will happen again, this Cinderella story. Noit once and not twice. This is MMA

Last edited:
Diego Sanchez

Poirier. Never foresaw him in that position after the Johnson or McGregor fight. War Diamond!

I think Sam Alvey will have his day

Poirier. Never foresaw him in that position after the Johnson or McGregor fight. War Diamond!

I don't think he ever was in that miserable position as those three....and relatively young....but good one, as well!

Dude if Diego Sanchez wins the title at any point further in his career they should seriously make a statue of him because that man will be a living legend.

Teh Chris Weidman has a decent chance once he KOs rockhold

Oh and I can't edit, but I believe Claudia Gadelha could get the belt if she has one more shot. She has fallen short for the title 2 times now.
Maybe Wonderboy down the line aswell?

Dude if Diego Sanchez wins the title at any point further in his career they should seriously make a statue of him because that man will be a living legend.

doing a split

Perhaps Artem will show us all one day...
<32>

Showtime Pettis?

He finally has an opponent that actually fits him in style, I honestly believe he can pull a major upset. And from there , a road will be quite short...

The Man With Black Belt Hands

giphy.gif

duh!​

RDA's run was interesting in that he never, ever had trouble with opponents from a striking background and somehow got a long run of opponents which suited him even though he was in the deepest division, where it's hardest to hide.

People who don't understand MMA were all, "Wow, RDA is suddenly a killer!", when in reality he's been a striker-killer his entire career. He had plenty of defeats, but every single one was to a guy with a wrestling background.

That's why as a Conor fan I was relieved when he didn't have to face RDA. RDA eats strikers for breakfast.

Back