Who won Edgar vs Munhoz

Who won ?

• Edgar

• Munhoz

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Going 'psshk psshk' throwing air punches to shoulders and arms. Would any sensible person say Frankie's punches were as hard and did as much damage as Munoz?

Frankie limped out the Octagon completely battered with both eyes closed up. He took a pretty serious beating.

This was not a close fight to score and its patently absurd to give 3 rounds to Edgar. This is the height of bad judging. Edgar danced away from the action and threw combos to nowhere most of the fight.

You think walking in to multiple strikes is how to win a fight?

I had it 3-2 for pedro but of all the guys I'm more than ok with seeing catch a gift decision, Frankie is perennially top 3 so I dont mind at all lol.

Think Pedro won but it was close enough that I’m not that bothered by it. Surprised Frankie pulled it out tbh.

You must have had the sound on and believing everything Dom said as he swung from Munhoz nuts.

Munhoz might have landed a few harder strikes, but frankie was landing 3-4 to his 1, and frankie stunned Munhoz a few times.

Frankie also had take downs.

A fighter walking forward just to get lit up isn't winning a fight.

2 of the judges had it right. The other one was out to lunch.
No, I actually watched the fight.

Frankie wasn't landing 3-4 to Munhoz's 1, if that happened Frankie would've landed 2-3 times as many strikes. The fact that the strikes were almost even, Munhoz landed the harder strikes, and you could notice Frankie limping around in there meaning Munhoz landed the more damaging strikes.

Frankie landed a TD in the 2nd, the round he won. And a TD with no control to start the 4th.

And you and I have a different idea of what getting lit up means. Frankie was the one getting his head snapped back and could barely walk.

You'd say a guy limping around and getting his head snapped back is more effective striking, right?

No, I actually watched the fight.

Frankie wasn't landing 3-4 to Munhoz's 1, if that happened Frankie would've landed 2-3 times as many strikes. The fact that the strikes were almost even, Munhoz landed the harder strikes, and you could notice Frankie limping around in there meaning Munhoz landed the more damaging strikes.

Frankie landed a TD in the 2nd, the round he won. And a TD with no control to start the 4th.

And you and I have a different idea of what getting lit up means. Frankie was the one getting his head snapped back and could barely walk.

You'd say a guy limping around and getting his head snapped back is more effective striking, right?

Munhoz was so far ahead on strikes because of the leg kicks.

Let's not act like frankie didn't daze munhoz on at least one occasion. Let's also not act like frankie didnt bust munhoz up in the second and third rounds.

You're more than welcome to think that walking in to multiple strike combos wins fights. Perhaps we are best off agreeing to disagree.

Weird. I thought Edgar was landing cleaner all night to be honest. His right hand and his left hook seemingly couldn't miss. It's just Munhoz had a power advantage. The only round I decisively gave to munhoz was round 4

I love ya bud and we know you are a die hard Frankie fan.

He danced away with a win tonight, but he got the shit kicked out of him. 4-1 or 3-2 Pedro made sense, this was a bad split decision.

Look at how many split stinkers Edgar has been in throughout his UFC tenure, its not an accident it follows him around.

Munhoz was so far ahead on strikes because of the leg kicks.

Let's not act like frankie didn't daze munhoz on at least one occasion. Let's also not act like frankie didnt bust munhoz up in the second and third rounds.

You're more than welcome to think that walking in to multiple strike combos wins fights. Perhaps we are best off agreeing to disagree.
Leg kicks that were clearly damaging Frankie's legs.

Frankie won the 2nd round, I don't care what he did in that round. Tell me how he won 2 of the other 4, it wasn't by landing the better strikes or grappling.

Here is the scoring criteria, based on it, you tell me how Frankie won this fight.

Screenshot_20200822-221705_Drive.jpg

Leg kicks that were clearly damaging Frankie's legs.

Frankie won the 2nd round, I don't care what he did in that round. Tell me how he won 2 of the other 4, it wasn't by landing the better strikes or grappling.

Here is the scoring criteria, based on it, you tell me how Frankie won this fight.

View attachment 793532

Gonna go with the top one.

Super close, I thought Frankie might have edged it out but I had no idea who the judges were going to give it to.

Was cheering for Edgar. I thought Pedro did enough but wouldn’t have been upset whichever way it went, very close fight.

It absolutely was the prime example.

Frankie lands a 4 shot combo, little is said.

Munhoz lands a jab, and dom went nuts.

Reminds me of the hype man\of mice and men key and peele sketch.
OddFrayedHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

48-47 Edgar. Landed more early and score a couple of takedowns.

Frankie landed more but sherdoggers that do not understand head movement and counters look at who is moving forward

I love ya bud and we know you are a die hard Frankie fan.

He danced away with a win tonight, but he got the shit kicked out of him. 4-1 or 3-2 Pedro made sense, this was a bad split decision.

Look at how many split stinkers Edgar has been in throughout his UFC tenure, its not an accident it follows him around.

Nobody knows more than Frankie how important it is to look busy to the judges. And when you get hit hard, you need to pretend at all costs like those shots didn't phase you.

When the judges gave him rounds 1 and 2 in the first BJ Penn fight, he learned full well how to game the scoring system and he's been doing it ever since. IIRC BJ outlanded Frankie in the first 3 rounds, and anybody with half a brain knows that BJ is a much harder hitter than Frankie.

Back