Who would you like to see at The Sphere?

Is the sphere like a stadium inside? I've only seen pictures of the outside

MSGSphere-LasVegas_EndStageGA_2023-11-29_2023-11-29_1156_11292023_121403_SVGC.webp

Seating angle outside of General Admission from what ive seen is quite aggressive. Sort of like the upper deck of a baseball field.

Looking at it , I think I would prefer to see a concert like Def Leppard's ' In The Round ' where the stage is in the middle with seats in a circle around..

Phish is in the middle of playing 4 nights there right now. Tonight will be the third night. They're only the second band to play there. I never really had a sense of the scale of the place until I watched a few videos from this run. Its massive.

Some nice drone footage here that gives you an idea of the size inside.

The UFC is supposedly holding an event there in September but I really don't know why. Its not like they can have visuals going on while there's fights playing out. That would be distracting.

Looking at it , I think I would prefer to see a concert like Def Leppard's ' In The Round ' where the stage is in the middle with seats in a circle around..
I saw that concert when they did it in the 80's and it was badass in a regular arena. I also saw them at Red Rocks with the same laser show and it didn't work nearly as well so I'm not sure how it would really work in the Sphere.

I saw that concert when they did it in the 80's and it was badass in a regular arena. I also saw them at Red Rocks with the same laser show and it didn't work nearly as well so I'm not sure how it would really work in the Sphere.

Hmmm....I saw them at Earl's Court in London in the round and they were great , went to a ' normal ' concert at Bramall Lane football ( soccer) ground and walked out...

Phish is in the middle of playing 4 nights there right now. Tonight will be the third night. They're only the second band to play there. I never really had a sense of the scale of the place until I watched a few videos from this run. Its massive.

Some nice drone footage here that gives you an idea of the size inside.

I was hoping to go but couldn't afford to. All 4 nights are completely different set list and visuals.

Muse, The Chemical Brothers, Tame Impala all had pretty dope shows/visuals from the acts I've seen live and who really could use a concept like The Sphere.

Lol okay maybe not but I think most if not all new arenas copy the sphere concept. As there's just so much you can do with it to make a great show.
A big issue I spose is that the Sphere is purpose build for concerts/shows not for sport which does seem like its increasingly happening as such events bring in so much money.

Back