WHO YOU GOT, AJ or Parker????

JPhenomenal

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Parker or Joshua?

Who moves on to get killed by The Bronze Bomber?

Joshua looks juiced as fuck.

Keep the cursing in posts. Cant have them in thread titles.

I have Joshua winning ITD, probably 6-7thth round. I don't see the man who stopped Wlad having too much trouble dispatching Parker.

I'm from New Zealand so I'll be cheering for Parker but I think AJ stops him in the middle rounds, round 6 or 7. I have to get up at 5am tomorrow morning to watch it, should be fun drinking at that time haha.

Joshua win via TKO/KO after 6 rounds. Can't see Parker holding on for much longer than that.

Never mind the amateur predictions... who are the boxing pros picking for this one. We've put together a a short list of outcomes given by fighters, trainers and promoters active in the sport today. By the looks of things, AJ is a clear favourite.

Tony Bellew – Joshua
“Anthony Joshua will eat Joseph Parker. A very good big guy will always beat a very good little guy.”

Dillian Whyte – Joshua
“I think Joshua stops Parker in the sixth round. I don’t think Parker is physically strong enough and mentally prepared. He might cause Joshua a few problems because he has quick hands but I see Joshua stopping him. Parker just about scraped a victory over Carlos Takam and I can’t see him bringing anything to the table for this match-up.”

Ismael Salaes – Joshua
“I think this is AJ’s time to step up. It will not be easy because he is fighting with someone who has a good chin of rock in Parker.”

Jeff Mayweather – Joshua
“I haven’t seen a lot of Parker. I have to go with the guy that I know and that’s Anthony Joshua. He’s the favourite and that’s a reason to go with that outcome alone.”

Jessie Vargas – Joshua
“Joshua is tall, strong, mentally focused and I see him using these assets to come out victorious.”

Kell Brook – Joshua
“Parker looks sharp for a heavyweight but I do see AJ knocking him out.”

Lucas Browne – Joshua
“It’s a 70/30 split to AJ for me. I don’t know if it’s going to end in a knockout but I definitely see AJ winning that one.”

Jim Lampley – Joshua
“I se Joshua knocking Parker out. He’s too big and too strong. Parker is quick but I don’t think he has enough to keep Joshua off of him. And Joshua’s punch is special.”

Nick Webb – Joshua
“I think Joshua’s going to stop Parker. He’s too big, and too powerful for him. As long as he keeps his fitness up he’ll do the job.”

Hasim Rahman – Joshua
“That’s just a money grab. I don’t give Parker no shot. Slim to none.”

Spencer Fearon – Undecided
“Joseph Parker has very good movement and he throws punches in bunches. He is a little bit faster than Anthony Joshua. But Anthony Joshua has the better punching power: it isn’t one-punch knockout, concussive power, it’s a stinging and hurtful power that he possesses. But Joseph Parker is a clever guy. He’s got a good camp around him, people who know boxing. This is what makes the fight interesting.”

Tyson Fury – Parker
“Can Parker beat him? Yes, he can. Parker is as tough as a brick. Game as a peddle. He’s young and ambitious with nothing to lose. Nobody expects Parker to beat Joshua. Parker can knock Joshua out.”

Freddie Roach – Joshua
“Parker is actually a much better fighter than what people give him credit for. But no, he cannot beat Anthony Joshua at this point in his career.”

Deontay Wilder – Undecided
“I wish Parker all the best but I think Joshua is definitely going to have to knock him out to win the fight. I see this fight going into the late rounds and I do give Parker a chance.”

Joe Joyce – Parker
“I think it’s going to be a great fight and I don’t expect it to end early. Parker is a very strong, durable fighter who can be tricky for Joshua, so he might take him to the late rounds to take him out.”

Tony Yoka – Joshua
“Joshua for me is still the number 1 in the heavyweight division.”

Andre Ward – Undecided
“I haven’t seen a lot of Parker but I like him. He’s big, athletic. The one thing for him is the moment: if the moment is not too big for him he’s got a shot.”

Bob Arum – Parker
“I think Joshua is a really good and exciting fighter, and he’s ballsy but he doesn’t have a good chin. His chin is suspect. And I think that Parker, who may not be the greatest boxer in the world but has a chin like iron, will stay in there with Joshua and he could knock him out.”

Dave Coldwell – Joshua
“I can’t agree with anyone who thinks that Parker is going to beat AJ. I’ve said it all along. The first time I saw Parker box I thought to myself he’s not that great. He’s a developing fighter but he’s not going to beat Anthony Joshua.”

Virgil Hunter – Undecided
“So far Parker hasn’t been in stressful situations in the ring like Joshua has, but he does possess some attributes that you have to take seriously. I can’t pick a winner but going on paper, Joshua should win.”

Jonny Nelson – Joshua
“There are more questions to be asked of Parker than there are of AJ. This will be Joshua’s second hardest fight of his career. There’s a strong possibility that he can be hit and hurt in this fight. I don’t see this going the distance.”

Jarrell Miller – Undecided
“It’s going to be a closer fight than anyone thinks. Parker has faster hands and better footwork and he’s not a chinny as AJ. Joshua being too musclebound has worked against him in his last two fights. I’m leaning towards AJ but I’m not counting Parker out and I wish him the best of luck.”

For some reason I didn't realize there was that much of a size difference between them. I think Parker has some skill but this looks to be too much for him.

Wonder if Joshua and Ubereem use the same nutritionist

AJ is 12 pounds lighter than in his last fight and Parker is also 10 pounds lighter, both of them seem to be in great shape.
Parker seems to be durable and he could give AJ problems durning the 2nd half of the fight.
Still, he'd have to stop him to win the fight (or dominate 9-10 rounds to get an UD in the UK), so AJ has to be the favourite.
I just hope that we won't get a shady British stoppage, with the ref jumping in when AJ throws a barrage of punches and half of them don't even land clean/Parker is still fighting back, that would be a bummer.

I just hope that we won't get a shady British stoppage, with the ref jumping in when AJ throws a barrage of punches and half of them don't even land clean/Parker is still fighting back, that would be a bummer.

I was thinking this. Takam was 100% going full twelve if the referee didn't make that stupid call. And Parker is 10 years younger than Takam and seems to be durable. That's why I'm going with AJ by a 116-112ish decision.

Joshua win via TKO/KO after 6 rounds. Can't see Parker holding on for much longer than that.

Never mind the amateur predictions... who are the boxing pros picking for this one. We've put together a a short list of outcomes given by fighters, trainers and promoters active in the sport today. By the looks of things, AJ is a clear favourite.

Tony Bellew – Joshua
“Anthony Joshua will eat Joseph Parker. A very good big guy will always beat a very good little guy.”

Dillian Whyte – Joshua
“I think Joshua stops Parker in the sixth round. I don’t think Parker is physically strong enough and mentally prepared. He might cause Joshua a few problems because he has quick hands but I see Joshua stopping him. Parker just about scraped a victory over Carlos Takam and I can’t see him bringing anything to the table for this match-up.”

Ismael Salaes – Joshua
“I think this is AJ’s time to step up. It will not be easy because he is fighting with someone who has a good chin of rock in Parker.”

Jeff Mayweather – Joshua
“I haven’t seen a lot of Parker. I have to go with the guy that I know and that’s Anthony Joshua. He’s the favourite and that’s a reason to go with that outcome alone.”

Jessie Vargas – Joshua
“Joshua is tall, strong, mentally focused and I see him using these assets to come out victorious.”

Kell Brook – Joshua
“Parker looks sharp for a heavyweight but I do see AJ knocking him out.”

Lucas Browne – Joshua
“It’s a 70/30 split to AJ for me. I don’t know if it’s going to end in a knockout but I definitely see AJ winning that one.”

Jim Lampley – Joshua
“I se Joshua knocking Parker out. He’s too big and too strong. Parker is quick but I don’t think he has enough to keep Joshua off of him. And Joshua’s punch is special.”

Nick Webb – Joshua
“I think Joshua’s going to stop Parker. He’s too big, and too powerful for him. As long as he keeps his fitness up he’ll do the job.”

Hasim Rahman – Joshua
“That’s just a money grab. I don’t give Parker no shot. Slim to none.”

Spencer Fearon – Undecided
“Joseph Parker has very good movement and he throws punches in bunches. He is a little bit faster than Anthony Joshua. But Anthony Joshua has the better punching power: it isn’t one-punch knockout, concussive power, it’s a stinging and hurtful power that he possesses. But Joseph Parker is a clever guy. He’s got a good camp around him, people who know boxing. This is what makes the fight interesting.”

Tyson Fury – Parker
“Can Parker beat him? Yes, he can. Parker is as tough as a brick. Game as a peddle. He’s young and ambitious with nothing to lose. Nobody expects Parker to beat Joshua. Parker can knock Joshua out.”

Freddie Roach – Joshua
“Parker is actually a much better fighter than what people give him credit for. But no, he cannot beat Anthony Joshua at this point in his career.”

Deontay Wilder – Undecided
“I wish Parker all the best but I think Joshua is definitely going to have to knock him out to win the fight. I see this fight going into the late rounds and I do give Parker a chance.”

Joe Joyce – Parker
“I think it’s going to be a great fight and I don’t expect it to end early. Parker is a very strong, durable fighter who can be tricky for Joshua, so he might take him to the late rounds to take him out.”

Tony Yoka – Joshua
“Joshua for me is still the number 1 in the heavyweight division.”

Andre Ward – Undecided
“I haven’t seen a lot of Parker but I like him. He’s big, athletic. The one thing for him is the moment: if the moment is not too big for him he’s got a shot.”

Bob Arum – Parker
“I think Joshua is a really good and exciting fighter, and he’s ballsy but he doesn’t have a good chin. His chin is suspect. And I think that Parker, who may not be the greatest boxer in the world but has a chin like iron, will stay in there with Joshua and he could knock him out.”

Dave Coldwell – Joshua
“I can’t agree with anyone who thinks that Parker is going to beat AJ. I’ve said it all along. The first time I saw Parker box I thought to myself he’s not that great. He’s a developing fighter but he’s not going to beat Anthony Joshua.”

Virgil Hunter – Undecided
“So far Parker hasn’t been in stressful situations in the ring like Joshua has, but he does possess some attributes that you have to take seriously. I can’t pick a winner but going on paper, Joshua should win.”

Jonny Nelson – Joshua
“There are more questions to be asked of Parker than there are of AJ. This will be Joshua’s second hardest fight of his career. There’s a strong possibility that he can be hit and hurt in this fight. I don’t see this going the distance.”

Jarrell Miller – Undecided
“It’s going to be a closer fight than anyone thinks. Parker has faster hands and better footwork and he’s not a chinny as AJ. Joshua being too musclebound has worked against him in his last two fights. I’m leaning towards AJ but I’m not counting Parker out and I wish him the best of luck.”

Joshua to win by stoppage.

Ps, Joe Joyce is actually backing Joshua, which he would anyway as they are friendly and have sparred hundreds of rounds with each other.

AJ all the way, look at parkers performances over the past few fights as well, joke

AJ inside the distance. Aside from a few frustrated blitzes, AJ should be comfortable.

Parker is

- too small
- leads with his head
- has never fought a puncher​

Joe Joyce – Parker

Really? I'm not sure who he said that to but here http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018...rker-wilder-v-ortiz-and-tyson-fury-s-comeback he said this

Giving his opinion, Joyce added: "I think probably Joshua will win, but Parker will make it very hard work for him. He’s got a chin and he’s strong so it might go into the later rounds.”

Joshua to win by stoppage.

Ps, Joe Joyce is actually backing Joshua, which he would anyway as they are friendly and have sparred hundreds of rounds with each other.

That's what I thought too and the quote above seems to confirm it.

The fight is only happening for Joshua to win and Joshua wins by stoppage.

Back