• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Who's More Of A Genetic Freak: Ngannou, Gane or Lesnar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know anything about lifting? Have you ever seen ngannou do anything impressive? I GUARANTEE he can’t squat/DL/bench/vert/run anywhere remotely near Brock. I’ve never seen him do anything worth talking about. 2x is probably being generous to him.
So what's your point? That lifting weight is useless for an athlete? Cause it sure makes it look like it.

Brock for sure. Cuts to 280 and moves like a middle weight.

Him vs Ngannou would've been interesting. Everyone says he doesn't like getting punched but the guy had a granite chin. He took shots from Shane Carwin till he couldn't move his arms anymore for fucks sake. He just doesn't react properly when getting hit but the lights never go out.

I mean he got mauled against Carwin. That fight gets stopped 99% of the time.

Makes you wonder how many fights would have ended differently if the ref had let the guy get brain damage

It's completely wrong... doping enhances all your athletic abilities, even your chin.

Neck muscles are really important to absorb punches.

As for the original question, it's Ngannou to me : he grew up very poor in Africa, didn't even have the right to live in Europe and started fighting sports very late.

Not a single guy in the UFC can claim to have a similar story than Ngannou.
Gonna need some citation on that partner

I mean he got mauled against Carwin. That fight gets stopped 99% of the time.

Makes you wonder how many fights would have ended differently if the ref had let the guy get brain damage

Ya I agree. Probably should've been stopped.

I was just referencing his ability to not go to sleep lol.

That's why TJ was muscular and not lean when he popped... oh wait.

We are all very familiar with how bulky and huge Lance Armstrong is, right?
He popped for EPO. Yes I'm aware of Lance Armstrong. The EPO didn't help him win vs Cejudo. He still got TKO. He was dropped on the first exchange.

That still wouldn't do anything for hand speed, punching power, and chin like I've stated. I'm parroting this from pro boxers. This is what they all say about PEDs, and they say it for good reason. Dillashaw is not known for his punching power.

damn kinda late to this thread but I wanna say that CM Punk is the most genetic-ist freak. if you disagree you're not a real UFC fan go to bellator.

You've never used PEDs and you keep talking like you didn't just do some googling and guessing. You are treating all PEDs like they are Dianbol while ignoring everyone who you're afraid actually knows what they are talking about.
Yes I've never used it, but I can tell who does. I know fighters strengths and weaknesses from PED use. It affects their fighting/training style. It's good to know what to expect from opponents.

Brock is a Viking God, but if Romero were a little bigger it’s probably him.

Although Anderson Silva’s reflexes are simply not something one can develop.

Honestly, we leave out Bobby Lashley because he didn’t fight in the UFC, he’s facing Brock at the Royal Rumble, but he arguably has had a better MMA career then Brock did.

I’d say Brock, those genetics don’t happen often for someone of European descent. I’m sure there’s there’s plenty more giant guys like Francis in Africa.

He came from the WWE where essentially everyone was juiced to the moon and back. He ran laps around all of them. He was VASTLY stronger and faster than everyone he performed with. He also tried out for the Vikings and utterly impressed everyone in the camp with his speed and strength, and yes, all those dudes are juiced to moon as well.

40-yard dash: 4.7 seconds
Vertical jump: 35 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet
225lb bench press: 30 reps

He's literally faster than JJ Fucking Watt, who is one of the top defensive players of all time.

Lesnar is BEYOND athletically gifted.
I'm done with this silly convo. Bye.
Wanna hear something crazier? Brendan Scwab isn't far off of Lesnar's NFL stats.

No it doesn't. Not punching speed, and punching power. It definitely doesn't work your chin. All that muscle isn't what gets you punching power. The strength that comes from PEDs is more for grappling strength and lifting. There is a reason why boxers are lean and not muscular, they don't want to lose the fluid motion in their punches. Also why they don't really lift weights much. PED heavy fighters are all bulky and muscular and have no cardio for the pacing of boxing. Their muscles gas out from that type of pace and activity. If punching speed, punching power, reaction time, reflexes, and chin was attainable with PEDs everyone would have it in combat sports. There's a reason why it isn't like that - it's not from PEDs.
You clearly know very little about peds. PEDs aren’t going to get you accidentally jacked. They absolutely increase speed and power. 40 yard dash, vertical leap, punching power, all can be proved with peds.

What makes a good chin is entirely theoretical. But it’s not crazy to think the added musculature in the neck would help. Many people believe that better cardio helps you take and recover from hits. Obviously if that theory is correct things like epo would be beneficial.

every type of athlete uses peds. They aren’t just for bodybuilding.

Yes I've never used it, but I can tell who does. I know fighters strengths and weaknesses from PED use. It affects their fighting/training style. It's good to know what to expect from opponents.

Please enlighten us, how can you tell do easily? What strengths and weaknesses?

He popped for EPO. Yes I'm aware of Lance Armstrong. The EPO didn't help him win vs Cejudo. He still got TKO. He was dropped on the first exchange.

That still wouldn't do anything for hand speed, punching power, and chin like I've stated. I'm parroting this from pro boxers. This is what they all say about PEDs, and they say it for good reason. Dillashaw is not known for his punching power.

Mr Fight IQ who talks out of his ass.

You're a literal Sherdog meme

So why does 99.99% of the PED using athletes not look like Brock? Or move like Brock?

It's almost like there's something different about him... like on a genetic level...

Right but we don't know if everyone use the same things and at the same rate, here's the difference.

Do you know anything about lifting? Have you ever seen ngannou do anything impressive? I GUARANTEE he can’t squat/DL/bench/vert/run anywhere remotely near Brock. I’ve never seen him do anything worth talking about. 2x is probably being generous to him. Having crazy KO power does not = physical strength. Look at deontay wilder he could put ngannou in a coma and his lifting is an embarrassment. Pathetic numbers and horrific technique. high school freshman can outlift him by a wide margin and look a lot better doing it

Lifting is mainly about limbs length, there's nothing special about it. If you have shorter limbs relatively to your height, then you are advantaged.

Asians have shorter limbs on average, that's why they dominate Olympic weightlifting : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_records_in_Olympic_weightlifting#Current_records

And that's why Jon Jones would make a very bad weightlifter...

Ngannou's reach = 83 inches.

Lesnar's reach = 81 inches.

Lesnar certainly have shorter legs too, which is also beneficial in weightlifting.

Last edited:
No it doesn't. Not punching speed, and punching power. It definitely doesn't work your chin. All that muscle isn't what gets you punching power. The strength that comes from PEDs is more for grappling strength and lifting. There is a reason why boxers are lean and not muscular, they don't want to lose the fluid motion in their punches. Also why they don't really lift weights much. PED heavy fighters are all bulky and muscular and have no cardio for the pacing of boxing. Their muscles gas out from that type of pace and activity. If punching speed, punching power, reaction time, reflexes, and chin was attainable with PEDs everyone would have it in combat sports. There's a reason why it isn't like that - it's not from PEDs.
Lol.

Sounds like it’s 1998 and people are arguing ped’s don’t help you hit a baseball farther……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back