• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's The Most Hittable Top-Tier Fighter?

Olives is an obvious one. it's his biggest weakness

but for me it's Ortega. the guy just takes these massive shots on the chin like nothing. like I feel a lot of fighters in FW would've at least been rocked & staggered by the right cross and front kick he walked through against Yair <{katwhu}>the weird thing is it's clear he works on his head movement a lot but he just fails completely at utilizing it properly

.gaithje

none.. these guys are not top fighters.. they are just garbage divisions is all it is.. sometimes u get a division so bad that even the single digit ranked guys are trash. Divisions are graded on a curve and they shouldn't be. WHen a guy who is "most hittable' is able to get single digit ranked, that's when you know you have a trash tier division on your hands.
james-franco-wait-what.gif

Gaethje. I genuinely question whether or not Ortega is a top tier fighter. People will initially scoff at this but:

1) He was losing 5/6 of his wins (all besides Edgar) before he saved himself with a comeback stoppage
2) His biggest win is 2-4 since they fought (with 3 KO losses, 2 at a weight class below)
3) He has 1 win in the last 4 YEARS over a guy who is basically retired
4) He got absolutely destroyed in his 2 title fights and we have no idea of the long term effects this has had on him. Considering his inactivity, it is plausible he is not the same fighter

His high ranking and "headliner status" on cards easily deceives people but really, Ortega has been riding off of that Edgar win for a prettyyy long time now. In a sport that is very "what have you done for me lately?", Ortega hasn't done anything in a really long time

What a ridiculous manipulation of stats, and typical "hater" post. No wonder you have double yellows.

1. Which 5 of his 8 wins (not 6) are you talking about?
2. What does Frankie's record matter now? He was 7-1 going into the Ortega fight, with his only loss being a title fight to Baldo.
3. His last win was in October 2020, less than two years ago.
4. FOTN bonuses in both of those title fights, to go along with all of his other FOTN/POTN bonuses.

What a ridiculous manipulation of stats, and typical "hater" post. No wonder you have double yellows.

2. What does Frankie's record matter now? He was 7-1 going into the Ortega fight, with his only loss being a title fight to Baldo.
4. FOTN bonuses in both of those title fights, to go along with all of his other FOTN/POTN bonuses.
Idk he has some points man

Idk he has some points man

Yeah, but they all go out the window when you use misleading info, play "the numbers game" with records, use past opponents' current stats to shit on another fighter, overdramatic critiques to support your opinionated and biased viewpoints, ect.

The delusion is real. A win over Frankie was a big deal 4 years ago but if you seriously think that matters in 2022, you are beyond hope. As stated clear as day, Ortega has been riding off of a distant win for the last 4 years and really hasn't done anything to prove that he is still a top fighter in 2022. Genuine LOL @ "well his last win was less than 2 years ago" as if that is somehow a justification for his insanely inflated ranking

Despite Max’s touted boxing He doesn’t move his head well enough and relies on his chin in exchanges, and whatta chin he has, but it’s also been a detriment at times when he can’t melt the other guy.

Came here to say this.

The delusion is real. A win over Frankie was a big deal 4 years ago but if you seriously think that matters in 2022, you are beyond hope. As stated clear as day, Ortega has been riding off of a distant win for the last 4 years and really hasn't done anything to prove that he is still a top fighter in 2022. Genuine LOL @ "well his last win was less than 2 years ago" as if that is somehow a justification for his insanely inflated ranking

Keep drinking that haterade. Why are you even bringing up Frankie, as if that's somehow a stain on his record now? ("LOL it was a good win then but not anymore LOL"...are you dumb?) Did you forget that he beat someone in the top 4 who just fought for the title a few months ago?

I see you're doubling down on your deceptive "only 1 win in 4 years" nonsense, another manipulated stat where you arbitrarily made his fight with Holloway your "cut-off point" so you can say his ranking is "inflated", as well as trying to manipulate my own words to make it sound like I'm trying to "justify" his ranking, when all I'm doing is calling you out on your bullshit.

Have you seen the other divisional rankings, clown? And do you understand that rankings are not based on YOUR opinion and/or inability to properly evaluate fight records?

I know he isn't top tier according top op's standards (only in my heart) but Dan Hooker feels like a guy that takes way too much punishment in all his fights. Love the guy but I almost wish he would call it quits now, his brain must be mush already.

NaughtyMessyAtlanticridleyturtle-size_restricted.gif

If Adriano Martins can hit you on the button, it's not a good sign.

This was a long time ago and god it realy was awful how he left his chin out straight, balance forward, stance wide open, hands down. I mean you are just asking to be knocked out. Totally forgot how bad that one was.

To be fair he is like the opposite now, super conscious of his guard now and rarely overshoots his punches.

Back