Who's the smartest MMA fighter

Ryan Hall and Demian Maia are the most rational fighters I've heard speak. Demian even called his first instructional series "Science of Jiu-Jitsu." Joe Lauzon, also very rational.

In all seriousness, my pick is McGregor and Khabib.

You need to be smart to understand the fight business the way McGregor did. His rise was something magical and it was all calculated.

Khabib is a smart a person and a good indicator of that is his capacity to learn new languages. I think he can speak 5 or 6 languages if I’m not mistaken. I also remember hearing something about him being very educated.

Last edited:
Believe it or not the weedman has a psychology degree

I remember a thread at 3 am on a random weeknight a long time ago that corroborated that Weidman and his brother sexually assaulted a fellow wrestling teammate in high school by penetrating him with their fingers. And that their relationship was never the same after that. It was quickly deleted. Was I the only one who saw that?

If Rosi Sexton has an actual PhD in computer science, she is easily the most academically accomplished person to fight in the UFC. You don't get a doctorate in math-based fields by being dumb.

Rich franklin....dude was a teacher before fighting

Could be chuck.. ..he was suppose to be an accountant

Rich Franklin or GSP

I don't know. Just because he was a teacher doesn't automatically mean he is smart. I would still put Overeem and Izzy as being smarter than Rich. Also, negative on the Chuck.

tenor.gif
Majored in math for his college degree and taught HS math (algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, etc.) so there is a far amount of brain power there. He wasn't a gym or shop teacher bro...

"Prior to becoming a full-time MMA fighter, Franklin graduated from William Henry Harrison High School. He earned a bachelor's degree in mathematics and later earned a master's degree in education at the University of Cincinnati, and taught mathematics at the Oak Hills High School in Cincinnati, Ohio."

Rich Franklin is also a creationist which indicates that he's not all that attuned to the scientific method.

I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He is incredibly well spoken.
I don't know what is considered smart in the rest of the world, but he is a normal guy for our standards I understand most fighters aren't educated at all, so maybe my perspective is wrong :)

Majored in math for his college degree and taught HS math (algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, etc.) so there is a far amount of brain power there. He wasn't a gym or shop teacher bro...

"Prior to becoming a full-time MMA fighter, Franklin graduated from William Henry Harrison High School. He earned a bachelor's degree in mathematics and later earned a master's degree in education at the University of Cincinnati, and taught mathematics at the Oak Hills High School in Cincinnati, Ohio."

If he actually taught calculus he gets my respect for that. But he could've taught basic algebra for all we know.

Rich Franklin is also a creationist which indicates that he's not all that attuned to the scientific method.
Believing in a literal god is one thing... but being a creationist, as in believing word for word, what the bible says about how our world came into place is ridiculous.

Especially since these people deny that Dinosaurs existed, as far as i know.

Believing in a literal god is one thing... but being a creationist, as in believing word for word, what the bible says about how our world came into place is ridiculous.

They don’t deny anymore. They just think dinosaurs are about 4K years old and walked the earth (which is 5k years old) with humans.

Their proof is a) a fossilized hunk of mud seemingly with a dinosaur footprint and a human footprint, and b) the Old Testament.

They always take the Old Testament verbatim...except when they don’t.

There are different strands of Creationism (some believe that the Earth is 6000 years old, others don't). I have no idea which faction Rich adheers too. Creationism basically just means that you believe scientific evidence can prove that God created geology/evolution/etc.

Back