Who's your 5 greatest rappers of all-time?

Bill Cosby
Ron Jeremy

Oh shit, my bad. I misread the thread title.

Favourite or trying to be more "objective"?

Trying for the greatest:
- DOOM
- André 3000
- Q-Tip
Some combination of Nas, 2Pac, Biggie, KRS, Rakim, Kendrick Lamar and other very famous names. I'd go with 2Pac and Kendrick Lamar due to cultural impact.

If I had to just list my favourites I'd have to mention Eyedea, milo/RAP Ferreira, MC Ride.

I feel like the new generation is underrating Nas.
Although I have to say I don't like everything he releases

Favourites:
Black Thought
AG
Ice T
Kool Keith
Guru

Greatest:
Rakim
Nas
KRS One
Black Thought
Chuck D

In no particular order:

Rakim
Nas
G Rap
GZA
Prodigy (prime)

6th: Common

Really came down to Prodigy and Common in the end. Common was more consistent but P was so menacing in his prime.

I hate u al so much rn
These are terible lists literally all of them
Haven't any of u evere listned to any undergeound hip-hop ffs
Tbere so many g9od ra0pers and u guys al said the same 10 commercial ass

I'm not huge into hip hop, but...

-Biggie
-RA the Rugged Man
-Atmosphere (mostly Slug & Eyedea)
-Tupac
-Wu-Tang(can't pick a specific one but Liquid Swords is one of the only hip hop albums I own)

In no order……

Del the Funky Homosapien
El-P
Method Man
Nas
De La Soul

2pac
Big L
Big Pun
Eminem
Lupe Fiasco, Joyner Lucas, Tech9(it varies from day to day)

Just came to say i hate rap. That being said, bone thugs n harmony are the greatest

Damn, went through every page just to be sure, and not one mention of Ghostface Killah?!?!?!! For shame, Sherdog!!!!

This will be mixed with people's favourite rappers vs who they perceive as goats.
e.g Big L is one of my favourite rappers but I don't have him as one of the goats.

If you know and like Big L, why wouldn't you have him as one of the goats?

Lack of mainstream success?

If you know and like Big L, why wouldn't you have him as one of the goats?

Lack of mainstream success?
It's akin to naming your 5 favourite MMA fighters and also which MMA fighters you perceived as G.O.A.T.S, I'm sure they will be different for you and much like music it's the same.
Big L died too young is the main issue. His bars and wordplay,multies metaphors, voice etc is God tier to me but due to not much mainstream success, only 2 albums and neither album are in my top 15 rap albums of all time and not too much diverse song subject matter I can't have him as one of the goats but he is in my top 5 fav rappers though.

Back