Why Americans sucks in rugby?

Everyone's given the obvious answer that top talent goes to other sports in the US. Even if that was the case, with 350 million people in the country and strong school and uni level football, our NFL rejects would be more than athletic enough to field great teams - and why not when you can get paid a couple hundred grand a year easily if you are good?

The real answer is most positions in rugby require enough on the fly thinking, game awareness and diverse skills that it takes many years to develop (with a few exceptions). Potential players in the US don't have access to much of a competitive club scene to develop that experience.

For sure, as I mentioned already that's one reason the USA is actually decent at 7s. Lots of great athletes, and 7s requires less tactical awareness and overall skills than the full game.

I read recently a CFL player is going to try play 7s for Canada, curious how he goes as well.

Crossfit literally draws more "talent", here.

I almost puked in my mouth using that word to describe those flunkie gym monkeys seeking refuge where no athlete worth shit goes, but that's the fucking truth. Hell, Dancing with the Stars draws more athletic talent than Rugby in the States.

Whats the main reason in your opinion, that cause Rugby to be not so popular despite similarity with American Football?

Also I laugh when people saying "but but US are world champion in American Football"

Yes yes you are world champions...because you are the only one playing it lawl

shield-digital@2x.png
Simple. Our best athletes play the sports in America with the greatest viewership. American Football, Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey (in that order) are the most popular spectator sports in American, and therefore make the most money. If you're an athletic talent, you obviously follow the money. Rugby and soccer (association football) don't draw as many spectators.

Cuz Americans have little knowledge about the rest of the world and so naturally presume everything they enjoy is the best. Amusingly.
Sports - NFL/baseball/NBA - America
Rugby/soccer etc - the rest of the whole planet earth.

= " NFL is obviously the best sport in the world" - USA . Haha do this thread in a predominantly us forum is heroically pointless

Back