Why are bouncers such bully jerks?

The coolest bouncers I ever met was a strip club in Vegas. My cousin use to work there doing valet and his girlfriend at the time was the bartender. The bouncers were the two twin brothers from Oceans 11 and 12.
1701820263303.png

I've worked with at least 30 different bouncers in my time, plenty are thick as shit, plenty are intelligent mother fuckers who would only smesh you if necessary. One of my best mates is a 40 year old Bouncer.

I bounce part time and it's annoying as fuck. Still, I try to be nice always cuz you're the first and last person they see.

That said, dont be a dick, especially to the servers and bartenders as they are typically the ones telling us to kick people out.

It reminds me of what my Dad said about his time as a bouncer...

He had a lot of fun, a lot of fights, made a lot of friends and stories and was never afraid of the physical side of the job, but became terrified when someone showed up at his workplace with a lawyer.

He left and started his own security firm soon after.

Last edited:
If you are that insecure to challenge some bouncers who’s job is to pick out the guys not being a positive addition to the clubs atmosphere you deserve to be denied entrance.
It’s their job. Of course they are in a position of power and abuse that but they have to deal with crazy people wanting to get inside daily.
Treat them with respect, fit into the clubs etiquette and you won’t have problems.

Sounds like you chose a shitty cheap club, got denied and now you have to compensate here.

I know of this one bouncer who works downtown at a club who also happens to be a jerk/bully you can tell he feeds off making others fear him, than potentially fight them if they stand up to him. This isn't just one but i've experienced many bouncers to be this way and to be brutally honest i've only ever met one that was nice and enjoyable to be around. They love to gaslight others to make them think their the bad ones when yet they would have no remorse hurting someone🙄

Very small penor.

Little man syndrome. They are usually CHUD. Look like they ate big macs between breakfast and brunch. Can't fight. Are weight bullies.

I met one good guy. Black dude. 6'4.skinny as a rail. My buddy says,"last week, he scrapped and cleared house. It looked like a movie." I thought nothing of it.

Holy F. The man's nuts. He punched out 6 people and dropped kicked a dude down the stairs. He always was cool to me and let my buddies and i come through. No ques. He reminded me if Peak top form Silva. Certain people aren't to be fucked with. The black dude told me he's afraid of nobody but 1 man. Another black dude. Middle age 40 something. He trained in like a underground fight club before mma was thing. They are fucking bad ass. good guys until people try to fuck the place up or disrespect the site. I knew of the guy who trained the older guy. Some road house level shit. Just irl.

Medical and dental ain't cheap. Play nice kids.

Are you use "bouncers" as a codeworld for "Sherdog's moderators"?
<Lmaoo>
It reminds me of what my Dad said about his time as a bouncer...

He had a lot of fun, a lot of fights, made a lot of friends and stories and was never afraid of the physical side of the job, but became terrified when someone showed up at his workplace with a lawyer.

He left and started his own security firm soon after.
My old man warned me of dive bars and when the environment is a sword fight. Too much testosterone. Busted girls think they are hot. It's just a bad time. Old man chimpo Hurricane knows these things.

He also warned me of cowardly buddies who will hide when things pop off.

I bounce part time and it's annoying as fuck. Still, I try to be nice always cuz you're the first and last person they see.

That said, dont be a dick, especially to the servers and bartenders as they are typically the ones telling us to kick people out.

Yup. 99.9999% of bouncer interactions stem from patron behavior.

I used to go out often, probably 100 nights per year for a 10 years span before having children, and I had 0 negative encounters with any bouncers or nightlife staff. It isn't hard to be a nice person.

They deal with s***** people on a daily basis and in those types of environments you can't hesitate to act. No mistakes and you can't show weakness.

With that being said, any type of job where you have power over others will also attract certain types of people. There's a high chance those people were dicks from day 1 and have been bullies their entire life

100% depends on the establishment you're attending. Higher end places, security/ doormen are pretty chill / unnoticeable until they have to be

It all depends on the venue. Shit venue = dealing with problems all day = hard to be happy. Add insult to injury that most shit venues even pay less and the clients don't tip, it's not a fun ride.

Bouncers are hired to deal with assholes who cause problems. If you’re frequently having problems with them, then maybe they’re not the problem. It’s kinda like the ol “If you run into an asshole in the morning…” saying

I know of this one bouncer who works downtown at a club who also happens to be a jerk/bully you can tell he feeds off making others fear him, than potentially fight them if they stand up to him. This isn't just one but i've experienced many bouncers to be this way and to be brutally honest i've only ever met one that was nice and enjoyable to be around. They love to gaslight others to make them think their the bad ones when yet they would have no remorse hurting someone🙄
Next time you're getting your ass kicked at the bar, call the the nice guys scared to fight for help.

I've met a few d-bag bouncers in my day, but most were cool. If anything, the percentage of bouncers of who are d-bags, is less than the general population, in my experience.

I've had a lot of bouncer friends. They are only a jerk if you are a wuss, because they are bullies. We need bullies in this world. The lack of them lately has seen a rise in Soy Boys that think they can be bullies without consequences.

Years ago there was a bar that hired bouncers from one local gym that were weightlifters on steroids. They didn't like guys talking to women in the bar that the bouncers were trying to date. They would wait until a guy went into the restroom then 2 of the bouncers would go into the bathroom to try to scare the guy off. I was at that bar one night and walked into the restroom. There were two bouncers and one guy in there that I surprised. The guy hurried out the door and the 2 bouncers looked at me and walked out. One guy I know got beat up pretty bad there one night. I used to kid him that he won the fight by beating the toes of the two guys shoes with his face and ribs.

A college student was in the bar one night and one of the bouncers started harassing his girlfriend. The student asked him if he wanted to take it outside. They go out and two more bouncers were waiting and beat the guy pretty bad. Two weeks later several of the students buddies from his hometown miles away went to the bar, lured the bouncers outside and beat the living shit out of them. Nobody saw anything and nobody knew who they were.

Security requires a level of stand off ish behaviour.

What annoyed me was how they would always refuse my mate because he had a slightest limp, so they assumed he was drunk.

I quit the job, I started in university to get some weed money and continued later when my kids were born and I needed the extra. It was fun and kept me from drinking, except for one gig where I was paid in pints.

I gave it up because the money wasn't needed and it was starting to turn me against regular people. The terrible people you have to deal with as a doorman changes you over time. They all come from single parent households, have no aspirations other than to sport a fashionable haircut and take out their frustrations on any available father figure in authority. They are cretins, they have less than zero worth, the whores skirts they chase remind them of their bipolar mothers and will provide them with little bastards just like their absent dad.

Being tasked with providing boundaries for these drunk, frustrated little sewer Napoleons can make you less charitable and I started to look forward to and perhaps not put so much of the brakes on any escalation.

That was my cue to get out and I'm a better person for it.

Broadly speaking yes there are some terrible bouncers, but the vast majority are fair if not good, and the public fucking deserve the bad ones 100%.