Opinion Why are people angry at white privilege being real?

So the generation that had to deal with intense job discrimination and the generation that lived under him crow is your answer. If you don't even have a job, you can't pass shit to your kids, especially when the system was against them for the longest time. The fact that you inherit debt and still do well shows how privileged you are

I said the generation born in the late 90s and mid 70s dum dum.

You know nothing about my life you ignorant ass.

It’s real cuz white people dont control 97% percent of the world any more they only control 96.78% now and that is a fucking travesty

Why the hell would any sane person want to emulate Latin America ?
Mexico ,a country with 25,000 murders a year and savage poverty . The same as the rest of Latin America..
Chaotic and violent . There is a reason why people are flooding out of those countries to be in white countries .

Why the fck would anyone want to be a minority and be displaced?
like in South Africa ,where the whites are being targeted for land grabs and extreme violence...
In Europe our way of life is coming under daily attack from the global elites .

Being a white person in a minority is all about being under constant attack and being targeted for violence and having your possessions taken.
I dont fancy living in some gated compound with armed guards .

I dont think you understood anything of what is being said.

I said the generation born in the late 90s and mid 70s dum dum.

You know nothing about my life you ignorant ass.

Again, the generation that faced intense job discrimination? Are you being intentionally obtuse ?

Do you think people just magically let go of any racial prejudices overnight? People still hold discriminatory views. I bet you the type to think it was all even after the 14th amendment

People are angry because the idea of white privilege is narrow minded, divisive and racist bullshit.

That's what the left call "positive discrimination". You can't pin that one on the right. Nice try though. LOL

The right generally believes in a flat playing field even if that means that only Chinese with Tiger Mom's get into Harvard. We are okay with it. There are many colleges/universities to attend and if one wants to go to Harvard they have to step up their game.

I haven't seen anyone accuse Asians of being "more privileged" as much as showing them as a case of people, in general, who have done well despite the so called "white privilege" that holds minorities back.

I'm not pinning Affirmative action itself on the right, I was speaking on the idea of 'asian privilege' which alot of right wing talking heads have been discussing lately, I understand the point they are trying to make, that white privilege isn't real because asians have higher household income. But overall its a disservice to asians to keep bringing this up to take some of the heat off white privilege, firstly its hypocritical and also assumes all privilege is monetary. And when discussing asian privilege they always fail to mention that there are laws in place (affirmative action) that is working to counteract the success of a minority group that did too well compared to the majority group.

Firstly lets discuss what affirmative action really is: a law that was made to discriminate against one particular group: asians, its a racist law, an evil law. Affirmative action was only introduced when the problem of asians ''overpopulating' the student body and destroying the cultural heritage of the schools. This is the idea behind it, that schools need to preserve their cultural identity from alien cultures and peoples that will not conform to western culture. This is racist in many ways but also assumes that culture is genetic therefore asians would not be able to change thier culture to adapt.

Yes Affirmative action does benefit blacks, hispanics and other historically disadvanged groups (well, not asians but who cares about consistency). Thats a residual benefit of AA and makes it more palatable and makes leftists support the law. But its also proof that if a certain minority group is able to challenge the power sturcture of the majority group in any way, then uncle sam will put in laws to make sure to hammer their asses back where they belong, a ''know your place'' kinda thing.

Remember that whites also benefit from affirmative action, especially ones that live in states with a higher asian population, in that case they would have to score even higher to get into the top schools, since the highest 5% percentile would still be majority asians. White women in particular are one of the largest benefitiaries from AA.

I hear of conservatives often criticizing AA, but none of them even mention the real reason it was implemented, who it was really mean to punish, who it was meant to benefit. I don't hear any modern conservative politicians speak on abolishing AA, no movement from them or the right in general, just alot of yapping about SJWs but no action. I've never heard Trump speak on the matter, nor have I heard anything about any reform of any kind. Seems to me the right are mildly accepting of the law while at the same time critical but not seeking immediate change or reform. Maybe because sub-consciously they know its meant to "conserve" American culture by not letting those pesky asians take over our schools.

Either way, its funny when I hear Americans brag about how free and meritocratic their society is when they have evil racist laws like AA in place. Lol, both things cannot exist at the same time, this isn't a meritocracy.

Last edited:
Or a product exclusively of American origin? anyone in Mexico will tell you that having white skin is better than brown, and in 2017 a study demonstrate the obvious.

Being white is strongly correlated to education and wealth.

http://www.latinorebels.com/2017/06...co-white-mexicans-richer-and-more-successful/

That's one of the reasons i also chuckle at the white genocide crowd, whites becoming a minority will only make whites more desirable, as it happen in most of latin America.
Because people actually interested in who has "privilege" wouldn't just reduce themselves to race unless they had an agenda. Does anyone care about the "privilege" attractive people have? What about able-bodied people? What about the privilege of those born in two-parent homes? What about the privilege of those born in a developed country. What about the privilege of those that never had to serve in war, or those born into wealth. The reason why we don't constantly discuss this is because there is no formula for truly knowing who has more "privilege". It is a disingenuous position for people overly focused on the superficial.

I'm not pinning Affirmative action itself on the right, I was speaking on the idea of 'asian privilege' which alot of right wing talking heads have been discussing lately, I understand the point they are trying to make, that white privilege isn't real because asians have higher household income. But overall its a disservice to asians to keep bringing this up to take some of the heat off white privilege, firstly its hypocritical and also assumes all privilege is monetary. And when discussing asian privilege they always fail to mention that there are laws in place (affirmative action) that is working to counteract the success of a minority group that did too well compared to the majority group.

Firstly lets discuss what affirmative action really is: a law that was made to discriminate against one particular group: asians, its a racist law, an evil law. Affirmative action was only introduced when the problem of asians ''overpopulating' the student body and destroying the cultural heritage of the schools. This is the idea behind it, that schools need to preserve their cultural identity from alien cultures and peoples that will not conform to western culture. This is racist in many ways but also assumes that culture is genetic therefore asians would not be able to change thier culture to adapt.

Yes Affirmative action does benefit blacks, hispanics and other historically disadvanged groups (well, not asians but who cares about consistency). Thats a residual benefit of AA and makes it more palatable and makes leftists support the law. But its also proof that if a certain minority group is able to challenge the power sturcture of the majority group in any way, then uncle sam will put in laws to make sure to hammer their asses back where they belong, a ''know your place'' kinda thing.

Remember that whites also benefit from affirmative action, especially ones that live in states with a higher asian population, in that case they would have to score even higher to get into the top schools, since the highest 5% percentile would still be majority asians. White women in particular are one of the largest benefitiaries from AA.

I hear of conservatives often criticizing AA, but none of them even mention the real reason it was implemented, who it was really mean to punish, who it was meant to benefit. I don't hear any modern conservative politicians speak on abolishing AA, no movement from them or the right in general, just alot of yapping about SJWs but no action. I've never heard Trump speak on the matter, nor have I heard anything about any reform of any kind. Seems to me the right are mildly accepting of the law while at the same time critical but not seeking immediate change or reform. Maybe because sub-consciously they know its meant to "conserve" American culture by not letting those pesky asians take over our schools.

Either way, its funny when I hear Americans brag about how free and meritocratic their society is when they have evil racist laws like AA in place. Lol, both things cannot exist at the same time, this isn't a meritocracy.

I think most sensible people are not fans of affirmative action, but many are afraid to voice their opinion on it and be called racists.

Because people actually interested in who has "privilege" wouldn't just reduce themselves to race unless they had an agenda. Does anyone care about the "privilege" attractive people have? What about able-bodied people? What about the privilege of those born in two-parent homes? What about the privilege of those born in a developed country. What about the privilege of those that never had to serve in war, or those born into wealth. The reason why we don't constantly discuss this is because there is no formula for truly knowing who has more "privilege". It is a disingenuous position for people overly focused on the superficial.

Of course people discuss it all the time, it just doesnt rustles as many jimmies as white privilege.

aPD9x7K_700b.jpg

Evidence that it exists. For example, a law that explicitly favors whites over blacks.

Again, I know what evidence is. And you're not asking for evidence but a law, which is not evidence. Terrible example of what you're looking for in 2018 although we don't have to go back very far to find tons of laws that would satisfy you.

You really don't see the irony here, do you? If you can't even agree on a definition, how can you conclude it does exist? The default position in reasonable discourse is that a claim must be proven true before it can be accepted. Not that it must be proven untrue.

Who said I can't agree on a definition? You're the one concluding it doesn't exist.

LOL. And here we are. Again. Wikipedia. But we will go with your definition, just for the sake of further argument (though wikipedia entries are not acceptable evidence in science, academia, or a court of law.)

It's not my definition it's one that works well enough. If you have a problem with it spell it out.

What privileges do white people have in American society that non-whites don't? I'll wait.

I'll wait until we agree on a definition first.

Evidence that it is real. For example, a law that exists on the books which clearly provides whites with legal privileges that blacks don't have. Or economic benefits that are expressly given to whites by law, and expressly forbidden to non-whites by law. Start there.

So the threshold are laws on the books? One cannot have advantages unless it is law? We'll proceed from there but it's obvious you're setting up a ridiculous threshold.

For example, people who are born to wealthy families have lots of advantages over those who are born to poor families (this should be obvious). The advantages are there without any law on the books, but they exist non-the-less. So your threshold is bogus.

Or a product exclusively of American origin? anyone in Mexico will tell you that having white skin is better than brown, and in 2017 a study demonstrate the obvious.

Being white is strongly correlated to education and wealth.

http://www.latinorebels.com/2017/06...co-white-mexicans-richer-and-more-successful/

That's one of the reasons i also chuckle at the white genocide crowd, whites becoming a minority will only make whites more desirable, as it happen in most of latin America.

From my recent conversations with people on this topic it seems the main issue with the concept of "white privilege" isn't so much as to whether it is true or false
-it's pretty evident that being closely associated with the dominant (social) group in a society is always beneficial

But the main issue is that the concept undermines Caucasians' individual efforts in life.
-At no fault of their own were they born white per say, but they have worked hard and applied themselves in whatever living and profession they have accomplished; the last thing they want to hear is that it was "easy" because they are white.
--It isn't substantive and seems to take away from that individual's life's work and effort.

Good question though, I actually asked and referenced your question to a Caucasian colleague of mine and his disposition was similar to with what I came up with.
-no one wants their education, effort, and life experiences marginalized as to being easy by no choice of their own, nor defined by a generalization("being white").

Of course people discuss it all the time, it just doesnt rustles as many jimmies as white privilege.

aPD9x7K_700b.jpg
What nonsense. Plenty of people start out like Paula and make it. More people start out like Paula, actually.

From my recent conversations with people on this topic it seems the main issue with the concept of "white privilege" isn't so much as to whether it is true or false
-it's pretty evident that being closely associated with the dominant (social) group in a society is always beneficial

But the main issue is that the concept undermines Caucasians' individual efforts in life.
-At no fault of their own were they born white per say, but they have worked hard and applied themselves in whatever living and profession they have accomplished; the last thing they want to hear is that it was "easy" because they are white.
--It isn't substantive and seems to take away from that individual's life's work and effort.

Good question though, I actually asked and referenced your question to a Caucasian colleague of mine and his disposition was similar to with what I came up with.
-no one wants their education, effort, and life experiences marginalized as to being easy by no choice of their own, nor defined by a generalization("being white").

I guess its similar to the "He juices" argument when it comes to bodybuilding and other sports.

Yeah, when you juice you can train every single day, some people criticize juicers to diminish their efforts (which is true in a lot of settings) but the fact remains that people who juice are actually giving a higher effort and in sports where everybody juices it doesnt takes away anything from them.

What nonsense. Plenty of people start out like Paula and make it. More people start out like Paula, actually.

Good, and most people end up in the lower end of society despite giving a shitload of effort.

Exactly. This is a useless discussion that's only purpose is to rustle jimmies. There is no practical benefit for anyone.

Good, and most people end up in the lower end of society despite giving a shitload of effort.
True. Not an uncommon thing or exclusive to any group.

I don't really see a problem with having to work for a living, myself.

Shut the fuck up. You make idiotic comments and run away with your tail between your legs as soon as someone confronts you on them.

At least I have the balls to back up what I say.

So you eat dogs is what you are saying?

True. Not an uncommon thing or exclusive to any group.

I don't really see a problem with having to work for a living, myself.

Do you see a problem with government trying to help driven people who werent born in a silver platter to get ahead in life?

The amount of student debt in America is ridiculous when compared to the rest of the developed world.

Back