Why are ps4 controllers such GARBAGE?

I've owned 3 controllers for the ps4, no issues with any.... but that fucking battery life pisses me off and they suck to connect to pc's, through bluetooth or usb.
How do they suck to connect to PCs. U plug it in and it works . Pretty simple actually

I've been playing this game daily for maybe a month and now both PS4 analog sticks sometimes feel like they are drifting to the left. I aim to shoot and the thing involuntarily turns to the left. At first I thought it was the icy in game surface.

Funny, the same day I said I had no issues my left joystick started to drift upwards constantly.

How do they suck to connect to PCs. U plug it in and it works . Pretty simple actually

Look into common issues for ps4 controllers and bluetooth. Needing to resyncing the bluetooth is annoying as shit.

Works ok with DS4windows directly connected, but that shouldn't be necessary.

So it's less simple than other controllers, actually.

I've been playing this game daily for maybe a month and now both PS4 analog sticks sometimes feel like they are drifting to the left. I aim to shoot and the thing involuntarily turns to the left. At first I thought it was the icy in game surface.

I think it's a universal issue. I just had to replace an Xbox controller, after one stinking year of use because of stick drift. Not sure about Sony, but I know MS really cheap'd out on some internal components for their controllers.

Meanwhile my original PS3 controller is totally fine, and you can charge it for five minutes and get hours of use out of it.

The controller is a hell of a lot better than the damned Gold Headset. Cracked headband, ear pad cover pieces crumbling off and that was after less than a year and being very gentle with it.

Funny, the same day I said I had no issues my left joystick started to drift upwards constantly.

Look into common issues for ps4 controllers and bluetooth. Needing to resyncing the bluetooth is annoying as shit.

Works ok with DS4windows directly connected, but that shouldn't be necessary.

So it's less simple than other controllers, actually.
Oh I just connect it via usb and it pops right up . On my xbox though even if I connect to pc with usb I always have to resynce it to my Xbox . It’s weird

Had to crack the controller open. The top sensor has a corrupted copper connector thing that's apparently pretty common. I'll need to find an old broken controller and replace it, or get a new controller.

Sucks since I have only had it for a couple of years. It's not the one that came with the system, it's that limited edition blue one with the gold. Couldn't even replace if I wanted to. I blame this thread for making me brag about ps4 controllers.

Only issue i have is my 360 controllers. My PS2 controller still working fine even after 18 years.

Back