Why are ufc athletes so poorly treated compared to all other professional athletes??? Fighter pay aw

Pboxingfan123

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Why are ufc athletes treated so badly????

14-16% of all revenue to the fighters that is embarrassing. Terrible look for mma. Fighter pay is the biggest problem in the sport. Why is Dana not grilled about this constantly???

NFL, NBA, MLB and European Soccer league athletes are Kings and royalty and ufc fighters are peasants.

Cause folks can't touch their toes...

<EdgyBrah>

You are comparing apples to bald eagles.

1. 2 NFL teams alone are worth more than the entire UFC.
2. All those leagues you mentioned have unions.
3. Baseball players play 162 games. NFL players play 17+ games. UFC fighter fights likes 2 times a year.

Because there is no Major League Players Association like all the other sports and a large number of fighters use the same guy to negotiate their contracts.

It’s a business and their priority is profit. If someone agrees to fight for 12/12 then that is their decision. Sure the ufc uses strong arm tactics and are assholes, but until they get out into a place where they have leverage to fight back. Then this is fighting. Until eagle fc takes over.

They're just that, fighters.

They're not professional athletes, just like how a golfer isnt an athlete.

They know what they signed up for.

NFL is a huge league. UFC total worth is probably two teams. Each team has maybe 50 players total? UFC has bigger roster and PPV model. I don't know what the current ESPN deal is but old PPV deals it's roughly 50 percent of profit off the bat to the television carrier.

You can probably pay the fighters much more but you have to cut the roster down to 5 people per division? It's not a good viable model for fighting.

UFC fighters are paid as high or higher percentage of revenue than women's tennis and similar non-team sports that treat athletes like contractors. The model itself is the problem. It won't change without some either some sort of fighter's association or a change in the law.

There's a lot of things I like about the UFC's promotion first approach. Less dispersion of talent and fewer high level belts, right off the top of my head. But the downsides are very apparent. Fighters sign very one-sided contracts and the revenue split is far too low.

It’s a business and their priority is profit. If someone agrees to fight for 12/12 then that is their decision. Sure the ufc uses strong arm tactics and are assholes, but until they get out into a place where they have leverage to fight back. Then this is fighting. Until eagle fc takes over.
yeah but its not as easy as if you dont like it go somewhere else

The UFC pre much has a monopoly, if you go somewhere else you're not gonna be the best fighter in the world or fight the very best so...

Yes but it took Jake Paul of all people and especailly now when this has been happening for quite some time
No. This has been discussed endlessly. I just mentioned the most recent example. If you don't believe me, look at all of the previous replies to this thread where they mention this has been discussed a lot previously.

No. This has been discussed endlessly. I just mentioned the most recent example. If you don't believe me, look at all of the previous replies to this thread where they mention this has been discussed a lot previously.
Im just replying to that comment where u just said Jake

But yeah I do know there have been people who spoken up about it long before. Maybe it wasnt as big because obviously Jake Paul would have a much big following, plus Jake is good at causing trouble to get people talking

It’s a monopoly. There’s just no viable place for them to go. When you can pit 2 organizations against one another for superstar talent, the athletes are in business. But there is no such scenario in mixed martial arts. Also the lack of a union is absolutely killing the sport.

I wish years ago some of the superstar talent that are now retired did more to help the guys coming up behind them. But they didn’t.

Back