Media Why are we still in the APEX?

Yeah the Apex events are dreadful for the most part, I'm sick and tired of them. Apex was only for Covid Lockdown.. we are long past that now. We need real arenas with real fans, the Apex is so flat, it just kills all the buzz. There is no energy and it just makes every fight look so unimportant.

The whole entire point of sports is its supposed to have fans and have lots of energy and excitement, the Apex just takes all of that away, its just the TUF set

Look at the last event UFC 297, from the very first prelim the fans were so loud, there was so much energy and buzz. When you remove real human beings its just flat and has nothing about it. I'm surprised more people don't complain about Apex, its hurt the UFC cards badly. The fights don't look important!!

There's nothing wrong with the odd Apex card because to meet their obligations they have to serve up steady trash to ESPN and you can't make every arena full with this roster.

But reduce them significantly. And instead of 'Fight Night' at least market them differently as 'UFC: Night of Bums 24' or something so that the product isn't as diluted.

Fans can then distinguish between PPVs, Fight Nights in arenas, and bum fights at the Apex. Then the lack of quality in the latter is no longer as much of an issue.

APEX = UFC’s excuse to put out garbage while collecting that guaranteed ESPN money
This

UFC realized during "Fight Island" BS that they don't actually need to put up Good quality cards. They just have to fulfill the contracted amount of events with ESPN.

Even the PPVs have been so watered down, because that goes to ESPN as well. With the Fox contract, the PPV money still went to Zuffa so they had an obligation to put up big cards that would sell.

I don't like this dude but he's completely correct here. We barely get any fight nights in front of a crowd anymore and what we're served in the apex is utter garbage. I haven't watched a full fight night card in a long time. It has been killing my excitement for the sport.

The answer is actually quite simple, they have too many fighters, most of whom are utter shite and will amount to nothing, they have to have them fight somewhere and no one is going to pay to watch them so an empty arena it is.

the apex isn’t so bad. you want a crowd? no problemo. they can just dub it in post-production. if there’s a ko, they can play a sound sample of the crowd going “oooooohhh!!!” you won’t know the difference. worse comes to worse, they can just play the sound samples live through a loudspeaker.

clearly it makes sense for the ufc from a financial perspective... but I agree with others here, that from a fan's point of view, the roster is just too big and we would better cards if the roster was trimmed and there were less crappy ufc events. you can find more talent and better cards in regional events than the bottom half of most apex cards.

There's nothing wrong with the odd Apex card because to meet their obligations they have to serve up steady trash to ESPN and you can't make every arena full with this roster.

But reduce them significantly. And instead of 'Fight Night' at least market them differently as 'UFC: Night of Bums 24' or something so that the product isn't as diluted.

Fans can then distinguish between PPVs, Fight Nights in arenas, and bum fights at the Apex. Then the lack of quality in the latter is no longer as much of an issue.

Lol so your only complaint is that they aren't labeled night of bums? How about you just don't watch Apex cards?

Lol is this a rhetorical question?

Money. It's cheaper. And it fulfills the UFC's obligation with their ESPN contract.

Hey Dana, why are we still fighting in the Apex???

dana-white-i-dont-give-a-fuck.gif

I dont know.. but i know one thing. I hate the living shit out of the apex.

I don't like this dude but he's completely correct here. We barely get any fight nights in front of a crowd anymore and what we're served in the apex is utter garbage. I haven't watched a full fight night card in a long time. It has been killing my excitement for the sport.

It's cheap, they don't have to rely on any other business for cooperation in scheduling, and it's reliable. Because of this, the apex has become a popular venue for the UFC, enabling them to more easily deliver the mountain of content they've committed to in their contract with major customer ESPN.

It’s very simple from the UFC’s perspective. They’ve found a more cost effective way to fulfill their contractual obligations for a certain number of events. More cost effective in terms of production costs plus the ability to fill cards with cheaper talent due to no need to worry about ticket sales. It also means less access to live events which raises demand meaning they can charge more when they do go on the road. It’s not going anywhere, it’s an easy decision for them.

I think it would be much better if they rebranded these events for what they are, third tier events. There simply is not enough premium talent to fill this amount of cards they are obligated to put on.

I like the Apex my fam but that's cuz mans just loves scrappin' that's just me. Dana should make it a ting 3-4x Apex shows den a big one each month in front of an audience would be mad lit and organized. Maybe have an APEX belt 🥈or sumtin to keep da yute goin while they stack them W's before making it to the PPV leagues. Sprinkle in some fight nights with an audience to keep the complainer-dem at bay

DWCS gets you dat Apex and prelim contract den a few Ws gets you that PPV main card slot 🤑 💰. Kinda like WWE or maybe 6ixdog's belt system but you actually gotta make good content not just shit post in dat octagon str8 Kish style you feel me??

#MakeApexGreatAgain

Pffftt you’re like the type of person who plays a video game for the story. Who gives a flying fuck about having a crowd? I actually prefer no crowd rather than stupid booing every time a takedown occurs

I like the Apex my fam but that's cuz mans just loves scrappin' that's just me. Dana should make it a ting 3-4x Apex shows den a big one each month in front of an audience would be mad lit and organized. Maybe have an APEX belt 🥈or sumtin to keep da yute goin while they stack them W's before making it to the PPV leagues. Sprinkle in some fight nights with an audience to keep the complainer-dem at bay

DWCS gets you dat Apex and prelim contract den a few Ws gets you that PPV main card slot 🤑 💰. Kinda like WWE or maybe 6ixdog's belt system but you actually gotta make good content not just shit post in dat octagon str8 Kish style you feel me??

#MakeApexGreatAgain
Ah, a fellow man of culture from Toronto

It's not rocket appliances bro.

All the good "headliners" and feature fights for the next few months are on the 299 and 300 undercards

Back