Why Conor didn't do his usual bouncy s---?

The threat of the takedown greatly affects fighter's striking. Tony don't care gettin taken down though they need to make that fight.

Conor only took damage in one round
Conor quit like he always does when faced with adversity. Lol where was the lethal left, distance control and accuracy you were touting so often and highly of?

because within a minute he was on his back....just like how he planned...
It was obvious to people actually follow the sport the techniques and the fighters and how they match up. Most McGregor fans only follow his IG account so they know little about the actual sport. Am I right here @D 1 Wrestler?

I thought he looked extremely rusty, slower, and his reaction time was poor, and his game plan was garbage.

Kavanaugh said he was constantly in the gym during his time off. Didn't look like it to me. Looked like he sat on his ass for almost a year and partied too much then did a camp.

I thought he looked extremely rusty, slower, and his reaction time was poor, and his game plan was garbage.

Kavanaugh said he was constantly in the gym during his time off. Didn't look like it to me. Looked like he sat on his ass for almost a year and partied too much then did a camp.
Could be could also be he was so worried about the threat of TDs it completely fucked up his timing and reflexes

Khabib has a SAMBO and Judo background. They are great at timing bouncing.

In virtually all McGregor fights he has that bouncy in and out karate style but with Khabib he was just plodding forward with none of that bouncy stuff, even in the third set where they were striking he was just plodding forward. Where was this shyt?

nZBLV7.gif

UZA6.gif

ImperfectForcefulHoki-size_restricted.gif

He did not look himself. Definitely wasn't 100%. You could've argued it was just how he was approaching the fight, but everything else looked off as well - so that is debunked. When you're making Khabib look like Floyd Mayweather, you know something isn't right.

Conor used the first fight to tire out Khabib. Now in the second one, Conor will break Khabib's will. Saw Kavanaugh say it on Rogan.

Being caught off balance with your center of gravity 3' above the mat is a great way to get taken down.

The. Threat. Of. A. Takedown.
Yeah being narrow footed, tall center mass and disregarding the takedown threat sure makes for a good defense. Get real

Last edited:
Conor took the fight for money to promote his whiskey. His own coach said he didnt train hard enough lol.

A 2 year layoff and $100M will do that to you.

@D 1 Wrestler - remember when you argued with me for an hour that Conor was a superior wrestler to Iaquinta? That he'd mop the floor with Al in a wrestling match due to his A-level athleticism? Al got up from Khabib over 5 times having prepared for a 3 round fight against Felder. Any comments?

It was obvious to people actually follow the sport the techniques and the fighters and how they match up. Most McGregor fans only follow his IG account so they know little about the actual sport. Am I right here @D 1 Wrestler?

Yep, there are different styles of wrestling outside the power double leg NCAA D1, turns out that Dagestan specific style and chain wrestling worked out just fine.

He can't bounce because Khabib took him down and pounded on him.

He was trying to be efficient with his energy. Bouncy shit makes you tired faster.

Last edited:
Bouncy shit aint gonna work on a guy who is elite in takedowns.

Conor took the fight for money to promote his whiskey. His own coach said he didnt train hard enough lol.
Saying this makes you a Conor shill apparently. It was obvious from even before the first bell that the dude sold us a wolf ticket.

Could be could also be he was so worried about the threat of TDs it completely fucked up his timing and reflexes
That was probably part of it but he looked rusty as well.

Back