Why Couldn't Fedor Beat Bader?

People seem to underestimate the decline in physicality that happens as fighters get older. They're simply unable to impose themselves anymore and pull off a gameplan that would have worked for them 10 years prior.

Oh, c'mon. We all know Mihail Aposolosomething was on his way to GOAThood before Fedor beat him! And don't forget fights like this during the middle of Fedor's Pride prime.

Choi - freak show
Lindland - MW and Fedor grabbed the rope
Hunt - green in MMA and in the middle of a 6-loss streak. Sean McCorkle beat him faster and easier than Fedor
Coleman - One dimensional 1990s wrestler who left the UFC on a 3-loss streak and was in his 40s by this point
Zulu - More of a freak show than Choi

View attachment 1031701

Side not trivia

Choi could not get sanctioned to fight in the US due to having a dangerous disability

Reactions: mkt
We should not kid ourselves, Bader in his Prime would still be a nightmare for Prime Fedor. Styles make fights.

Lol stop

Every great fighter who fought Bader in their prime absolutely melted him.

Fedor would have been different?

Doubt.

Fedor was even more chinnier than Bader. Guy had been washed for years, don't know what you were expecting.

Side not trivia

Choi could not get sanctioned to fight in the US due to having a dangerous disability
Too bad health issues related to his enormous size got the best of him. I enjoyed seeing him beat Sapp in kickboxing. He was the only fighter to face prime Sapp and have zero concern for Sapp's size or juiced strength.

Too bad health issues related to his enormous size got the best of him. I enjoyed seeing him beat Sapp in kickboxing. He was the only fighter to face prime Sapp and have zero concern for Sapp's size or juiced strength.
Are you suggesting Sapp was on roids while in Pride??
Preposterous and offensive.

Shame on you sir.

If you watch the first match, yeah he looks kinda old as fuck... he thought Bader was going to shoot and he dropped his hands... watch it again. That's how he got caught. The second fight sort of just proved he was absolutely done and who knows if he would have even had a chance in the first fight because he was getting tagged a lot regardless of the finishing punch.

He should’ve stayed retired after besting Rizzo. Fedor had nothing for Bader either time he fought him.

We’re not really talking about “Fedor” when you’re talking about any fights after 2012 when he retired originally.

I love the guy and thought he should've retired after the Hendo knockout.

Are you suggesting Sapp was on roids while in Pride??
Preposterous and offensive.

Shame on you sir.
Forgive me. For a moment I thought only Sherdoggers could have a 6-pack and weigh 365 while being completely drug-free.

Forgive me. For a moment I thought only Sherdoggers could have a 6-pack and weigh 365 while being completely drug-free.
One last trvia/anecdote -

I heard Victor Conte talking about the Balco clear steroid somewhere.

He said most athletes would take a dropper size away with them, as it only required a drop under the tongue.

He said Sapp took and entire gallon home.

Not in the second fight where Fedor didn't even belong in the arena. The first fight. Apparently according to everyone here, Bader folds and wilts against power punchers. Why wasn't Fedor able to put something together against him if that's the case?

Fedor is old and doesn’t take PEDs

you actually dont know how a disadvantage it is

the ones that cant afford the best peds gets a disadvantage
imagine your a broke pro wrestler fighting fedor
who has the support of his country

you think thats fair?
btw thanks for acknowledging that he was literally weakend
by drug testing in strikeforce

Fedor was never on PEDs no proof whatsoever. Everyone he lost to popped for roids Hendo, Bigfoot and Werdum. This is all documented.

Because Fedor wasn’t able to get off and land. Bader pressured him and kept a jab in his face. Bader actually was moving around and wasn’t a stationary flat target. Fedor relies on HW’s he can beat to the punch in the pocket and it’s been pretty much swing or die for him (Rogers, Hendo, Mitrione, Johnson etc).

Bader is the extreme example of not just having a 50/50 exchange. Mitrione did it and beat Fedor to the punch, Johnson did it and ate the punch. Hendo is another great example, So is Rogers. Bader didn’t just walk into an early exchange to trade power or just stand in the pocket. He had some IQ going into the fight. You would think Fedor is the perfect matchup for chinny Bader but he isn’t.

Guys who can close distance and catch him with power usually get him. Fedor has fast hands but not fast feet he’s usually planting and punching. He looks much faster against big HW’s and he looks slower against guys his own size (like Frankie Edgars illusion of speed decreases when guys are similar size). Hes not like Rumble where he can explode in while Bader is exiting off a jab. Hes not 6’8 with a 86 inch reach.

Fedor obviously aged out pretty young and his chin definitely is sus now.

Fedor was never on PEDs no proof whatsoever. Everyone he lost to popped for roids Hendo, Bigfoot and Werdum. This is all documented.
So in an organization with setups and steroids were distributed by the promotion, the only clean fighters was one of the more successful ?

So in an organization with setups and steroids were distributed by the promotion, the only clean fighters was one of the more successful ?

So you’re just assuming because he was the best? Just because your the best doesn’t mean your automatically on PEDs lmao. Why did Fedor never pop but everyone he lost to did? Cmon now make some sense.

He was old.

Prime Fedor would steamroll any version of Bader.

Back