Why did Anderson never fight legit competitors at LHW??

You are the casual, you do know that Griffin admittedly was , in his own words I quote

“xanaxed our of my mind that night, they should have never let me fight”

dude was in slo-mo and not himself..
But the question wasn't, "Did Silva beat top LHWs?" It was "Why didn't Silva fight top LHW's?" as if it was a question of his attempts, not accolades. Sure, Griffin shat the bed harder than a quadriplegic's first day in prison, but he was still one of the top guys to be booked against. What do you want Silva to do at that point, throw the fight? Tap out on the mat like that one amateur dude who didn't want to hurt his opponent?

*edit* I'm sure there were plenty of people saying Silva was the goat and that he'd beat Forrest, but I'd be incredibly surprised if you can point to any one person who said, before the fight happened, that it was a complete joke of a fight because of how obvious Silva was gonna railroad him, cuz Griffin wasn't a legit LHW.

Look at you avatar he's telling you to shut up.

Griffin was sub par? Dude was 1 fight removed from being the champ.

But, the reason he wasn't regularly fighting top LHWs is a pretty simple explanation: he was the MW champ.

In before the rioters screaming a xanaxed Griffin who was finished in his previous fight, was legit competition.
Edit: nvm, too late

Forrest was the LHW champ going into in his previous fight.

His previous two fights were wins against prime Shogun and Rampage.

Anderson was a MW. It is like asking, why isn't Khabib Nurmagomedov fighting WWs? Because he fights at LW. Really simple.

Anderson Silva has a 16-0 winning streak in the UFC, with over 85% finishing rate. Anybody who questions his legacy is just a "flat Earther" type conspiracy bullshitist.
You should give us flat earthers more credit.

Except the Cormier fight when Anderson got completely shut the fuck out off, why did Anderson only fight sub par and below fighters at LHW??

Did Anderson know he would always get smeshed by top competition?

I think Anderson always knew.

Why didnt light-heavyweights move down to Middleweight to fight the best fighter in UFC history at the time?

I think we both know the obvious.

Forrest was the LHW champ going into in his previous fight.

His previous two fights were wins against prime Shogun and Rampage.
prime shogun after knee surgeries,

sure.

we saw what healthy shogun could do to forrest..

Why didnt light-heavyweights move down to Middleweight to fight the best fighter in UFC history at the time?

alot of them were already draining themselves to the max cutting to lhw to avoid heavyweight.

they couldnt healthily cut any more weight and be sanctioned to fight.

but i do like how anderson only faced irvin, forrest and bonnar. 3 stellar and amazing lhws...

he cherry picked them badly, its obvious.

I think it’s the only time I’ve ever seen him post outside of the berry or OT so there is that too??
this maybe the first time ive ventured out of my comfort zone.

But the question wasn't, "Did Silva beat top LHWs?" It was "Why didn't Silva fight top LHW's?" as if it was a question of his attempts, not accolades. Sure, Griffin shat the bed harder than a quadriplegic's first day in prison, but he was still one of the top guys to be booked against. What do you want Silva to do at that point, throw the fight? Tap out on the mat like that one amateur dude who didn't want to hurt his opponent?

*edit* I'm sure there were plenty of people saying Silva was the goat and that he'd beat Forrest, but I'd be incredibly surprised if you can point to any one person who said, before the fight happened, that it was a complete joke of a fight because of how obvious Silva was gonna railroad him, cuz Griffin wasn't a legit LHW.
Oh I’m not saying it wasn’t a legit booking at the time, I actually was wondering if forrests size and toughness would be too much for Anderson.

but Forrest showed up wasted on drugs, and not in fighting prime or correct mentality , so the win to me holds little water.

I mean it might as well been a drunk fan from the crowd in all honesty

Don't disrespect Forrest and DC. They were both Champions at one time.

The answer IS quite obvious.

20100320050418_img_9166_medium.jpg

Irvin DID move down to MW so he could try and get some wins and a rematch against Anderson for the belt to avenge his loss.

it didn’t exactly work out to well did it.

The Ghost of Skeletor invaded his body..

What UFC MW Champ has moved up and done better at LHW than Silva?

Weidman, Rockhold, Franklin, etc. had way worse results at LHW.

The answer IS quite obvious.

20100320050418_img_9166_medium.jpg

Irvin DID move down to MW so he could try and get some wins and a rematch against Anderson for the belt to avenge his loss.

it didn’t exactly work out to well did it.

The Ghost of Skeletor invaded his body..

i had forgotten about this, my comment was in response to the OP who seems incredulous that Silva should move up as if he needed to as a formality to prove his legendary career.

Anderson was a MW. It is like asking, why isn't Khabib Nurmagomedov fighting WWs? Because he fights at LW. Really simple.

Anderson Silva has a 16-0 winning streak in the UFC, with over 85% finishing rate. Anybody who questions his legacy is just a "flat Earther" type conspiracy bullshitist.

Bullshitist is my new favorite word. Thank you.

Back