why did kevin lee keep going after he tapped?

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
AnnualRectangularDassierat-size_restricted.gif

Perspective#1
(positive side. he didnt know what he was doing)
1) he went out after he tapped for a milisecond and forgot that he tapped
did not look like he went out at all in my opinion.

Perspective#2 (negative side. he did know what he was doing)
2) kevin knew what he was doing and was trying to pull a fast one and pull off a dirty tactic to get out of a sticky situation.
in my opinion, the tap was way to blatant and obvious for it to be a brazillian tap cheating tactic.

Perspective#3 (the middle. he did not AND did know what he was doing)
3) his ego prevented him from believing he tapped, thus continued to fight.
he wanted to tap. but he also didnt want to tap.
he is two people.
when he tapped he was one person.
after the tap he was back to his old self.
his ego prevents him from accepting that he lost.

Which perspective do you have?

Last edited:
Tapping was part of his gameplan, he was playing possum to bait Oliviera but the ref fell for it too!

He blacked out for a second and then literally didn't remember it happening, similar to what happened with Askren/Lawler except more blatant. People don't seem to understand that you can go from conscious to unconscious in a second when the blood doesn't get to your brain, and then back to normal a second later when the choke is released and blood gets where it needs to go.

Rogan should not say anything trying justify that. I don't really need more evidence, i already know that rogan is an idiot.

I think it was obvious he went out right as he was tapping....

I don't know why Michael was giving him a hard time thinking he was faking it.... out of most, you would think he would know that.

Image trying to defend an absolutely POS move.

He studied Chael Sonnen before the fight.

Would Rogan give everyone the benefit of the doubt? He was one of those who has hyped Lee since day one. Even as he was getting KO'd by a grappler.

Maybe he was a bit out of it and didn't realize he tapped, but it didn't look like it to me. Maybe he didn't realize it was so visible.

Had his fingers crossed when he tapped.

Just like me when I said I do.

I don't think he passed out (maybe he did), but he got to the point where his brain was dreaming.

Shale Sonnen told him tapping was the end of the round not fight

he tapped but immediately kept going so maybe the ref gives him another shot,scum move but this fight determined his career can understand

Joe Rogans explanation:
1) he went out after he tapped for a milisecond and forgot that he tapped

A different perspective:
2) his ego prevented him from believing he tapped, thus continued to fight.
he wanted to tap. but he also didnt want to tap.
he is two people.
when he tapped he was one person.
after the tap it was another person.
He went out for a part of a second. When he came round he may well have not remembered that he tapped.

Looked like the good old "did i tapped?" blackout to me, he taps and there is still a few seconds until Oliveira releases the choke, quit hating on the guy smh.

Maybe this is just a media ploy by Kevin Lee. Everyone will talk about him and remember him doing this. Might as well get the meme if he’s going to lose anyway.

Back