Why do fans s*** on Khabibs striking?

Khabib as an unorthodox technique of stricking which makes it difficult to for his opponents to anticipate his strikes. That, with the fact that he is the world’s best and most dominant MMA grappler, is the reason he dominates others fighters on the feet.

Wrestlers win striking exchanges vs superior strikers because the strikers are always terrified of the take-down threat. Like Bisbing vs Henderson or McGregor vs Khabib.

Doesn't mean that that wrestler is a particularly good striker.

Uh, his striking does suck. It's just that his cardio, speed, and wrestling are too good and make up for the holes in his striking. Also most can't expose those holes because they are so afraid of being wrestlefucked by him too.

Khabibs striking is effective because of the takedowns
You have to be ready for everything, this is mma. Even variables in striking are a factor, this guy kicked my legs out thats why his boxing looked better.. whatever but effective counts the most. And Khabib in his skillset is toying with high-level strikers wherever the fight goes.

People are used to seeing western boxing so when they see russian boxing which what Khabib displayed against Al & Conor they just don't understand it.

Khabib is a sambo fighter. They are not boxers, they are like Fedor-kind of effectiv scrap street fight with accurate strikes He provd it in Tibau, Pat Healey and Barboza fight

I know Khabib is now training boxing but his sambo is great. Its effective and overwhels the opponents. He is not a striker like Max, Dustin or Conor who look for finish. He gets enough points by it, stuns the opponent to further set the stage for TD/Grapple

KHABIB is potential GOAT, if he beats Tony, I say he is GOAT in LW.

Khabibs striking is effective because of the takedowns
Exactly, in a pure striking match it could be different. Without the threat of the takedown, some of them might have gone for things they didn’t do against Khabib. Not saying the outcome would have been different, but it could have.

Threat of a takdown! His striking isnt shit but its not great either, although he does have quick hands. Conor and Al have better hands for sure but like I said the threat of a takedown is always there and can freeze opponents
Then welcome to a thing called MMA

Same can be said about Cain, Bones etc. How many times they pinnd their opponent and then unleashed elbows/strikes

ppl forget that Jon Bones the GOAT was a wrestler

His striking doesn't look pretty and Rogan swayed a lot of people into thinking Khabib's striking and more specifically his striking defense is bad/amateur. Khabib's striking defense is also unorthodox and he blocks punches with his arms and shoulders a lot and uses footwork to stay at the end of people's range or to pressure people.

That's mostly because of the fear of the takedown.

I don't think anyone really hates on his striking. It's medicore though.

His MMA striking is not mediocre. I don't think anyone thinks he would do well striking in kickboxing or boxing but in MMA he hits guys more often than he gets hit for the most part standing and rarely gets hit hard on the feet.

because he doesn't have the traditional cardboard cut-out boxing or kickboxing style that westerners like. They don't understand what they're watching.

His striking doesn't look pretty and Rogan swayed a lot of people into thinking Khabib's striking and more specifically his striking defense is bad/amateur. Khabib's striking defense is also unorthodox and he blocks punches with his arms and shoulders a lot and uses footwork to stay at the end of people's range or to pressure people.

Exactly. People don't understand what they're seeing. They perceive khabib's different style as "bad"

Then welcome to a thing called MMA

Same can be said about Cain, Bones etc. How many times they pinnd their opponent and then unleashed elbows/strikes

ppl forget that Jon Bones the GOAT was a wrestler
Well duhhh I didnt question the sport, I simply stated why inferior strikers can outstrike the superior strikers, because...ya know, some people might not understand :rolleyes:

Like I said, that's mostly because his opponents are terrified of the takedown. That makes them not as focused on their striking and defending strikes effectively.

I don't get you're point though, he's an MMA fighter and the threat of takedown will always be there to help his striking.

Exactly. People don't understand what they're seeing. They perceive khabib's different style as "bad"

It reminds me of when people used to say Fedor was sloppy pre Affliction fights. It's like they can't see that he parries strikes with his arms and just see flailing. It seems to be a Sambo thing to block punches this way.

It reminds me of when people used to say Fedor was sloppy pre Affliction fights. It's like they can't see that he parries strikes with his arms and just see flailing. It seems to be a Sambo thing to block punches this way.

That ugly ass lead uppercut that Khabib use to land on people is pretty common in sambo too. People just dismiss everything that doesn't align with their preconceptions of what "good striking" should be.

Do you even watch fights?

His striking is medicore. Not bad but not really great either.

What fight are you talking about? Cause if you're saying Khabib's striking looked mediocre against Al then i'm just going to ignore you since you seem to be trolling.

Not going to argue with someone who has his favorite fighter as an avatar and has probably only watched Khabib's last 2 fights.

Ok, look at my post history, been following Khabib since he was a prospect. But go on continuing to troll and act like people who don't agree with you must be biased. Khabib badly out struck Al, you can't take away the threat of the takedown in an MMA fight, it will always be there and it will always have an effect on the striking in MMA fights.

Back