Opinion Why do other workers support the corporate mentality?

I am not talking about the employer. Can you please read my post?

I read your whine fest... you first asked why people bitch about other people. Because they're lame unhappy people? As for why the long hours.... because its rewarded by the employer. Get it now?

My favorite, are the one's who say I was raised with a good work ethic, so that explains their cuckery.

Did your parents also raise a shitty capitalist?

I may not be the biggest fan of vulture capitalism, but I certainly understand how it works. Capitalism is about leverage, and workers who bend over and present themselves for pegging, willingly give up their leverage for no compensation.

They are shitty capitalists. As in they aren't good at it That is the problem with most kiss ass workers.

I agree, which is why ts sounds like a whiner to me. Anybody working ridiculous hours for low pay and not actively looking for a better job are just being bofod and taking it

I agree, which is why ts sounds like a whiner to me. Anybody working ridiculous hours for low pay and not actively looking for a better job are just being bofod and taking it

That is fine on a micro level.

On the macro level employers don't give a shit about your leverage, because you are throw away garbage to them. As am I.

I read your whine fest... you first asked why people bitch about other people. Because they're lame unhappy people? As for why the long hours.... because its rewarded by the employer. Get it now?

My question centres around the cruelness and apathy seen in the modern corporate world and why people act the way they do. "Lame, unhappy people" doesn't explain to me the pysche of these people - why they do what they do. This is important as I think (a) reaching an understanding on my end can help me sympathise with and connect with them and (b) see if there is anything I can personally do to ease the tension.

The paragraph about long hours is meant to highlight the problem of the constant monitoring and competitiveness in the workplace (and which is why I'm saying you were missing the point).

As a side note, can you please explain why you are talking to me the way you do? AFAIK I haven't personally attacked you so why do you seem so defensive?

I moved into the corporate world recently and have had the exact same experience. I go there to get my job done and go home to my hobbies, friends, family, etc. They go there to pretend that the job is their passion, gossip about others, sabotage others' careers, make fake friends, avoid their families, and work all day so that they can tell others that they worked all day, even if they didn't accomplish anything.

In a way, I think the corporate world is ideal for people who lack ambition and, as Viva said, like to be dominated. You can make sooo much more money doing private consulting or starting one's own business, but that's hard. The corporate world gives you a clear path to success and asks only that you play their dumb corporate game to succeed. Autonomy and critical thinking are scary for a lot of people.

Luckily, my boss has rhe same attitude I do, so he genuinely only cares that I get my work done. Still, the environment is unbearable. I'm with you, TS.

Then you dont actually have leverage do you? Who's fault is that?

No offense, dude, but your posts in this thread don't really make any sense. You don't seem to have any experience with the types of jobs TS is talking about. You thought he was getting paid hourly, lol.

He's an investment banker, dude.

I never said to not work hard or that we don't need corporations? My core message is to be kinder to yourself and to others.

...again, not the point.

Your post reeks of the entitled millennial mentality.

We literally have it the easiest anyone in human history has. Man the fuck up.

I moved into the corporate world recently and have had the exact same experience. I go there to get my job done and go home to my hobbies, friends, family, etc. They go there to pretend that the job is their passion, gossip about others, sabotage others' careers, make fake friends, avoid their families, and work all day so that they can tell others that they worked all day, even if they didn't accomplish anything.

In a way, I think the corporate world is ideal for people who lack ambition and, as Viva said, like to be dominated. You can make sooo much more money doing private consulting or starting one's own business, but that's hard. The corporate world gives you a clear path to success and asks only that you play their dumb corporate game to succeed. Autonomy and critical thinking are scary for a lot of people.

Luckily, my boss has rhe same attitude I do, so he genuinely only cares that I get my work done. Still, the environment is unbearable. I'm with you, TS.

Yeah, so I'd like to talk to you about your TPS reports.

Trade and Immigration policy that destroyed labor's leverage over decades as our elites bought and corrupted our government and both political parties.

I dont disagree, but leverage isnt extinct. If you have something people want (applied skill, resource, knowledge) then you are valuable. If you are valuable you have leverage

I dont disagree, but leverage isnt extinct. If you have something people want (applied skill, resource, knowledge) then you are valuable. If you are valuable you have leverage

That isn't true if your employer has decided to cut costs at the expense of expertise, which is corporate America's playbook today.

I mean, most people in this country used to have 1 or 2 jobs their entire adult life. They were subject matter expert in their field. They got paid for that.

It is clear to me that corporate America as a rule, would rather have know-nothings who make half what a competent and educated person would.

They will mitigate that opportunity loss, when they cross that bridge. AKA their job is to cut costs, not control quality.

That is how hierarchies work. The longer and better you work, the more you're worth. That gives people satisfaction. People who leave early are a bunch of lazy bums.

Your post reeks of the entitled millennial mentality.

We literally have it the easiest anyone in human history has. Man the fuck up.

Can you please explain to me why you feel the need to put me down?

Even if I have an entitled millennial mentality (whatever that is) and even if we have it easier than any other generation in human history...why should we as a group not strive for further improvement/understanding?

No offense, dude, but your posts in this thread don't really make any sense. You don't seem to have any experience with the types of jobs TS is talking about. You thought he was getting paid hourly, lol.

He's an investment banker, dude.

When did I say I thought he was paid hourly? I quoted a specific part of his post for a reason. I addressed hourly and commission.

Salary is a negotiated position for most in would assume. If you fail to get your worth thats on nobody but yourself.

I'm just tired of people complaining about what they think they're worth. When there are 300 people that can replace you, you arent that valuable.

That isn't true if your employer has decided to cut costs at the expense of expertise, which is corporate America's playbook today.

I mean, most people in this country used to have 1 or 2 jobs their entire adult life. They were subject matter expert in their field. They got paid for that.

It is clear to me that corporate America as a rule, would rather have know-nothings who make half what a competent and educated person would.

They will mitigate that opportunity loss, when they cross that bridge. AKA their job is to cut costs, not control quality.

Well that's bad ultimately for the quality of the product no?

What stops somebody with that skill from starting their own business and creating their own value?

When did I say I thought he was paid hourly? I quoted a specific part of his post for a reason. I addressed hourly and commission.

Salary is a negotiated position for most in would assume. If you fail to get your worth thats on nobody but yourself.

I'm just tired of people complaining about what they think they're worth. When there are 300 people that can replace you, you arent that valuable.

Why would you talk about hourly wages in a thread made by an investment banker??

And I don't think you're getting it. He's not just saying he isn't getting paid his worth, he's saying that none of them are getting paid enough to be slaves, yet some people do that. I know people making 80k that are regularly working 12 to 15 hour days. They may not complain about their pay, but I think they're fucking lunatics to be doing that.

TS isn't complaining about the details, he's complaining about the mentality.

Well that's bad ultimately for the quality of the product no?

What stops somebody with that skill from starting their own business and creating their own value?

Capital.

Corporate America's fuex monopolies mean you need millions perhaps billions to compete.

You can go open a artisen business, like a restaurant, but good luck with that as every other entrepreneur is doing the same thing, because it is one of like 3 business's where a middle class person could get a bank loan to start a business and actually succeed.

Construction, restaurants, and......idk, what coffee stands? Mechanic shops?

Shit I can't even name a 3rd business that small entrepreneur's can actually succeed in.

That is how hierarchies work. The longer and better you work, the more you're worth. That gives people satisfaction. People who leave early are a bunch of lazy bums.

Ha!

Are you 12?

I promise you getting invited to the right BBQ, matters way more then your work.

I have a hard time believing you were caught totally unaware by the culture surrounding investment banking. Did you not intern at all? I work construction and it’s a god damn fight for everything with everyone.

Back