Why do people dislike Subway so much? (Now with 2024 Update!)

1. Questionable food addictive in their bread
2. Not washing their vegetables leaving traces of pesticides
3. Processed meat, especially the chicken
4. Watered down canned avocado instead of fresh one
5. Overpriced

For 8 to 9 bucks per sub in Canada, I can buy ingredients to make two sandwiches on my own that blows Subway out of the water.

I've watched sandwich artists (lol) cut open an avocado in front of me to use on my shit, am I missing something here?

I like their new flatizzas
that mozzarella mmm

I can't eat at subway without feeling like I got suckered into doing their job for them, might as well let me make my own goddamned sandwich if I have to handhold them through the entire process each time.

If I'm going out to eat, I want something better than I can make at home. No reason to spend $5+ for a shitty sandwich.

banh mi is one of the p4p best value meal you can buy

I've watched sandwich artists (lol) cut open an avocado in front of me to use on my shit, am I missing something here?

Yeah, they have been using fresh avocado for a while now. I do remember when they didn't though.

This thread has given me a huge Jersey Mike's craving. I haven't had one of those in years. Fuck. :(

To all the people forwarding the "yoga mat chemical" woo:

Gasp! Certain things we eat actually have uses in other places!

Congrats, you are getting your dietary advice from someone who believes that microwaves cause water to become evil (similar to saying the word "Satan" near water).

i was pretty disappointed when the daily show/colbert report aired the coverage about the yoga mat stuff. It's weird how there is such a clear distinction between people who understand basic science and people who don't.

banh mi is one of the p4p best value meal you can buy

not where im from now, but when i was living in ATL u could get a banh mi for like 2$.

Quality french bread, pickled carrots/daikon, fresh herbs and pate. who the hell would go to subway.

Not bad, reasonable price and much better than the other fast food chains. Subway gets a thumbs up, but I prefer Quiznos

Not a fan. I can't stand the smell. There is one in a gas station/convenience store that I stop at and I try to avoid going into the building.

Sub is cheap and taste cheap. I kind understand you are cheap college student, but there is no reason if you are looking for a good sandwhich to pay a few extra bucks.

To the Banh Mi guys, I live in the Bay Area in my opinion its all about the bread meat quality then toppings but usually they all taste the same. YOu are getting mint and cilantro. The taste is different (obviously) compared to other sandwiches, but I feel the Hoagey(NO CORRELATION OT MY MINES) is till the ultimate sandwich I feel like it is is sand which for people who want to act different (don't want to say hipsters) and asian pride fucks.

I like Subway, it's decent food, filling and relatively healthy.

It's a bit expensive here compared to things you can get at a similar price but it's nice every now and then.

I really think it depends on the specific location. At my last job the closest Subway shop there just wasn't that good or what I was ordinarily used to.

I don't have as much of a choice in what I eat for lunch with such a remote location now. Luckily the independent Subway here has been better than the last one.

Back