Why do people get mad at the dominant Grappler in a boring decision?

I think if they want to ensure the mainstream casuals tune in more often/in bigger numbers then they would get stricter with the "inactivity" rule when it comes to grappling.

Both against the fence and on the ground.

Maybe a 8-10 second rule in which if you're not throwing punches/elbows or attempting submissions then the ref has the right to stand up both fighters.

In fights like this I always see people rage at the guy laying on their opponent. Ya'll should redirect your rage at the guy whose skillset is so shit you could replace him with a random bouncer from a nightclub.

<JagsKiddingMe>

If you’re the dominant grappler/fighter then you’re dictating how the fight goes, your opponent is just on the receiving end trying to stay in the fight

Because it's boring as fuck to watch, and grappling in itself without a sub or ground and pound is not fighting. It's like someone on the feet who just point fights and coasts to a decision except worse

It's a fight not a grappling contest... if your laying on top with 0 damage........ the fight is that 0

Because it's boring as fuck to watch, and grappling in itself without a sub or ground and pound is not fighting. It's like someone on the feet who just point fights and coasts to a decision except worse
this ^ its a grapplers way to not Engaging just like running on our feet... in the stand up well said

People like to see fighting in fight. Weird idea right?
Dominant grappling is winning a sporting event not a fight.

beacuse this isn't a bjj match up, this isnt grappling, and whole minutes were wasted where no punches were thrown, where no armbars were went for, where the ref repeteadedly warned them, where fuck all happened.
I've said for years there should be a takedown clock like 90s or so if you're not on a sub or raining fight ending gnp by then it's automatic stand up reset. Then at least the super grapplers need 2-3 td per round to lay and pray or body triangling.

Last edited:
In fights like this I always see people rage at the guy laying on their opponent. Ya'll should redirect your rage at the guy whose skillset is so shit you could replace him with a random bouncer from a nightclub.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Because the grappler is the attacking fighter... He brought the fight to the dominant position and now is just doing nothing...it would be the same as a striker only holding in the thai clinch or litterally throwing nothing while running a la Kalib Starnes ...

They catch it too not just grapplers..

If your in mount for almost 15 mins plus and you didnt get the finish thats fucking sad LOL

I've said for years there should be a takedown clock like 90s or so if you're not on a sub or raining fight ending gnp by then it's automatic stand up reset. Then at least the super grapplers need 2-3 td per round to lay and pray or body triangling.
agreed, needs way clearer understanding of ground control time to prevent bullshit

Back