Why do people hate Weidman SO much

Complains and makes excuses after every loss, and the whole fiasco during the moose fight was the cherry on top for people who don't like him.

<This7>
1. He's a straight white male who has the unmitigated gall not to be ashamed of it.

2. He represents everything America used to be and that the far left has worked tirelessly for the past 50 years to destroy forever.

3. He actually cares about his family, which these days is considered incredibly lame.

4. He beat AS not once but twice, which apparently is considered a heinous crime by most MMA fans for some reason.

5. People genuinely think because he checked a leg kick that somehow means the second AS win was the biggest fluke ever.

And there you go.

Dunno exactly. Probably different hate bait for a variety of haters. He was a golden boy who walked up to the champ and took his belt. That didn't help.

I honestly don't get it. I'm not even a Weidman fan. I'm just like whatever about him, but people act like he's some huge asshole when he's just kind of around and he doesn't say or do much. Are they really still mad he beat Anderson?
100% Silva's delusional fanboys that will never get over Weidman sleeping their invincible hero.

You can't reason with delusional people.

Couture has actually a personality
f2be44c9ddb189ee568cfc626a368eb2.gif

I don't get it either.

Right after Weidman dominates Kelvin people were posting threads like "Weidman looked awful tonight" and shit like that.

Kelvin literally only won 12 seconds of that fight and got manhandled the rest, a near perfect fight by Weidman. I've never been a huge fan of his but I don't understand all the hate towards him.

Last edited:
I honestly don't get it. I'm not even a Weidman fan. I'm just like whatever about him, but people act like he's some huge asshole when he's just kind of around and he doesn't say or do much. Are they really still mad he beat Anderson?

All I can tell you is what made me turn on him. Now, I don't hate him. His skill set is pretty impressive, and he tends to be in fun fights. I just find him kind of annoying. First, wearing the American flag to the cage seems a bit pretentious, and it seems aimed at getting a "cheap pop." Next, his handling of the Mousasi fight ("Those knees were illegal? I can't continue! I'm too hurt! Oh, wait, what?! They were legal?! I'm fine! Why is the ref stopping the fight?! This is unfair!") showed some underhanded and/or dishonest tactics. So, I guess, for me, its wrapping himself in the flag, and then acting like that.

I don't dislike him. I just think he's a bit overrated. As Luke pointed out before they fought, he's more of a product of beating old Brazilian fighters past their prime. He beat a cocky Anderson Silva twice when he was considered unstoppable.

FYI, this is what winning like a douche looks like:
d3ac64fe4e365b9e72d7150ce4b66c5b.gif

The Chris doing a little salsa ain't hurting anybody.

As Luke pointed out before they fought, he's more of a product of beating old Brazilian fighters past their prime. He beat a cocky Anderson Silva twice when he was considered unstoppable.
Rockhold might want to check his own record sometime.

Luke's record since he got out of Strikeforce Challengers:
Jacare - 5 years older
Jardine - 9 years older
Kennedy - 5 years older
Vitor - 8 years older
Philippou - 5 years older
Boetsch - 4 years older
Bisping - 6 years older
Machida - 7 years older
Weidman - 1 year older
Bisping - 6 years older

Where exactly are these young studs that Luke has been fighting? Rockhold has literally been fighting the exact same fighters.

Back