Why do people keep saying Max doesn't look right again?

Something seems off about him, something about the way he delivers the message, he seems tired maybe. Maybe not as much as last time, but he kept repeating the line "10th island" over and over again like he had nothing else to say. It's good line the first couple of times, but it gets old.
Because he has Zoolander syndrome.

He can only look left.
Sounded f’ed up during that Canada interview but seemed fine today during the presser
Go youtube Hawaiian Pidgin. Then you figure out why he talks like that

Lets just see him make weight, not collapse, be rushed to the hospital, etc.

Oretega looks like welterweight ffs

He may be fine.
He does seem a little bit quirky, which is partly his personality and partly confirmation bias because he had 2 fights cancelled and health issues.

Ortega seemed genuinely concerned for Max. Like basically saying he won't fight if there is a question Max isn't 100%.

His fucking face is drooping on one side

Im seeing people responding like "max looks off" or he sounds odd again yet after watching the pre fight presser he looks and sounds great..... Sounds like he is full of energy....I feel like people just havent seen or heard max talk before because he for sure looks and sounds a bit different, same thing with diaz bro's but its all normal.

Here is the presser, max gets asked the first question at 13:30 and he sounds great and not sleepy or anything else.

do a shot every time max holloway says "tenth island", or "it is what it is"

He looked great carving up that ski hill in that snow onesie

If people are watchful for signs that there is a problem, chances are they'll "find" them even if they aren't there.

One person will say it and then another read it and repeat it without even seeing him, that is the way gossip works. I don't pay any attention to any rumor especially on this website.
Especially on this website

His appearance and speech will be hyper-analyzed from now on

the problem is, lots of people analyze fighters, and all they really see is what they WANT to see.

remember when Khabib was shook to the bone because he stuttered, it wasn't because English isn't his first language IT WAS BECAUSE HE WAS SHOOK, I'M A PSYCHOLOGIST I KNOW, type of shit.

His face looks swollen in the promo video ...

I pretty much feel the same way. It's being WAY overblown and overstated. He looked bad before he got pulled before, perhaps a bad weight cut, but this time he seems similar to how he's always been. He's always been a little odd, and not exactly the most articulate guy.

Max always looked like a character from Star Trek.

do a shot every time max holloway says "tenth island", or "it is what it is"
id have alcohol poisoning if i did that and probably would die, but thats Max being Max, hes just goofy with a bit of odd ball in him, he loves where he is from, and he loves to share it all around, just a positive guy that some times can come of as odd or strange kinda like diaz brothers just in a different way.

He answers the first question at 13:30

He was asked the first question at 3:30

Not really.

Seems like the normal max to me. He has always been a little off. Got my fingers crossed that both make weight and max doesn't have issues like he did when he was going to step in and fight khabib. He only had to cut to 155 then, so ten more pounds is a lot. I'm sure his weight was already down some from camp and knowing when tbe fight is. It's the only thing that could go wrong at this point short of a Tony cable knee tear. I have a gut feeling Ortega is going to win so I'm sticking with him.

People were worried because in the other video he sounds terrible, in this video he sounds better but at that point we only had the other video to go on, people actually worry about his welfare considering only the previous fight he pulled due to an unknown illness...

id have alcohol poisoning if i did that and probably would die, but thats Max being Max, hes just goofy with a bit of odd ball in him, he loves where he is from, and he loves to share it all around, just a positive guy that some times can come of as odd or strange kinda like diaz brothers just in a different way.
"odd" describes the entire ufc roster. diaz brothers. dillashaw, cody, holloway, ferguson, mcgregor, usman, list goes on. it'd odd wanting to get punched in the face for a living. that's why i love em. im an odd guy myself``

I think it's more his speech than anything else and who knows, it could be prescription drugs (he's had some mental problems recently) that are approved by usada/UFC or may be it is physical where I hope proper parties would step in again if the case. This is one of the most anticipated fights and the betting line is almost a pk'em so hopefully max good to go.

Back