Why do people think Dana is mad about this?

With or without RR or Conor or Anderson the UFC will continue to roll on. In time everyone is replaceable.

Rousey loses again she's off the the WWE no more money for Uncle Dana.

He's sank serious $$$ marketing Rousey to a large casual fanbase helped by her crossover from MMA into movies and pop culture. All of it revolves around her being an invincible and dominant champ.

Now his only chance is to set up the rematch (where he will no doubt sacrifices a few goats to the voodoo god Bondye to ensure a Rousey victory) and then market Rousey as the returning champ who was humbled but is now even better than before.

He's not too worried yet, everybody loves a comeback story - if Rousey loses again though I'll worry for his well being.

The UFC will make huge money from the rematch. It will keep Ronda from retiring and open up a lot of possible fights in the division.

BRkm0vw_700wa_0.gif

This.,

When you publicly make an ass out of yourself, you get mad.:icon_chee

Dana already has money, he's not going anywhere, but it can't solve everything. I really like that sad look on his face, I'm picturing him growing as a person, lol.

Also because if you've watched footage of him since the fight, he's quite clearly upset.

Whatever people say about Ronda as a fighter, you can't take away that she has that "it" factor that captured the attention and curiosity of the general public.

Holm is a multi sport champion, and I don't think she could sell out a stadium. That isn't a knock against Holm, but it is just one of the those sad situations where the public doesn't appreciate an elite talent (like Mighty Mouse).

WMMA was built on the shoulders of Rousey, and the UFC better hope that they build up some new female stars if they want the division(s) to have a future.

Dana is pretty much always making money so I don't think he's mad about that but he's close with Ronda so I'm sure watching her get dismantled and starched made him pretty sick.

Yeah Dana loves this, his ideal scenario? Rousey comes back and dominates her in the rematch that will easily sell way over a million buys.

Than boom she's back to being a huge star that overcame her biggest challenge. If she loses twice in a row? That may hurt cause Holm vs anyone else don't sell for shit.

Awarded ESPN fighter of the year and got KTFO same year, plus all the money hype that the UFC put in here. That's ok though because Holm is very marketable, as for the rematch, you shouldn't get a rematch after being dominated like that.

He's sank serious $$$ marketing Rousey to a large casual fanbase helped by her crossover from MMA into movies and pop culture. All of it revolves around her being an invincible and dominant champ.

Now his only chance is to set up the rematch (where he will no doubt sacrifices a few goats to the voodoo god Bondye to ensure a Rousey victory) and then market Rousey as the returning champ who was humbled but is now even better than before.

He's not too worried yet, everybody loves a comeback story - if Rousey loses again though I'll worry for his well being.

He would make the same with Holly Holm. And win tons of money meanwhile sherdogger believe Dana is upset. lol

He is too busy to be upset. There are at least 6 UFC events in the next 36 days.

The UFC will make huge money from the rematch. It will keep Ronda from retiring and open up a lot of possible fights in the division.

So you REALLY think that Dana is ok with having his cash cow, who's aura was invincibility LOSE DRAMATICALLY?????

The rematch potential is like /meh... She got destroyed.

There's no way to spin this as a positive financially for the UFC intermediate term.

You're also assuming there will be a rematch. Dana is not mad today as they will bask in huge numbers but Dana is not excited about holly holm headlining a ppv

I'd be concerned about Rousey's future in the UFC. Chicks are a different breed. A lot of male fighters are never the same after a KO. Who knows how Ronda will react to this. I feel like she was already well on her way to transitioning to a life after the UFC. She could very well come back from this hungry to avenge that loss. Or it could go the other way and decide that she could do without taking another beating. I think there's a very good chance that Ronda knew that she was in way over her head at some point in that first round. That's a reality that will be very hard to get past. Dana will throw all the money in the world at her to get her back in there with Holm, but I'd be pretty concerned right now if I was Dana.

The aura of invincibility, once in a lifetime athlete, and the rest of the hype they create around her is gone after this loss.

Sure, there's money to be made with a rematch, but with it there's the risk of losing again, if it happens then what?

Once ever don't forget

There was a ton of publicity and hype behind RR. She was $.

He's got to build that up with Holm, she basically head-kicked a zero or two off the end of the UFC's upcoming profits.

Back