Why do people think leg kicks are "less manly" than punching?

I'll admit when you think of the guys who are good at kicking, you don't think of people who KO with kicks all the time. Most just chop away until their leg is injured. Where with fists everyone knows a KO can land any second.

The reality is that "fair" fighting since pretty much ever implied fist fighting. Grappling, kicking, etc were historically seen on par similar to weapons.

Noone solves real arguments with "street fighting" except in a few developed countries. People use weapons / fight 3 on 1, etc. The mythical "streets" where feared high school jv wrestlers can beat up Manny Pacquiao don't actually exist.

LOL. They have never been legged kicked. Lot of Karate guys don't get exposed to leg kicks 'cuz they aren't part of point fighting. My Sensei told me leg kicks didn't affect him...until someone connected with a few. LOL Again.

My fav fighters are guys like Aldo, Lima, Edson, Alves, Alex, Hoost, Manhoef.
Probably gay as fuck

Because they don’t know shit about fighting

I think low leg kicks/calf kicks are pussy shit if that's the only strikes you're landing, like a girl kicking someone in the shins on the playground. Now if you're using leg kicks to set up other types of offense, like following up with punches and/or grappling instead of just spamming low kicks, then it's acceptable. Nothing more pathetic than kicking someone below the knees and running away.
I draw the line at calf kicks. It's absolutely bitch ass and isn't fun to watch. I am a big fan of kicks and can throw most all of them myself. Some people have standards.

My fav fighters are guys like Aldo, Lima, Edson, Alves, Alex, Hoost, Manhoef.
Probably gay as fuck
No they don't fight like bitches. There are calf kick haters like me that get lumped into only wanting to see punches.

I see people comment all the time that leg kicks aren't real fighting and that it's a pathetic strategy.

If anything, leg kicks are more painful than punches and surviving dozens of leg kicks is a bigger test of pain tolerance than surviving punches (which is mostly dependent on genetics).

People say that leg kicks don't require skill but that's only if the other fighter doesn't know how to deal with them. That's true for literally anything in combat sports. You don't need to be particularly skilled to knock someone out if your opponent has no skill either.

It takes skill for sure to set up good, fight-ending, leg kicks against a skilled opponent, and it takes real heart and toughness to survive them.
Alex's kicks are brutal just like his hands, hell no, wants more manly than watching your opponent limp...Conors back kick at 145 was awesome...but Alex's leg kicks...are brutal for MMA fighters...he can land 2 or 3 and make them lose one leg...

Bas Ruttnes leg kicks were great too...

Cro Cop's LHK, but he had that high rotational kick thing going...that was something else...never seen that before him or after...

I been a striking fan from the start...I respect and think wrestling is more of the core to fighting but I always prefer strikers.

Back