Why does Bruce Buffer feel the need to get in the fighter’s faces while introducing them?

flakxd

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I like Bruce, and I respect how hard he works. I respect his passion and commitment as well.
With that being said, the way he gets in the fighter’s faces and almost confronts them at times is so bizarre.
I think it was Paul Craig today, but Buffer was all in the guy’s face, and acted as security while announcing his name. Paul wouldn’t even look at Buffer, but Bruce kept inches away the whole time. It was so weird. Anyone else see that, or have gifs?

Edit: here are a couple screenshots. It was really cringe

1Awf6lP.jpg

YH9LWFp.jpg

8n2cDww.jpg

Last edited:
When he introduced Jack Hermansson today he was right in Jack's face, but Jack was really pumped by it, culminating in giving Bruce a fist pump, as fighters often do with Bruce. I'm pretty sure that fighters either like it or ignore it, but none of them have anything against it. It's good energy.

It's Bruce's shtick, it adds personality and flair to events, and I don't see anything wrong with it.

It’s one thing if the fighter is clearly into it. But when they are clearly not, he basically gets confrontational with them. In Paul Craig’s case, Buffer was acting as security and blocking him from Volkan while announcing. Dude should get paid double

I like Bruce, and I respect how hard he works. I respect his passion and commitment as well.
With that being said, the way he gets in the fighter’s faces and almost confronts them at times is so bizarre.
I think it was Paul Craig today, but Buffer was all in the guy’s face, and acted as security while announcing his name. Paul wouldn’t even look at Buffer, but Bruce kept inches away the whole time. It was so weird. Anyone else see that, or have gifs?

1Awf6lP.jpg

YH9LWFp.jpg

8n2cDww.jpg
He does look like an idiot when he does that LOL

Look at where they're standing. It's Craig getting in Buffer's face, not the other way around. It's always the fighters getting in Buffer's face. If you stay in your corner, he never gets within three feet of you. Dillashaw started coming forward and yelling back at Buffer, then everyone else copied him.

Look at where they're standing. It's Craig getting in Buffer's face, not the other way around. It's always the fighters getting in Buffer's face. If you stay in your corner, he never gets within three feet of you. Dillashaw started coming forward and yelling back at Buffer, then everyone else copied him.

I'm pretty sure Dan Hardy was doing it before TJ. He would call him over and get right in his face. I can't remember if anyone did it before him.

1Awf6lP.jpg

YH9LWFp.jpg

8n2cDww.jpg

I've fast forwarded/muted every Buffer intro for about 10 years now. I say 10 but that's just because I don't remember anything prior to that due to rampant alcoholism. Props to him for getting paid handsomely to do the most annoying/pointless job in the sport.

My main issue with Buffer is that he is just too old to be doing it anymore.

I think its also a relic from a bygone era when the UFC was a Vegas spectacle. It added pizzaz when the show production was simpler.

I would never touch fists with the announcer, mostlry ignore him but Im not a fighter

Back