Why does Cormier want to fight Brock, whom he said would beat him at wrestling?

Cormier answered fan questions on YouTube and replied that Brock would beat him in a wrestling match.

Okey, so Brocks base is better. He is stronger. He is bigger. And he is more athletically gifted.

Why on earth does DC despite all of this want to fight him?

It's almost as if DC is trying to sell a fight by saying there are ares's that make it competitive.......Nah could not possibly be that

Brock would be the superior wrestler against Cain, Overeem, Randy, and Carwin as well, but they still managed to stuff him here and there. You don't have to be a better pure wrestler in MMA to punish a superior grappler with striking.
Not just stuff him. Randy was arguably better in the clinch too. Even though he was outweighed 50 or so lbs.

Brock is a big monster, but hasn't perfected the art over the last decade. TS didn't provide a source so it's possible he made it up or DC's sarcastic answer went over his head, but like most I don't believe DC will have any trouble with Brock's grappling.

Brock won't get him down, and he won't win in the clinch.

I wonder if Brock is still the draw that Cormier thinks he is

Not just stuff him. Randy was arguably better in the clinch too. Even though he was outweighed 50 or so lbs.

Brock is a big monster, but hasn't perfected the art over the last decade. TS didn't provide a source so it's possible he made it up or DC's sarcastic answer went over his head, but like most I don't believe DC will have any trouble with Brock's grappling.

I didn't make it up. Cormier didn't even elaborate, he just replied : "Brock"

Brock reacts poorly when punched, Cormier's wrestling if sufficient to defend take downs, and has a great gas tank. Brock loses against Cormier 99/100.

Not just stuff him. Randy was arguably better in the clinch. And outweighed 50 or so lbs.

I agree. You can't totally discount Brock's power though. Brock has 1 hitter quitter power, and that is really the only danger he poses to DC.

Do you think Cormiers striking is comparable to a peak, juiced up Overeem, or Cain? Are you that retarded?

The point, that you completely missed, is that guys (who DC has superior grappling to) who were able to defend Brock's(the superior grappler) TD attempts were able to punish him standing. DC doesn't need to be better at striking than those guys, he needs to be better at striking than Brock(which he demonstrably is, in every way).

Beacuse hes a big payday and Cain already sauced that ass up
DC has a very similar style to Cain which would assume the same type of result
This is fighting... not wrestling

I agree. You can't totally discount Brock's power though. Brock has 1 hitter quitter power, and that is really the only danger he poses to DC.

The point, that you completely missed, is that guys (who DC has superior grappling to) who were able to defend Brock's(the superior grappler) TD attempts were able to punish him standing. DC doesn't need to be better at striking than those guys, he needs to be better at striking than Brock(which he demonstrably is, in every way).

Overeem blasted Brocks liver. Anyone goes down from those. Brock destroyed Mark Hunt who is a Möre decorated Striker than cormier will ever be

Overeem blasted Brocks liver. Anyone goes down from those. Brock destroyed Mark Hunt who is a Möre decorated Striker than cormier will ever be
Are you being willfully ignorant?

What other areas of fighting do you mean would expose Lesnar?
Its a well known fact that Brock doesn't like getting punched in the face. I am going to take a wild guess that DC will try to punch Brock in the face.

Its a well known fact that Brock doesn't like getting punched in the face. I am going to take a wild guess that DC will try to punch Brock in the face.

Daniel Cormier does not even have the reach to punch Lesnar in the face without getting taken down

High five for the use of proper grammar in the title.

I think he was just being respectful because he's a fan of Brock.

If Brock sticks to his wrestling and doesn't try anything foolish, he could very well squash cormier

Back