Why does Dana hate GSP?

Like others have said, GSP was not a company man.

He looked out for his own best interests, as he should.

GSP WAS def a company man early on. He gradually smartened up, got his own hooge clout/fanbase and started calling his shots. The only great fighter who cucked Dana worse was Fedor who absolutely still has Daner melting down

Because the GOAT retired on top and not going 1-9 before finally moving on just to make it snow for Dana....

He is a promoter. Remember how bitter he was when GSP walked away after the Hendricks fight. Usman is the champ now, Dana gotta do everything to make people believe he is better than he really is.

GSP never wanted the Anderson fight when it would've made the UFC a lot of money.
He then retired after the Hendricks decision. Again, the rematch would've made a lot of money for the UFC.
He later went on to talk about how Dana/UFC tried to keep him out of the post-fight press conference.
During retirement he talked about how the sport was rife with PEDs and that his retirement was partly due to this (implying the UFC was complicit).
PEDs became a massive discussion at the time and the eventual introduction of USADA was (and has been) a significant cost exercise for the UFC.
He came back and won the Middleweight title from Bisping before vacating it due to injury.
Dana claimed part of his agreement with George in providing the fight was that GSP must defend if he were to win.
All of the above was happening at a time when the UFC were looking to build new stars at George's expense.

I'm sure this has been said a billion times now but Dana White gave him a title shot against Bisping.
Far from hating him. If Dana hated him he wouldn't be in the hall of Fame either

It's just business. GSP is still a valuable asset and the UFC is just exercising their ironclad slavery contract till the end

I'm sure I've heard why before but can someone remind me? One of UFCs biggest PPV draws but Dana never seems to give him respect. Always loved Silva over GSP (so do I...) Already calling Usman the greatest Welterweight of all time lol

<{danayeah}>
It’s easy. Dana thinks of one thing and it’s money. Every time he thinks of GSP he thinks of lost money because GSP wouldn’t fight for peanuts until he was 40.

GSP fanboys are idiots.

It's because the UFC gave GSP a MW titleshot with no prior MW fights on the grounds that if he won, he would defend the belt. But after he won he left the sport again, therefore fucking the division up, and lieing to Dana and the UFC, and not paying it forward to build the next champion.

Because of this the UFC refused to release him from his contract and let him box as they felt that he still owed them a fight.

GSP fanboys are idiots.

It's because the UFC gave GSP a MW titleshot with no prior MW fights on the grounds that if he won, he would defend the belt. But after he won he left the sport again, therefore fucking the division up, and lieing to Dana and the UFC, and not paying it forward to build the next champion.

Because of this the UFC refused to release him from his contract and let him box as they felt that he still owed them a fight.
Dana disliked GSP before the Bisping fight dude.

Dana has always disliked fighters who could play the contract game better than him.

It's not a coincidence he has an extreme saltiness towards GSP and Fedor.

Dana is the same man who said that Nate Marquardt would never fight in the UFC ever again back in 2011 only to fight in the organization again...

I wouldn't exactly take anything Dana says as gospel. He kinda changes his opinion based upon whatever day of the week it is.

Doesn't have anything to do with GSP. Actually I think that's one of the few instances where Dana's actions aren't completely opposed to what you'd expect from a good promoter.
There's zero value in promoting someone who's retired. If anything, calling GSP the goat slightly devalues his current fighters. Of course you'd expect him to promote active fighters and pick them over a retired fighter with no chance of coming back.

I'm sure this has been said a billion times now but Dana White gave him a title shot against Bisping.
Far from hating him. If Dana hated him he wouldn't be in the hall of Fame either

It's just business. GSP is still a valuable asset and the UFC is just exercising their ironclad slavery contract till the end

This. Frank Shamrock is someone I think Dana hates though.

People are over thinking it. GSP doesn't work for him anymore, Usman does. That's really it.

Now yes, there were things GSP did that annoyed Dana - but ultimately GSP made Dana a lot of money. GSP was a company man for a long time.

GSP did look out for his own interest of course. He chose not to fight Silva, but when Bisping was champ he unretired. Him not defending is probably the thing that pissed Dana off the most. But mostly, it's more about promoting Usman than hating GSP.

Back