Why does English speaking world still say Jesus?

Jesus "Jesse" Christ
main-qimg-d047c93b7514b0ca84c93ec29d307ad3.webp

I'm sure he'll forgive us

Why do Christians eat the animals forbidden to eat in the Bible?

Why do Christians rest on Sunday, which is the 1st day of the week, when God said to rest on the 7th (Saturday)?

Because we don't live under those traditional Jewish laws . . . .

Where did 'Jesus' go from the ages of 12 - 29?

I've always wondered this myself.

I never understood this and I am very much a Christian.

His Hebrew Name was Yeshua. His common name in Aramaic was Isho. Both translate in English as Joshua. I get because the NT was first translated into Greek n they dont have a sh sound it was Lesous that from Latin became Jesus in English.

You got the deity more worshiped thsn anyone else in world history and we intentionally get his name wrong??????? STILL. I mean it's not even the English translation of Yeshua...... Joshua is.

Maybe there's a great reason for this I don't know. I'm just like <WhatIsThis>.

The English-speaking world continues to say "Jesus" because it is the anglicized form of the name commonly used in Christian religious traditions. The name "Jesus" is derived from the Greek name "Iesous," which in turn comes from the Hebrew name "Yeshua" or "Yehoshua." English-speaking Christians have been using the name "Jesus" for centuries, and it has become deeply ingrained in their religious and cultural vocabulary.

That's according to ChatGPT . . .

Why do Christians eat the animals forbidden to eat in the Bible?

Why do Christians rest on Sunday, which is the 1st day of the week, when God said to rest on the 7th (Saturday)?

Where did 'Jesus' go from the ages of 12 - 29?

portrait-beautiful-woman-wondering-holding-hands-next-to-her-face-isolated-over-white-background-curios-woman-229114585.jpg
Because they really wernt Jews anymore and Bacon os greatest food ever . Was great excuse to eat BAAAACCCCCCOOOOONNNN. To be real they didn't start eating pork until much much later after Christ.

Because Saturday was the Jewish day of rest and Christians wanted to further differentiate to thus make their bacon eating more acceptable.

A clear reason I wish there was a Gospel of Mary to fill in that time. Only folks that really knew Yeshua during that time were in Nazzareth . There's a verse "a prophet is always rejected by his own people". John and Mathew knew him from Capernum on. Luke and Matk were compiled from other accounts but those also from Capernum on..

I know the council after Constantine died to create a New Testsment had many accounts n they settled on those 4 . Maybe ones that were lost had that story. Font know

I never understood this and I am very much a Christian.

His Hebrew Name was Yeshua. His common name in Aramaic was Isho. Both translate in English as Joshua. I get because the NT was first translated into Greek n they dont have a sh sound it was Lesous that from Latin became Jesus in English.

You got the deity more worshiped thsn anyone else in world history and we intentionally get his name wrong??????? STILL. I mean it's not even the English translation of Yeshua...... Joshua is.

Maybe there's a great reason for this I don't know. I'm just like <WhatIsThis>.
because the New Testament was originally written in Greek, not Hebrew or Aramaic. Greeks did not use the sound sh, so the evangelists substituted an S sound.

Translated from Greek. It’s was originally Iesus in in the earlier English translations. Combined that with the English “J” you get Jesus.

The wording of Jesus is almost universal but the pronunciation is different.

Spanish and German pronunciation sounds very similar the how they pronounced it in koine greek.

Because they've been giving their thoughts to everyone else?

I mean, it's not like any of it is real, anyway. And, Christians don't actually care what the Bible actually says, because it is insane. Anyone who did what the Bible said to do would be dead in a week. Why quibble over a name?
dennishallmanel133-1312770607-1312831278.jpg

Edit: Remember what War Machine said about God bringing Baroni closer to him when he was arrested for "allegedly" offing that broad?

Could you imagine he came back, only to have 95% of the globe mispronouncing his name. Even after correcting everyone, they still call him Jesus. Whats worse is the people pronouncing Jesus the mexican way.

Im sure he would be like fuck it and just leave again. Establish a new colony of followers on Mars.

Back