Why does everyone hate single mothers

Oh that's just embarrassing. If I was Anne, my response to the crowd, right at the beginning would have been: "Does anyone have anything to add that isn't just an emotional outburst, personal insults or an anecdote that you believe, somehow outweighs datasets of hundreds of millions of people? ...anyone?"

They still wouldn't understand because "feelings"

Are single mothers people who are just divorced? There are millions of divorced families all over the place.

I dunno guys, I could see a million different scenarios, life is so unpredictable. Hard to judge when you don't know any details. Many women have no idea how to pick a man and vice versa. My best friend knocked up a girl that he swore he had no affection for and 20 odd years later, he's totally deballed. People aren't simple, they aren't honest and relationships change. I've had friendships sour badly and I always ask myself, "I didn't change, did they? Or.., was that who they were all along?". Takes time for people to show who they really are, what if the hubby turns out to be a control freak, wife-kid-beater, what if he gets hooked on drugs or alcohol. Alot of situation end up differently then planned, some of them you should be able to see easily, some of them not so easily because, well, because that is just life.

Is that what your mother told you? Did you get your father's side of the story?
Yes. Why would you think differently? He blurted it out and and the day after moved out, eventually getting a place with her...like 30 years ago.

Masterfully stated.
I’ve seen that multiple times.

Dude gets in a relationship with a single mommy. He’s expected (sooner or later) to do all this daddy type shit, but gets no thanks or respect for it. The brat yelling “You’re not my dad” wipes out any shred of authority or capacity for discipline, and the mom will side with the brat every single time.

Dude ends up not king of the castle in his own damn house.

I think some guys have this misguided idea that there will be extra appreciation to go with all the extra effort expected from you by a single mom. But I haven't found that to be the case, either watching friends date them or with the one I dated..

Last edited:
Masterfully stated.
I’ve seen that multiple times.

Dude gets in a relationship with a single mommy. He’s expected (sooner or later) to do all this daddy type shit, but gets no thanks or respect for it. The brat yelling “You’re not my dad” wipes out any shred of authority or capacity for discipline, and the mom will side with the brat every single time.

Dude ends up not king of the castle in his own damn house.
Yeah it didn't get as far as that in the relationship I was in. But less than 6 months in I could tell no matter what I did, in his mind I'm not this kids dad and am trying to get between him and his mom. And she'd never be truly satisfied no matter how much I did for them. And on my end it's constantly more expenses and more hassle. The obligation of being a husband and father, and at the end of the day you dont even get having a family out of it. It was just worse than dating a girl without a child.

Lot more effort, no extra perks.

i don't hate single mothers. i just don't want to be a cuck. nothing but love for those who are willing to be one.

I'm sure a lot of pro athletes appreciate their single mothers who worked their asses off to provide for them so they can play sports in college and be drafted and get huge signing bonus.

I'm sure a lot of pro athletes appreciate their single mothers who worked their asses off to provide for them so they can play sports in college and be drafted and get huge signing bonus.
I’m sure a lot of rapists and other shitty criminals thank their single moms for raising them too because statistically speaking, children raised by single moms are much, much more likely to go to jail.

I’m sure a lot of rapists and other shitty criminals thank their single moms for raising them too because statistically speaking, children raised by single moms are much, much more likely to go to jail.
especially boys of single mothers, they have it the worst. A girl can still turn out okay with a single mother, but not a boy (usually)

Yes. Why would you think differently? He blurted it out and and the day after moved out, eventually getting a place with her...like 30 years ago.
@Bay Area What is the reason to this? I was 15. What makes you think my mother would make this up when he admitted it to us? What a horrid assumption.

lol i sort of share that same view on single mothers. im not going to involve myself in any relationship where i have to raise some other mans child, thats just not going to work for anyone. way i look at them is they're untouchables. sometimes they might be pretty to look at, but i know better.

thats not to say i knock the men who are able to look past this sort of shit and share a life with someone elses kids, you are better men than i and i will admit it.

No one hates on single mothers simply because they're single mothers (based on what I've seen, anyway).

A lot of guys say they wouldn't date them for a variety of reasons. The fact is, all things being equal, a childless woman is more desirable and has less baggage than a single mother. If a guy has options, I don't see why this is a problem.

No one ever says "why so much hate on broke guys?" When women don't want to date them.

Don't forget that guys don't want to date them because single moms are heroes and if you date them, they no longer are single and therefor no longer heroes!
And society needs it's heroes!
<seedat>

Last edited:
Back