• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why does Holloway get by

That doesn't really tell the whole story though. Max being considerably taller than most of his opponents has a big effect on reach and distance control. It allows you to bend at the waist and enhance your reach, while also playing a significant part in defense. Nate Diaz and Max both use this to great effect.

But I think people see Max's height and body shape, and assume he's much longer and has got a much bigger reach advantage than he actually does. Without looking it up, most people would probably assume Max (5'11", 69-inch reach) has a similar height/reach difference that Conor (5'9", 74-inch reach) or Nate (6'0", 76-inch reach) has, but he's actually one of the few guys whose reach is shorter than his height.

Max is three inches taller than his last opponent in Ortega (5'8", 69-inch reach), but their reach is the same. He's also four inches taller than Aldo (5'7", 70-inch reach), but Aldo actually has a one-inch reach advantage to somewhat offset the height difference.

the general “Narrative” on sherdog is mcgregor is mediocre because he has been fighting ”Manlets”
Which whilst false leads me to ask this. Why does Holloway who is taller, bigger and has missed weight multiple multiple times get a by. Why is Holloway this god on sherdog when mcgregor a guy who is smaller was hated on for fighting “Manlets” I personally don’t take away from either of their accomplishments but Sherdoggers do.
So please tell me why?
Max Holloway has never missed weight. Holy shit you fucking new fans are idiots. He got pulled from NY commission(new to MMA) because they thought he couldn't and the Ortega fight was allegedly due to concussion symptoms. He has never stepped on the scale on missed weight.

I’m talking weight
He walks 185
In the Khabib Holloway presser he said he had “30 pounds to cut” which explains the botched weight cut to 55. Mcgregor would make it on short notice. But then again Holloway was on Hawaiian beaches so he probably was not in prime shape to make the cut
Mcgregor has never stepped in on short notice, where he wasn't in training camp.

But I think people see Max's height and body shape, and assume he's much longer and has got a much bigger reach advantage than he actually does. Without looking it up, most people would probably assume Max (5'11", 69-inch reach) has a similar height/reach difference that Conor (5'9", 74-inch reach) or Nate (6'0", 76-inch reach) has, but he's actually one of the few guys whose reach is shorter than his height.

Max is three inches taller than his last opponent in Ortega (5'8", 69-inch reach), but their reach is the same. He's also four inches taller than Aldo (5'7", 70-inch reach), but Aldo actually has a one-inch reach advantage to somewhat offset the height difference.

True, but in all the scenarios, I'd rather be Max - 5'11" 69in reach, than 5'7" with a 70in reach.

Considering McGregor used to boast about beating midgets. I’d say McGregor brought it on himself. Just like Till did. Bragging about beating smaller guys and then losing is funny as hell.

I don’t see Max doing that.
So it's actually Conor's talk and not reality but you'd use it as an argument from time to time when you want to shit on McG?

the general “Narrative” on sherdog is mcgregor is mediocre because he has been fighting ”Manlets”
Which whilst false leads me to ask this. Why does Holloway who is taller, bigger and has missed weight multiple multiple times get a by. Why is Holloway this god on sherdog when mcgregor a guy who is smaller was hated on for fighting “Manlets” I personally don’t take away from either of their accomplishments but Sherdoggers do.
So please tell me why?
Max has never "missed" weight.

Max Holloway has never missed weight. Holy shit you fucking new fans are idiots. He got pulled from NY commission(new to MMA) because they thought he couldn't and the Ortega fight was allegedly due to concussion symptoms. He has never stepped on the scale on missed weight.
I have already addressed that

He has height but he's giving up a lot of core strength to these guys because they are much thicker than him. That is beneficial in many ways but max is so gifted he never let's that happen.

Because Conor has more power, he fucking knocks the feathers stiff with a two piece. Max relies on his skill & cardio which if you think Max is bullying manlets should mean the weight cut should affect Max's cardio. Conor would cut down ice a guy in a minute like it was a cheat code

Pro-tip: Ignore the general narrative and build your own opinion whilst not giving a fuck about the opinion of casuals on here.

he has his own opinion. He just finds it annoying how one gets a pass and the other gets hate for it.

Max comes to fight. Folks honestly appreciate that

Back