Why hasn't anyone ever done an interlocking fish smash?

If you interlock your hands to punch it means you can be counter punched on either side and not be able to block it. Also you will get nowhere near the force of a normal punch because you would basically be throwing a two handed hammer fist.

Actually its better to use a interlocked fist for a hard jab rather than a downward, axe like motion, you still get that awesome double fist power but don't have to completely expose your head. I've said for years the only way people will beat Jon Jones is using interlocked strikes, truly a forgotten art.

Do you mean Donkey Kong ground and pound like this?
Yo52eK1.gif

cG8AR56.gif

1.gif

giphy.webp

Because it wouldn't be as powerful as using one fist, because you'd have to use your core to balance and stabilise yourself, thus losing a lot of power.
Also, if you interlock your fingers you can break your bones with enough force WAY MORE EASILY than by making a fist with one hand. You're better off making two fists and donkey kong slamming an opponent than interlocking your fingers. That's a trip to the hospital and most likely a loss. That bottom pinky finger? Gone!

Closest I’ve seen is Bigfoot do a double fist from the mount vs Mike Kyle

bf4.gif

You are my hero for putting together these AMAZING gifs of Interlocking Fish Smash utilization.

Thank you.
I made this thread a while back. It's about moves that use both hands or both feet at the same time.
Double Techniques
There's a couple more "interlocking fish smashes" in there.

This

One must set up the Interlocking Fish Smash. You can just go spamming Interlocking Fish Smashes. That is a recipe for disaster.
You are my hero for putting together these AMAZING gifs of Interlocking Fish Smash utilization.

Thank you.

NO. Those gifs are not the new school move known as the fish smash (pioneered by Vegeta from DBz). They are showing a type of combat which has links to the evolutionary development of humanity itself..

An old school combat, a primordial fighting style. Some people have called it the Monkey style or even "going ape shit". I prefer to call it evolutionary mastery incarnate. This move developed spontaneously from eons of evolution condensed into one eruption of pre humanoid rage. Smashing, downward, the object of your burning hatred, with clenched fists, cracking bone and tearing flesh.

This type of combat was depicted in early cave drawings and is distinct from the fish smash.

Back