Why haven't more people adopted Khabib's style?

TheAmericanCrack

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I heard eddie bravo say this the other day. Why haven't more fighters adopted Khabib's style? It seems pretty easy to replicate Khabib's leg trips, foot sweeps and takedowns against the game. So why haven't more people just tried to fight like him?

There are levels to this stuff. Like training since birth... not every fighter has a bear to spar with as a kid... :)

Yeah pretty much any old idiot can handle bears in training. What's the big deal?

Most fighters don't have access to a time machine necessary to replicate Habeeb's style

Come to think of it, why doesn’t everyone just throw punches like rumble and ngannou while they’re at it

many fighters say "ive prepared for this my whole life"

sorry but NO, only khabib has

Most fighters don't have access to a time machine necessary to replicate Habeeb's style

many fighters say "ive prepared for this my whole life"

sorry but NO, only khabib literally has done it

Khabib managed to completely change his takedown game in just a few years so I don't see why other top level fighters can't?

Most countries around the world would not be ok with having a bear to train with as a child.

Because Khabib's style is highly technical and takes years of specific training to get to his skillset.

Because Khabibs style is based on a life time of training and perfecting it. In the years to come maybe we will see more people come up with a similar style based on Khabib, but current fighters can't just all of the sudden grapple and control another human being as effectively Khabib.

In short it is very hard to do, thus not everyone can do it.

I heard eddie bravo say this the other day. Why haven't more fighters adopted Khabib's style? It seems pretty easy to replicate Khabib's leg trips, foot sweeps and takedowns against the game. So why haven't more people just tried to fight like him?
There are 2 Eddie Bravo's. One is a great BBJ coach and the other is a stoned/red wine drinking/conspiracy touting crazy dude. I think you heard the second one talking.

Because not all fighters are world class wrestlers.

Khabib is super technical and strong. He’s the best of the MMA grapplers probsbly ever. Most guys would do the same if they had the skill level but nobody else does

Kaos_Obral_Combed_30S_If_Sambo_Was_Easy_It_Would_Be_Called_J.jpg

This is not so easy as seems to be. Why haven't more people adopted Usain Bolt speed? Easy, no? Just watch what and how he does and follow. It is called natural talent. It can't learn. Strength, timeing, courage, high skills, and so on. Everybody can develop for a level. But to be genius must born.

You don't just adopt a lifetime of wrestling/Sambo experience.

Jesus, its not that simple.

Many fighters have had similar styles or skill sets, GSP, Matt Hughes the list goes on, but Khabib's level of wrestling is either superior or he fights in his way which makes him more effective.

You can't just copy, body type, ability, mind set etc all come into play.

They aren't good enough and don't have his talent.

Lol @ easy to replicate, if it was everyone would had done it, also they have to play to their strenghts and fighting style, even if they try to they might not be that good at it.

Ikr why cant everyone just be born into a warzone up in the mountain high altitude and be drilled in combats sports against much bigger foes and bears since they could walk.....he is a product of his life and environment

Back