Why is Adesanya so disliked but Romero, Ngannou, Overeem are among the most liked on Sherdog?

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I noticed a good number of Sherdoggers quickly jumped to the conclusion that the reason that Adesanya is disliked is because of his background. However, this makes absolutely no sense, because guys like Romero, Ngannou, and Overeem are among the most liked on Sherdog!

So my question is, why do you believe Adesanya so disliked but Romero, Ngannou, Overeem are among the most liked on Sherdog?

He talks a lot of shit bro.

Same reason Venom Page is disliked except Izzy is on the big stage blazing through fan favorites.

Conor talks shit and gets hated on and he’s white so what “background” is it that you’re talking about? Lol

I didn’t know this was rocket science.

Why are Romero, Ngannou, Overeem liked, but Randy Couture is more liked?

Why are apples red but oranges are orange? Except blood oranges?
I was going to say something like that.

TS doesn't have any sense of life, at all. -1 logic omg. Adesanya is not even an orange in this case. It is like comparing to some other fruit that no one eats... Just look at the fighters he put on the table LOL.

Come on... Make some sense.

whoever said Adesanya is disliked because he is black, is a moron race baiter. Several black fighters are liked including the ones you mentioned, plus Rampage Jackson, Anderson Silva, Black Beast, etc...

Nothing to do with color, but how you behave outside the ring.

I noticed a good number of Sherdoggers quickly jumped to the conclusion that the reason that Adesanya is disliked is because of his background. However, this makes absolutely no sense, because guys like Romero, Ngannou, and Overeem are among the most liked on Sherdog!

So my question is, why do you believe Adesanya so disliked but Romero, Ngannou, Overeem are among the most liked on Sherdog?
For sure you can tell the different levels of class between Israel Androgenous and those that you listed. It seems you can't get past the fact that they are all black though for some reason, according to your logic lol what a race baiter. Mods dispose of this.

He talks a little of shit bro.

same reason Venom Page is disliked.

I didn’t know this was rocket science.

Venom rolled a pokeball at a man who's skull was literally caved in lol.

You made me think of the answer though, thank you. They both try too hard to be funny, likable, a draw. But they aren't. The are both corny and cringe. Izzy wants to be Conor McGregor but he's not, he thinks he's making a witty remark that everyone will find hilarious but he's making a 9/11 twin towers joke with a horrible punch line.

Racism doesn't make you automatically hate every black person.
It makes it easier and last longer.
Real question is not why people don't hate on DC (by the way, they do), but why the different treatment.

And the answer is obviously racial bias.

Last edited:
He has an off-putting personality to some people. Same thing applies to The Reem actually, back when he first got into the UFC he wasn't very well liked at all. People thought he was cocky (cue cock guy gif), even though I never saw it personally.

Romero and Ngannou are more universally likeable in my opinion.

Because of his personality?

Does it really need to be spelled out for you?

Because Izzy's personality comes off as fake and a bit of a try hard. Lots of us felt the same about Ngannou prior to the Stipe fight

As a fighter I don't think anyone really dislikes him

Because he talks a lot.

Not cause he talks a lot of shit, but cause he fucking won't stop yapping.

Also saying that he is smart all the time, or a nerd, that is just annoying as shit. That's something reserved for physicists, medical doctors, high level engineers, mathematicians etc etc. For smart people. And those people never brag about how smart they are.

Nowadays the "smart" people are - fighters (or sports in general), singers, actors, SJWs, intellectuals (whatever the fuck that means), critics, journalists, political analysts.....

Francis is like a lion ready to destroy but chill most of the time.

Izzy is constantly talking shit and always acts like he has a chip on his shoulder.
But I think a lot of people like Izzy in all fairness I saw a shit ton of Costa gifs the last couple days so he can't be that hated.
I always have to smirk when people blame it on him being black, I have mostly black friends and only dated Black girls but Izzy is just way too tryhard for me and annoying.
Don't even hate him he is an amazing fighter but he is pure annoying.

Why are Romero, Ngannou, Overeem liked, but Randy Couture is more liked?

Why are apples red but oranges are orange? Except blood oranges?

Why do we park in the drive way but drive on the park way?
I was going to say something like that.

TS doesn't have any sense of life, at all. -1 logic omg. Adesanya is not even an orange in this case. It is like comparing to some other fruit that no one eats... Just look at the fighters he put on the table LOL.

Come on... Make some sense.

You implied that I'm comparing apples to oranges, but actually, you're the one doing that... you need to re-read what you wrote. o_O

I'm comparing Adesanya to Romero, Ngannou, and Overeem, yet then you mentioned Couture, who is a retired fighter from a couple of generations ago.

Back