Why is Anik talking about fighters and custody battles?

It's like the NFL draft where seemingly every draftee has had a close family member dying in tragic circumstances.
Or reality shows or something. I've seen parts of various Undercover Boss episodes back when it first started and it's hilarious how some of those people are just the most knocked down, drug through the dirt people. There's never a "I come in, do my job, and go home" people from what I've seen. Everyone always has some deep story on television.

it was super cringe..... and honestly i am here for the fighting not that mans personal business

that's no ones business and shouldn't have been mentioned

Rogan just made him cry bringing it up.

Lol joe rogan talking about it in post fight interview. Trying to tear jerk another persons business nobody cares about lol

I remember Bryan Caraway's last UFC fight Rogan was talking about how Miesha was his ex-girlfriend and now pregnant with Johnny Nunes.
Lol wish I’d seen that for some reason

It's like the NFL draft where seemingly every draftee has had a close family member dying in tragic circumstances.
Commom denominator being ESPN, probably a production decision. "Hey how can we make these fighters seem more relatable? Lets expose their deepest personal issues!"

I get humanizing the fighters and showing that they're not just mindless purveyors of violence but UFC does it in a really awkward and uncomfortable way that seriously impedes the show. I think it was the latest Joaquin Buckley fight when they were talking about how much his success meant for his family and mentioned a sick grandparent, I think, moments before he got knocked the fuck out. They also get downright exploitative about it, like with the murder of Walt Harris' daughter. It's one thing to mention it to support the guy and pay tribute; it's another entirely to constantly be bringing it up and talking about his state of mind and what it means to go out there and how big a win would be, only for us to see him get the absolute shit beat out of him. I didn't even finish that fight. It's ridiculous.

Back