Why is DC everywhere in UFC media?

They’re training DC to become ufc president and be the face of the company who does all the media once Dana retires.

The president has a much more important role than doing media.

Fighters tend to be misfits and DC is a fake normie that perfectly represents our soulless society. If normie society had a gun to their head and HAD to pick a UFC fighter to host one of their god awful late night shows we know damm well who the pick would be.

Yes but that role can be done by anyone(relatively speaking). Every capitalist company has a president and/or CEO. Only the UFC has a "I talk shit at press conferences" position.

Yes but that role can be done by anyone(relatively speaking). Every capitalist company has a president and/or CEO. Only the UFC has a "I talk shit at press conferences" position.

If anyone could run an MMA promotion there would be other successful promotions. Dana for whatever reason chose to be a media figure and make himself the center of attention. I think that's over with when he retires. Hunter's gonna take over the company.

Dana's already shut down the idea of DC.

www.mmamania.com/2022/3/20/22987884/dana-white-theres-one-guy-who-could-replace-me-as-ufc-president-and-its-not-daniel-cormier

“Nobody would even know who the f—k he is,” he said. “He’s a behind-the-scenes guy.”

He's definitely talking about Hunter here.

Last edited:
If anyone could run an MMA promotion there would be other successful promotions. Dana for whatever reason chose to be a media figure and make himself the center of attention. I think that's over with when he retires.

Tbh if Dana was in Scott Cokers position he would have failed simply because he was going against the established UFC brand. Not that he couldn't have done better than Coker but the ultimate outcome would have been the same. Dana and the Ferrtittas entered a vaccum. What Dana did and what his wannabee competitors are trying to do is not the same thing.

I agree the media position should die its unneccessary and fuels toxicity. But the company owns WWE they seem to want toxicity.

Dana was only used by the Fertitta's because they didn't want to be in the spotlight themselves. Plus, Dana is someone no one would have missed if he messed up and ruined the company. No one would have shed a tear if he had been buried in the Nevada desert.
Man, even his own mother hates him.

And DC? I don´t like him. Never will.

Last edited:

Like what? Hunter does all the actual work, he’s the chief business officer. It’s Dana’s job to keep the media off his back and promote the company.

Obviously a lot of us don't like him for some reasons but he has the most appeal to casuals among all UFC Media people. As someone mentioned, who else should take his place? Cruz, Bisping? Lol

It's hilarious how people are coming on here to bash Jon Jones. It says a lot about what place the "support" for DC's brilliant commentating comes from. As for being broke or whatever....I work with people all over the world for my job.
As for other there being no other fighters as capable, we have fighters with engineering degrees (Carwin), fighters who have been actors (GSP, Couture), fighters who give such brilliant analysis that other fighters ask them to NOT do breakdowns of their fight style (Dan Hardy). Oh wait .... several of the greats I just named did not suck up to Dana. Hmmmm.....could there be a pattern?

Former Olympian, 2 weight class champ, on a lot of goat lists (not necessarily mine but dude was a beast)... why would a promotion want to highlight and feature someone like that?

Gtfo it's literally simple to understand.

Because he's funny, has great mma knowledge and has good rapport with almost all of the roster. Better than having roastie ass bitches like Nina or Laura around

Because thats his job now ..

What i cant wait for is when Jones retires and they become the hosts and commentators together ...

This would be magic LOL

Former Olympian, 2 weight class champ, on a lot of goat lists (not necessarily mine but dude was a beast)... why would a promotion want to highlight and feature someone like that?

Gtfo it's literally simple to understand.
I acknowledge he is an all time great fighter, of course.

If anyone could run an MMA promotion there would be other successful promotions. Dana for whatever reason chose to be a media figure and make himself the center of attention. I think that's over with when he retires. Hunter's gonna take over the company.

Dana's already shut down the idea of DC.

www.mmamania.com/2022/3/20/22987884/dana-white-theres-one-guy-who-could-replace-me-as-ufc-president-and-its-not-daniel-cormier

“Nobody would even know who the f—k he is,” he said. “He’s a behind-the-scenes guy.”

He's definitely talking about Hunter here.

Hunter is Dana’s boss, he’s literally the chief business operator for the ufc. Why would Hunter replace Dana and do all the promoting on top of his job that he does already? The ufc uses Dana to keep the heat off Hunter and Ari so they can work behind the scenes. DC is the perfect guy to take over as president, he enjoys doing media and is a former fighter with a good relationship with the ufc.

Because ESPN is woke AF and he and din thomas are literally the only POC's in their MMA media line up who checks off that DEI box. Din is just not camera friendly and lacks polish on the mic so he gets sidelined most of the time.

Hunter is Dana’s boss, he’s literally the chief business operator for the ufc. Why would Hunter replace Dana and do all the promoting on top of his job that he does already? The ufc uses Dana to keep the heat off Hunter and Ari so they can work behind the scenes. DC is the perfect guy to take over as president, he enjoys doing media and is a former fighter with a good relationship with the ufc.

Yeah no. Dana is the CEO, he's the top guy in the UFC. Ari is the CEO of Endeavor their parent company so he's both of their bosses.

You guys seem to be under the impression that talking to the media is Dana's main job. It's not. He runs the company, he gets the deals made. Hunter has been groomed to do the same, and if the day comes Dana retires he's the only one who can replace him. As I pointed out in the post you replied to, the "loudmouth who talks to the media and announces fights" is probably gone after Dana retires. It's a role unique to the UFC that Dana chose to do but it's not his main job.

Back