Why is Greg Hardy where he is right now?

Lebron James would NOT make an MMA fighter. Hate to break it to you, i've seen footage of him throwing hands and ducking and weaving, and I can tell you I AM BETTER than him and more coordinated right now, sitting in my bedroom, and I am not a super juiced up super rich athlete. He would get fucking wrecked. Besides, you've never seen him get punched. STop talking about fucking soft basketballers on a fight forum.

Lebron James has shown no proof of being able to fight in any capacity. Don't reply to me as you are probably like the other guys that literally drool over basketballers, when in reality most of those guys would get fucking destroyed in MMA.

Good luck Stephen curry in MMA, imagine that 'A level athlete' getting bombed to the chin by even Dan Henderson. 1 shot and all the A level talk flys instantly out of the window.
Lol

LeBron would beat your ass with one arm tied around his back

Don't be salty that he gets paid more money to do a few commercials than anyone in the UFC gets paid to fight.

The real reason Hardy is where he is right now, is because UFC HW division is beyond awful, its horrific. Zero talent and zero skill level in most of them. Cormier is one of the very few guys who is legit skilled and talented, but he retires there is not much left at all. its so bad.

Guys who get kicked off of NFL practice squads -- Lesnar -- become UFC HW champ in 3 fights. Guys who get cut from the league after 1 year - Bob Sapp - beat K-1 GOATs and nearly kill MMA legends in their prime. Other NFL guys who get cut after 1 year -- Schaub, Mittrione -- KO MMA GOATs like Fedor and Cro Cop.

MMA is a fringe sport that's less popular than table tennis and volleyball. It doesn't get great athletes. The NFL gets some of the best athletes in the world.

Is it really surprising that an actually good NFL player just slightly past his prime can beat lower level UFC guys?

The problem is in your undestanding. Fighting ain't sport, it's closer to survival, so yes bigger,stronger,faster (blacker?) peoples have advantages in fighting.

Athleticism is sport specific.
NFL athletes are great athletes in the NFL, not in mma.
Just one example: cardio.
NFL athletes practice HIIT but not steady-state cardio as their sport doesn't require it.
Their cardio is suited for the sport of football, not mma.
If you test a certain group of athletes to measure their athleticism, the result is gonna depend on what kind of athletic test you've applied.
Let's take the strength for example.
How do we determine which athlete is stronger?
Is bench press the only and the most relevant test for strength?
You can take a large weigh lifter who can, for example, bench press a way more than a smaller wrestler but the weight lifter would be still overpowered in the clinch and manhandled because a wrestler has developed muscles for the functional movement necessary for their sport.

Last edited:
Lebron James would NOT make an MMA fighter. Hate to break it to you, i've seen footage of him throwing hands and ducking and weaving, and I can tell you I AM BETTER than him and more coordinated right now, sitting in my bedroom, and I am not a super juiced up super rich athlete. He would get fucking wrecked. Besides, you've never seen him get punched. STop talking about fucking soft basketballers on a fight forum.

Lebron James has shown no proof of being able to fight in any capacity. Don't reply to me as you are probably like the other guys that literally drool over basketballers, when in reality most of those guys would get fucking destroyed in MMA.

Good luck Stephen curry in MMA, imagine that 'A level athlete' getting bombed to the chin by even Dan Henderson. 1 shot and all the A level talk flys instantly out of the window.
This is exactly what dude was talking about. We all know an NBA player wouldn't make it in the UFC because they have spent their whole life training basketball and not martial arts like many of fighters on the roster. But give those athletes a few years training and i bet they do good things. MMA fans are so insecure.

This is exactly what dude was talking about. We all know an NBA player wouldn't make it in the UFC because they have spent their whole life training basketball and not martial arts like many of fighters on the roster. But give those athletes a few years training and i bet they do good things. MMA fans are so insecure.

If MMA fans were insecure, they would visit NBA, NFL forums etc, and talk about this same dialogue of how a man that crushes another mans skull for a living is more of an 'athlete' than someone throwing a ball around and spew some other narrative about life.. instead, those forums for those sports are filled with dudes just beating off to the juiced up athletes all day long.. meanwhile MMA fans have to hear on our own forums about NBA and NFL guys every damn week when those guys dont even fight lol :D

Giving random athletes in the NBA fight training doesn't mean shit.. you can't just pluck dudes and expect them to do well because they play ball and are athletic, regardless of time spent training. The reason they are in the NBA is because they are gifted at basketball and have a natural talent for it and they are tall and athletic on top, the game of basketball makes it so that only tall people really succeed.. Just like alot of guys that are predisposed to want to be a pro-fighter, tend to have a better natural fight ability, great chins and have been tested physically through the meat grinder and know they are legit fighters..Some stuff you cannot learn.

With fighting in particular, people try and pretend other guys are in other sports just because of money.. now that is slightly the case to a degree, but it is not as clear as they make it out. I am telling you right now, the majority of NBA guys do not and will never want to get in a 1v1 competition with no team that involves you getting headkicked by derrick lewis and your faced smashed in as you go down and try to recover.. most of those NBA guys would never do it, even if the pay was little TEN TIMES the NBA. To be knocked out and outclassed on live TV in front of your friends and family fighting the most dangerous men, takes way more balls than playing a ball game with a team next to you IMO, and thats why I think the guys that are good at ball and like ball will always mostly do it regardless of the MMA pay. I grew up having streetfights and witnessing alot of streetfights, and theres certain types of dudes that just have it, they just do, and even years of training cant make up for it. #RantOver :D

God damn, TS. Hang out in the wasteland instead.

If MMA fans were insecure, they would visit NBA, NFL forums etc, and talk about this same dialogue of how a man that crushes another mans skull for a living is more of an 'athlete' than someone throwing a ball around and spew some other narrative about life.. instead, those forums for those sports are filled with dudes just beating off to the juiced up athletes all day long..

Giving random athletes in the NBA fight training doesn't mean shit.. you can't just pluck dudes and expect them to do well because they play ball and are athletic, regardless of time spentThe reason they are in the NBA is because they are gifted at basketball and have a natural talent for it and they are tall and athletic on top, the game of basketball makes it so that only tall people really succeed.. Just like alot of guys that are predisposed to want to be a pro-fighter, tend to have a better natural fight ability, great chins and have been tested physically through the meat grinder and know they are legit fighters..Some stuff you cannot learn.

With fighting in particular, people try and pretend other guys are in other sports just because of money.. now that is slightly the case to a degree, but it is not as clear as they make it out. I am telling you right now, the majority of NBA guys do not and will never want to get in a 1v1 competition with no team that involves you getting headkicked by derrick lewis and your faced smashed in as you go down and try to recover.. most of those NBA guys would never do it, even if the pay was little TEN TIMES the NBA. To be knocked out and outclassed on live TV in front of your friends and family fighting the most dangerous men, takes way more balls than playing a ball game with a team next to you IMO, and thats why I think the guys that are good at ball and like ball will always mostly do it regardless of the MMA pay. I grew up having streetfights and witnessing alot of streetfights, and theres certain types of dudes that just have it, they just do, and even years of training cant make up for it. #RantOver :D

1. I think it’s more that some mma fans are fans of multiple sports, and thus would like to see some of the freak athletes from other sports compete in mma. Because this is a forum, they fantasize and speculate about how they’d do.

2. Your right not “everyone” in those sports would or could be a good mma fighter. Fighting does take a certain mentality. But this also holds true for many of the grappling arts as well. Not every wrestler, Judo, BJJ etc guy wants to get hit in the face either and couldn’t compete in mma. Despite having a good base skill set.

3. Sometimes being a good athlete can win you fights, despite you not being a very violent/aggressive fighter. (Phil Davis comes to mind here. When he first started I’d never seen a LHW his size with such pillows for fist. The guy just didn’t seem to commit to any of his punches.)

4. Just being big and strong can win you fights too. I’ve seen street fights too. And I can remember guys on my HS football team, that had that meanness in them. In fact I’d argue that despite being tall, fast, strong, etc. it is actually difficult to be a good football player if you aren’t aggressive. There are plenty of smaller players who hit harder than guys who are larger, stronger, and faster, than them. Because some players slow down before they hit. Mentally they don’t like hitting, and it’s something footballers either have built in them. Or they learn it from a lifetime of playing.

5. Ppl always talk about the Diaz bros, and Jorge as being born fighters. Because where there from, and there’s so many NFL/NBA players that grew up in significantly worse areas.

5. Most people don’t realize just how athletic NFL guys are compared to other athletes. Many NFL lineman could compete in worlds strongest man competitions and hold their own. A lot of skill position players could race against an Olympic sprinter and look good. If you do track at a D1 college and can win/place in conference your an Olympic level athlete.

I’d argue there are no ufc fighters that fast. Although I do agree wrestlers are super strong on average. The sheer size of an Aaron Donald is gonna win you fights. And after seeing Greg hardy run through guys I’d say it’s relevant to speculate on how others might fair.

UFC wants Hardy to win. Look what places on the main card he gets and how he mocks UFC fans recognizing he has the org helping him at every situation.

1. I think it’s more that some mma fans are fans of multiple sports, and thus would like to see some of the freak athletes from other sports compete in mma. Because this is a forum, they fantasize and speculate about how they’d do.

2. Your right not “everyone” in those sports would or could be a good mma fighter. Fighting does take a certain mentality. But this also holds true for many of the grappling arts as well. Not every wrestler, Judo, BJJ etc guy wants to get hit in the face either and couldn’t compete in mma. Despite having a good base skill set.

3. Sometimes being a good athlete can win you fights, despite you not being a very violent/aggressive fighter. (Phil Davis comes to mind here. When he first started I’d never seen a LHW his size with such pillows for fist. The guy just didn’t seem to commit to any of his punches.)

4. Just being big and strong can win you fights too. I’ve seen street fights too. And I can remember guys on my HS football team, that had that meanness in them. In fact I’d argue that despite being tall, fast, strong, etc. it is actually difficult to be a good football player if you aren’t aggressive. There are plenty of smaller players who hit harder than guys who are larger, stronger, and faster, than them. Because some players slow down before they hit. Mentally they don’t like hitting, and it’s something footballers either have built in them. Or they learn it from a lifetime of playing.

5. Ppl always talk about the Diaz bros, and Jorge as being born fighters. Because where there from, and there’s so many NFL/NBA players that grew up in significantly worse areas.

5. Most people don’t realize just how athletic NFL guys are compared to other athletes. Many NFL lineman could compete in worlds strongest man competitions and hold their own. A lot of skill position players could race against an Olympic sprinter and look good. If you do track at a D1 college and can win/place in conference your an Olympic level athlete.

I’d argue there are no ufc fighters that fast. Although I do agree wrestlers are super strong on average. The sheer size of an Aaron Donald is gonna win you fights. And after seeing Greg hardy run through guys I’d say it’s relevant to speculate on how others might fair.

NFL lineman maybe in the low regional tier strongman competitions sure, but theres no way you can say they would hold their own with the actual worlds strongest men, they wouldn't come close. Go look up all the worlds strongest men, none of them look anything likeNFL guys, way way way stronger, and mostly white if being honest (atleast the very top ones with all the world records and lifting records.) NFL guys mostly jacked black dudes that are very fast :p Hate to stereotype but its easy to see if you look at strongman and NFL, both sports have very different looking types and races on average. Those strongmen look like they would be pretty slow because of how much muscle mass they have. The worlds strongest man dudes have records of a over 1000 fucking pounds deadlift.. no NFL guy is doing that

I agree that the NFL guys seem to have a nice balance of strength, speed, power etc, sure sign of good athletes.

I made an edit in my sarcastic OP, and included a non sarcastic version in the EDIT #2 since most of yall didnt get that the OP was sarcastic.

One of the most poorly-written posts I have ever seen here. You make leaping assumptions about what the UFC wants, change them on the fly, make multiple edits...yikes.

You might as well just cut to the chase and say that Greg Hardy is an apocalyptic fighter.

One of the most poorly-written posts I have ever seen here. You make leaping assumptions about what the UFC wants, change them on the fly, make multiple edits...yikes.

You might as well just cut to the chase and say that Greg Hardy is an apocalyptic fighter.

good point.
I forget sometimes that some people are unable to connect the dots, so I have to explain every single step or else they get confused.
but if I explain every single step, then it goes unread.

thats an interesting point you made at the end right there.
what exactly do you mean by apocalyptic fighter?

I removed all the sarcasm btw. Their might still be leaping assumptions to some. if there is, ask me how I arrived at that step.

Last edited:
Cm Punk got main card status with zeros fights and no athletic past, just based off of being a celebrity. Hardy has been proven, is also a celebrity, is the first ever all American NFL player to compete UFC, and he has been straight wrecking dudes. I've no problem him getting all this attention and status.

good point.
I forget sometimes that some people are unable to connect the dots, so I have to explain every single step or else they get confused.
but if I explain every single step, then it goes unread.

thats an interesting point you made at the end right there.
what exactly do you mean by apocalyptic fighter?

I removed all the sarcasm btw. Their might still be leaping assumptions to some. if there is, ask me how I arrived at that step.
You have almost 7k posts, and you don't understand that reference?

Go to the All-Time Sherdog Threads thread, and find the one about Alessio Sakara.

You have almost 7k posts, and you don't understand that reference?

Go to the All-Time Sherdog Threads thread, and find the one about Alessio Sakara.

i did, I still dont get it.
whats your take on what an apocalyptic fighter is?

NFL lineman maybe in the low regional tier strongman competitions sure, but theres no way you can say they would hold their own with the actual worlds strongest men, they wouldn't come close. Go look up all the worlds strongest men, none of them look anything likeNFL guys, way way way stronger, and mostly white if being honest (atleast the very top ones with all the world records and lifting records.) NFL guys mostly jacked black dudes that are very fast :p Hate to stereotype but its easy to see if you look at strongman and NFL, both sports have very different looking types and races on average. Those strongmen look like they would be pretty slow because of how much muscle mass they have. The worlds strongest man dudes have records of a over 1000 fucking pounds deadlift.. no NFL guy is doing that

I agree that the NFL guys seem to have a nice balance of strength, speed, power etc, sure sign of good athletes.

In football there’s a good mix of white and black athletes. Especially amongst lineman. And...

“Billings was strong enough to break a 22-year Texas state high school weightlifting record, by lifting a total of 2,010 pounds (805 squat, 500 bench press, 705 deadlift) — and that was when he was in high school! That 22 year old record was previously held by WWE star Mark Henry, who’s known as “The World’s Strongest Man.”
(Mark Henry won multiple powerlifting, and strongman competitions. And not saying he didn’t get stronger after high school. But clearly Billings was equally as gifted strength wise. “
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Henry

https://thesportsdrop.com/the-nfls-11-strongest-players-these-guys-are-freaks/4/

You really are insecure.

This is the first time I've even taken part in an 'A level athlete' conversation, and all you did was generalize and infer some kind of weird worship.

It just stands to reason that better athletes would make better fighters. Unless you consider athleticism to be a negative trait in a fighter.

I'm not trying to rile you up. Again, that just seems like you being defensive.
Your too obvious. You are argumentative and trollish.

Very obvious.

Back