Why is Jones fighting someone with a 31-13-0 record??

Is the division that fucking weak these days? I haven't followed it closely. There is absolutely nobody else he could've have fought? We don't need to bring out the whipping boy Cormier a third time.
Why is it a problem? He's won eight more fights than Jones and is on a longer winning streak.

Well, he's won his last three fights, 14 of his last 16, and is currently ranked higher than the other potential contender, Thiago Santos. Besides, who else in the rankings would you prefer? Gus? He just lost to Jones. Volkan? He's lost his last two. Jan? He's got wins, but not over anyone that matters. And those guys are your top five.

Maybe Anderson, Reyes, or Walker will be ready after a couple more wins each, but for now, this is where LHW stands.

It didn't use to be though.
Granted there were more contenders but it has always been on the slightly thin side. Lightweight had a back log where they wouldn't sign any more fighters at one point because there were too many. Lightweight, Welterweight have always been pretty full. Unless you've made a big buzz about yourself the main way to get signed as a lightweight is a late notice step in

Idk

Why did top LHWs lose to a guy with a 28-13 record

Get the fuck outta here with this

Sad state when fans whine about a champion being active and fighting exciting contenders.

I love active champions. Wish we had more of them going through the ranks and solidifying their divisional greatness.

Yeah, let's dont care about rankings. More "superfights" is what we need

Yeah, let's dont care about rankings. More "superfights" is what we need

If the best we got is -13, fuck yeah... Will he lose a 14th time, this time against an all-time great? People are on pins and needles!!!

He deserves it but honestly it is a tremendous mismatch. Gsp-Serraesque if you ask me.

Is the division that fucking weak these days? I haven't followed it closely. There is absolutely nobody else he could've have fought? We don't need to bring out the whipping boy Cormier a third time.

Fucking casual

Back